The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Montreal-Van, Edmonton-Van, Boston-Van (Proposals)

#1. Different Twist to an old proposal: At the Draft

Higgins, Van 2nd (45) for Edmonton 2015-2nd (31)

#2, Oldie but a goodie: At the deadline

Vrbata and Corrado for Montreal 2015-1st and Tinordi

#3. Time to End the story

Kassian for Boston Morrow + 2015-3rd (80ish)

Why Edmonton does it: Edmonton needs some experience, Higgi brings that in spades, and will be a good mentor, Can play lines 2, 3, 4 and PK......it's a fit.......Higgi does it knowing Edmontons ready to break out. Van overpays in body because the up grade allows them a 1st that has fallen, something Edmonton should not be concerned with. (Higgins is on a great contract)

Montreal does this because, they are close to being a number one contender (or in the mix) and would love to put a player of that magnitude up on one of their top 2 lines.......HF Boards seem to like that part of the trade, where it gets tricky is trying to pry Tinordi away,,,,,,but Montreal is drooling for another cup.

Vrbata > MTL 2015-1st short term, and Tinordi is > than Corrado,.......we might have to add.

Kassian is talented and could play on Bostons 3rd line with no more development, if he developes further, Boston gets another talented big boy. Morrows hasn't had the chance to really show what he's got, but still worth being a piece for Kassian. Vancouver does it to end the misery......will he or won't he.......the risk is there for both teams

We are done.....sign the remaining UFA's and RFA's, bring up the kids to fill the holes...........PS, both Tinordi and Morrow are ready to come up

Like the Kassian trade.

Vrbata is unlikely to be traded because we just signed him about 7 months ago.

And for the Higgins trade, I'd try to add a player in there. Maybe Tyler Pitlick? He's kind of redundant seeing as that there are many better prospects ahead of him in Edmonton.

#1 The first trade is not bad. It will depend on who Edmonton wants in the 2nd round though. If they think they can get their guy by moving down a few spots then they will likely consider the trade. Its definitely not bad value.

#2 I think Montreal declines. I think they would be open to moving the 1st and a smaller plus for Vrbata but adding Tinordi would be a deal breaker. Remove Tinordi and Corrado and look for a smaller piece, maybe Nygren or Andrighetto. Then again I don't think the Canucks should trade Vrbata either. It doesn't make sense for a team to start moving pieces while being in a playoff spot. If Vancouver starts a significant slump and is out of it completely at the deadline then it could make sense. The odds of that happening don't seem very likely though.

#3 I can't see Boston considering this. They need Morrow more than Kassian, and even then adding a 3rd on top of a valued asset does not make sense from their perspective.

Overall though its not a bad thread at all. You did a decent job with the value going back something that does not happen enough on these boards.

Vrbata trade has to happen this year for the Value.........5yrs from now, no one will remember trading Vrbata

Also, checked into Pitlick....he's a center.....stats I saw didn't really tell me much......why Pitlick?

He actually plays the wing a lot that can take important face-off draws. He's a winger/center that can play both positions at any given time. Those kinds of players are players you need to role 4 lines.

Thanks Toews

Really want the

2015-1st, 2016-4th?, and Tinordi............what about paying extra..........Vrbata and McCann

Maybe add a little more back too

I think Montreal values Tinordi too much to trade him away. I don't think its worth it for Vancouver to trade McCann either. Its too early to look at moving McCann. As you know I am not a Canucks fan but I really like McCann. I think he could be a really nice piece and could become a really nice asset depending on how he progresses. Its too early to even think of trading him and I doubt Benning even considers it.

I would keep the trade simple, Vrbata for the 1st+ something smaller. The Habs may need to dump a contract as well, someone like PAP maybe.

Not bad, but I don't like the edm deal

Too much from us to move up 15 spots. Higgins should be worth a late second himself so I don't think 2 seconds = 1 high second.

I would do Higgi and a 2016 3rd for there 2015 second.

Dorsett was for a third, I think Higgs should be slightly higher in Value even though he hasn't shown up on the score sheet.

Other 2 trades are pretty good. I don't think the Corrado for Tinordi swap would be what MTL wants, but I could see them dishing out there first and a good prospect for Vrby. We lose short term hard on that though. HE's by far our best goal scorer. The moves he put on Ward today were sick. Hit the post though :(

I would do Vrby for Scherbak + 3rd or for McCarron + second

Vrbata trade has to happen this year for the Value.........5yrs from now, no one will remember trading Vrbata

Also, checked into Pitlick....he's a center.....stats I saw didn't really tell me much......why Pitlick?

Nope. You don't trade your top goal scorer when you are in a playoff spot. Stop trying to tank.

Benning has said that he won't trade picks or prospects.

Not bad, but I don't like the edm deal

Too much from us to move up 15 spots. Higgins should be worth a late second himself so I don't think 2 seconds = 1 high second.

I would do Higgi and a 2016 3rd for there 2015 second.

Dorsett was for a third, I think Higgs should be slightly higher in Value even though he hasn't shown up on the score sheet.

Other 2 trades are pretty good. I don't think the Corrado for Tinordi swap would be what MTL wants, but I could see them dishing out there first and a good prospect for Vrby. We lose short term hard on that though. HE's by far our best goal scorer. The moves he put on Ward today were sick. Hit the post though :(

I would do Vrby for Scherbak + 3rd or for McCarron + second

So in your world the cap doesn't apply to Montreal? IF Montreal was to trade for Vrbata it wouldn't be for picks and prospects, they would need to send back significant salary to stay under the cap

Archived