The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vaccine-free daycare criticized by Ottawa Public Health

Lockout Casualty

Again. The cdc states that measels isn't life threatening in anyway to healthy children. Im not sure where your info is from

Hmmm

What is more retarded.

Ensuring children are protected against illnesses that can cause disfigurement, lifelong pain, deformities or death

Or

Citing literal hand picked sentences and paragraphs from a widely discredited paper to try and support your claims

Also: According to the National Institutes of Health, obesity and overweight together are the second leading cause of preventable death in the United States, close behind tobacco use (3). An estimated 300,000 deaths per year are due to the obesity epidemic (57).

The same board that pushes vaccines legalizes smoking and what is in fast food.

How many peopled died from measels again?

Again. The cdc states that measels isn't life threatening in anyway to healthy children. Im not sure where your info is from

Also: According to the National Institutes of Health, obesity and overweight together are the second leading cause of preventable death in the United States, close behind tobacco use (3). An estimated 300,000 deaths per year are due to the obesity epidemic (57).

Wow you're REALLY pushing for it aren't you?

http://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/index.html

Read up.

http://www.microblogology.com/?p=711

http://www.opb.org/news/article/npr-beyond-rash-and-fever-how-measles-can-kill/

http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/69028776.png

7547ce87400bef8afbd4a138df513340.jpg

To summarize. A blood clot or aneurysm can kill a healthy person. A cold, a common cold with any complications can kill a healthy person. Measles is a disease that KILLS period.

To quote smoking and obesity is such a pathetic argument. Compare two things that are choices people make in regards to their health and well being vs a disease which CAN KILL CHILDREN who have no choice.

You can paint yourself as deep into this corner as you'd like bub. You're never going to be correct.

Huh, really thought there would be more anti-vaxxers on CDC than just Tortorella.

This article states that 20% of canadians believe that the measles vaccine causes autism.

www.theguardian.com/society/2015/feb/07/measles-vaccination-rates-africa-surpass-north-america

It also states that 16 african countries have achieved almost 100% vacc rates while the US is at 91% and canada at 84%

Here in aus they have linked family payments with getting vaccinations , you do not get vaccs for your kid/s , you do not get your family payment.

vaccines are benefitial collectively... But on an individual basis, they are more harmful in developed countries.....

don't get vaccinated, and leech off the herd immunity of others....

that is the dangerous reality no one wants to talk about...

I personally have a mild needle phobia, and always hated vaccines and needles of any kind..

I remember missing a vaccine day at school (cant remember what vaccine it was) and got some note telling me to go take it at some other time (which I threw in the garbage).. and I grew up a normal human being without any vaccine preventable diseases. the whole vaccine Nazi crew really likes to exaggerate the threats in my opinion....

vaccines are benefitial collectively... But on an individual basis, they are more harmful in developed countries.....

I personally have a mild needle phobia, and always hated vaccines and needles of any kind..

I remember missing a vaccine day at school (cant remember what vaccine it was) and got some note telling me to go take it at some other time (which I threw in the garbage).. and I grew up a normal human being without any vaccine preventable diseases. the whole vaccine Nazi crew really likes to exaggerate the threats in my opinion....

What evidence are you basing this on?

What evidence are you basing this on?

haven't googled exact numbers but based on perception....

Vaccine complications are a real possibility

there is also a very small chance some of the consipiracy theories regarding vaccines actually being true...

but im quite familiar with the concept of herd immunity, and on an individual basis, your probably not taking a major risk by not getting vaccinated in a country like Canada.

lol

there is also a very small chance some of the consipiracy theories regarding vaccines actually being true...

but im quite familiar with the concept of herd immunity, and on an individual basis, your probably not taking a major risk by not getting vaccinated in a country like Canada.

Serious vaccine complications are also incredibly rare, though. I'm sure someone could do a cost-benefit analysis for individuals. Of course, that gets hard to quantify if you include potential risks to people close to you who might also get sick, as that will have a severe individual impact as well.

Yes they are but short of actually being likely to react and thus medically excluded from taking one skipping them because you might react is silly. I had the measles when I was a kid and the doctors were convinced I got it from the vaccine. Thankfully it was a very mild case. That's never stopped me from getting vaccines and has in fact made me even more serious about having them. If I got a mild case from the vaccine, I can't imagine how bad it could have been if I hadn't been vaccinated and had gotten them.

John Tortorella, take the time to really do some research before I come into this discussion after my exams pass.

I think you have enough help here already. ::D

I love how you ignored my entire post and took one aspect of my argument out of context. I was referring to having one un vaccinated child infecting a whole group of children in an environment such as a vaccine free daycare.

I wouldn't worry about it, he's gotten much quieter. The last thing we heard from him on the subject was him laughing into obscurity.

Oops, I spoke too soon:

That, along with the anti-vaccine crowd, just proves you can't protect people from themselves. The government isn't perfect - far from it - but we're seeing in the States just how vocal stupid people can be when they feel government is infringing on their rights, and just how silent they can be on things they really should be vocal about.

Archived