The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Who knows what else they do" - Benn + Seguin

El_Capitan

They are a bunch of idiots. No one can disagree with that. They thought they were being funny but it came across as stupid and douchy. The two of them are superstars and part of the younger generation of players who are coming up in the game. But to make comments like these show that you have no respect for older players. Can you imagine a guy like Crosby making these comments? I am afraid this is going to be a trend in the newer generation of hockey players. No respect for your peers and no idea how to conduct themselves in public. Disgusting.

It wasn't funny and I'd love to see Seguin leave the ice on a strectcher next time we face Dallas. Absolutely unacceptable and just shows how much of a piece of garbage Seguin is.

You have problems dude. Like serious problems. You have like what 5 or 6 guys on your "hit list" now? Get some help dude. You need it more than Seguin and Benn.

Wow guys calm down, it sounded like a joke. I think everyone is overreacting

Other than Heffy I don't think anyone is. And that guy needs help. I am not a Canucks fans and even I see that this was stupid and classless. This was also from two superstars and franchise players. When Bolland did it no one really cared because it came from a 3rd line grinder.

Classless morons. They should be ashamed of displaying that kind of ignorance... but they probably aren't.

This is the reason why I sometimes wonder why I watch hockey... don't like to support creeps like this.

By the way, no one comes out with comments like this unless they are insecure about their own 'manhood'... so their comments raise more questions about whether they are the ones hiding in the closet. They are the bachelors...

Meanwhile the Sedins are both happily married with Daniel having 2 daughters and a son, and Henrik with two sons. So who the real men are is obvious.

Edit:

In my opinion making remarks like this should call for a reprimand from the league... it is frankly unacceptable.

Classless morons. They should be ashamed of displaying that kind of ignorance... but they probably aren't.

This is the reason why I sometimes wonder why I watch hockey... don't like to support creeps like this.

By the way, no one comes out with comments like this unless they are insecure about their own 'manhood'... so their comments raise more questions about whether they are the ones hiding in the closet. They are the bachelors...

Meanwhile the Sedins are both happily married with Daniel having 2 daughters and a son, and Henrik with two sons. So who the real men are is obvious.

Wow. Just wow.

My IQ just dropped.

Transcript of a part of the interview:

interviewer: do you guys room together? (referring to Jamie and Jordie)
jamie: no
interviewer: ok because we heard the youngsters have to room together
Seguin: jordie’s like 27
interviewer: I know and you don’t have to but I bet you the sedins room together
seguin: well yeah (laughs) that’s the Sedins
benn: who knows what else they do together too
seg​uin: seriously
(room laughing)
interviewer: and in no way am I implying that you have a Sedin-type vibe going about you but ok
(still laughing)
another interviewer?: don’t they shave the exact same-
interviewer: dude it’s creepy. in fact, it’s a good example to future brothers in the NHL on how not to do things. in my opinion.
other interviewer: are they weird?
benn: I don’t know. I can’t say
interviewer: you do know
seguin: they look weird
benn?: oh sorry
other interviewer: you got that one
seguin?: yeah we get it
interviewer: that’s nice

Edit:

In my opinion making remarks like this should call for a reprimand from the league... it is frankly unacceptable.

You need to reevaluate your own opinion as you are doing just about the exact same thing as they did. How does that make you any better than they are?

Transcript of a part of the interview:

interviewer: do you guys room together? (referring to Jamie and Jordie)
jamie: no
interviewer: ok because we heard the youngsters have to room together
Seguin: jordie’s like 27
interviewer: I know and you don’t have to but I bet you the sedins room together
seguin: well yeah (laughs) that’s the Sedins
benn: who knows what else they do together too
seg​uin: seriously
(room laughing)
interviewer: and in no way am I implying that you have a Sedin-type vibe going about you but ok
(still laughing)
another interviewer?: don’t they shave the exact same-
interviewer: dude it’s creepy. in fact, it’s a good example to future brothers in the NHL on how not to do things. in my opinion.
other interviewer: are they weird?
benn: I don’t know. I can’t say
interviewer: you do know
seguin: they look weird
benn?: oh sorry
other interviewer: you got that one
seguin?: yeah we get it
interviewer: that’s nice

These guys are complete scum... as is the announcer for putting them up to it.

I am ashamed to have to acknowledge Benn is also from BC.

The lack of respect tells you all you need to know about their characters...

Here's the bottom line: They will never win the Art Ross Trophy... and one of the reasons is they are too classless to respect those who have.

Has anyone noticed a culture change in Dallas? They are turning into a Boston-style and LA-style sensationalist trolling franchise.

Does that sell tickets? If so, then maybe the Canucks should adapt this as well and go on the attack in this fashion.

I hear Seguin may do drugs. Is that what he was traded for, I don't remember. Maybe that is a place to start.

Aaaaand go.

Oh whatever, quit being so damn PC. Sure it's disrespectful but it's pretty obvious he was trying to be funny, wasn't funny, but it's not like he called them names. Jamie Benn didn't say anything wrong, Seguin's just not a good comedian. I'd bet Benn has a boy crush on the twins anyhow, I remember he and his Bro playing for the Victoria Grizzlies years back, those two loved the Canucks.

Excuse me but these two are ambassadors for the NHL. When they talk disrespectfully in an official capacity it reflects on the NHL. They also made a homophobic slur which is inexcusable. Sean Avery was suspended for making comments about his ex and Dion Phaneuf, so I expect a suspension in this case as well. I won't however hold my breath.

Archived