The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Dunno .. Just dunno what to say about this team that hasn't already been said.

Kassian is trying hard to be traded it seems.

Sedins laughing all the way to the bank until they can fly home to Sweden

Burrows and Higgins skating around contributing next to nothing.

Don't really get where these guys' pride has gone to..no heart at all.

I want to start a petition that demands the NHL to change the players' pay to depend on games won. I feel I will never be able to appreciate this game at 100% when I know that players can lay back and still get paid big bucks when there are thousands of players with talent waiting to give their best.

Canucks are still on the All-Star break...I thought they got off to a decent start,but were beaten by a superior team (Corey Perry has been mostly out of the lineup against the Canucks this season)..when the Ducks are healthy,we don't match up.

Dull,uninspired game...I'm sure they'll be ready for the next one.

We play great at the start of the season offensively when our goaltending was average and now we can barely score with great goaltending besides this game.

gif_gifsicle_80_e451665bd2.gif

So baffled.

It's almost like it's last season all over again...

Well, the scoring thing. Not sure about the goaltending. Kinda drank last season under the table, it's a little blurry.

Someone forgot to tell the Canucks that the break was over.

Its probably an advantage though to play on the road the first game back. Forces players into the routine right away because of travel, rooming etc..gets their heads in the game earlier.

but lets face it, it was a demolition out there. It looked like all the Canucks players including the goalie had just each gotten off of their respective airplanes, worn out and jet lagged, returning from hawaii or wherever with their wives…had a quick nap…and headed uptown to play the game tonight. Looking that unprepared, this ones got to fall heavy on Willie too.

It's sad to see how much the Sedins have regressed over the past 18 months. 2 players with cap hit totalling $14MM, FOR THE NEXT 3 SEASONS, and they can now barely string 2 passes together.

Shawn Matthias cap hit is $1.75MM. So, if my math is correct, for $14MM we could have 8 Shawn Matthias players.

I'll take that deal any time. At least he tries to drive to the net and at least he shoots the puck more than once during a game. And at least he backchecks. Oh, and did I mention he kills penalties on a regular basis ?

I an SOOO frustrated.

Archived