The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Call Up] Ronalds Kenins to join Canucks

TheRussianRocket.

Tears Apollo? Real tears?

Tell me it's no so. Not for a game in February.

Nice Jack. Come on Apollo... It was nice he scored and it's always great to have a rookie come up and play lights out. But let's talk in a few games when the adrenaline wears off and he's gone pointless in 5 games. You also have to be honest about his goals, they were weak goals that any other top tier goalie would have stopped.

He's from Latvia.

I knew what he meant.

Finnish players tend to play with a certain edge/festiveness not dissimilar to "Canadian" style hockey but with a bit of European skill thrown in. Their actually an intriguing sort of hybrid of the two.

Stating Kenins plays "like a Finn" makes sense IMO.

Impressed with this guy so far.

Love his mental approach - when teams hit his guys, it fires him up to play harder - "nice to score goals but it means nothing, I need to play hard every shift."

Doesn't brush off bad penalty as "playing with emotion" but felt really bad and tried to make amends.

WD is going to love this kid.

I haven't really been paying attention to his backcheck/general defence, has anyone else? seems good on the boards and forecheck

The other night after he took the penalty and they scored he back checked like a demon possessed for the next couple shifts.Twice as fast as Bo and Derek (Bo Derek haha). A man on fire, he was awesome and he is just high speed all the time, and sets up well on the half boards for the outlet breaking out of the zone.

The other night after he took the penalty and they scored he back checked like a demon possessed for the next couple shifts.Twice as fast as Bo and Derek (Bo Derek haha). A man on fire, he was awesome and he is just high speed all the time, and sets up well on the half boards for the outlet breaking out of the zone.

HE definitely races around out there but is effective at using his speed well to pressure the D and cause rushed/bad passes. Noticed numerous times last game where it resulted in the Nucks gaining possession. He is tenacious on the puck as well. If he loses the initial battle , he recovers very quickly and re-engages. Tough to play against.

I knew what he meant.

Finnish players tend to play with a certain edge/festiveness not dissimilar to "Canadian" style hockey but with a bit of European skill thrown in. Their actually an intriguing sort of hybrid of the two.

Stating Kenins plays "like a Finn" makes sense IMO.

As you normally do my frnd... Nailed it :)

Archived