The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Call Up] Ronalds Kenins to join Canucks

TheRussianRocket.

Yea, how cool would that be? Kenins debuting in the NHL against his Olympic coach and countryman Zemgus Girgensons - pretty cool if you ask me :)

Yeah absolutely, they gotta get him in, I mean that's great incentive for the guy to get a feel for the NHL game. Takes a lot of pressure off I think to have old faces around, even if they are on the other team. I mean in his mind he's like I played with these guys, I know I can play and I belong here.

stupid move.... literally so many better choices.

everyone deserves at least a look... part of developing players is giving the experience of being in the nhl... just a taste is enough for motivation for them to set a goal to the nhl no stupid move here

Grenier, Archibald, Defazzio hell even Gaunce as a wing are all better choices.

How do you know this. I assume that WD asked the Utica coaches who could best fill this particular role. Those coaches see the Utica players every day whereas most Canuck fans hardly ever see these guys play.

The key thing that Dorsett provided that will be missed is intensity. I assume that Kenins is expected to provide similar intensity. And I would expect that he has a high level of defensive responsibility.

Ronalds Kenins will be the first Latvian skater to dress in a Canucks uni since none other than Herberts Vasiljevs in 2002.

I'm psyched for this call-up! His road to the NHL has been a great story thus far.

Lol, you enjoy it man and yea, Kenins has gone through a pretty unconventional road to get to where he is today. He deserves every bit of recognition for not giving up and making the most of his opportunities.

I think Gaunce deserves a shot at the NHL level, he's physically ready and would have filled the Dorsett void admirably.

Regardless, the Canucks desperately need a spark so hopefully Kenins can bring some energy, but I'd like to see a bit of a changeup:

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Kassian - Matthias - Burrows

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Archived