The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden Vey's play as of late

Boninorama

Linden Vey's performance over the last few games has really improved. He was moved up to the second line and ever since then he has flourished. He's been going to the net and taking shot and effectively making sweet passes in tight, but the one thing that bothers me is that in critical times such as in the third period, he tries deking his way past forecheckers and ends up causing a turnover. Not saying that he turns it over all the time, i'm not saying that at all, but the few times he does turn it over due to his stick handling, it is sometimes costly.

That's what he SHOULD be doing, Vey, In my opinion is one of the most highly skilled guys on the team,

I WANT him taking chances, because I've seen him do that same deke many times in heavy traffic and make it through, at which point I've been like "WOW!"

As far as forwards with raw offensive skill, I put him at #3 on our team, right behind the Sedins, let him develop and make a few mistakes, I predict it will start paying off really soon.

People are way too hard on him. I get he's 24 but he's still a rookie in the best league in the world and is on pace for 30ish points in his first season.

I think after a good offseason of training he will be ready for the top 6 next year.

He plays better in the middle, but he should switch to wing since he's not very big or good defensively.

If he gets offensive line mates next year I can see him putting up 40+ points.

Great pick up imo. What more do people want for a 2nd round pick, that's all we payed for him, most of them don't make then NHL.

Linden Vey's performance over the last few games has really improved. He was moved up to the second line and ever since then he has flourished. He's been going to the net and taking shot and effectively making sweet passes in tight, but the one thing that bothers me is that in critical times such as in the third period, he tries deking his way past forecheckers and ends up causing a turnover. Not saying that he turns it over all the time, i'm not saying that at all, but the few times he does turn it over due to his stick handling, it is sometimes costly.

He has had his share of notable turnovers, but he's also doing a good job imo of getting to the center of the play - and has had enough possession that he is going to commit the odd turnover. He's not the strongest guy down low, or on the boards, but he gets there and battles hard. Imo, he has looked good playing with Vrbata and Higgins - I like the idea of putting him between a couple great veteran two way forwards - takes some of the defensive pressure of being a center off of him. I think he has good hockey sense so have no problem with them sticking with him through some stretches where he's not producing as much - he's young and that's to be expected imo.

I didn't think he played great at the start of the Boston game. He turned the puck over a few times.

Other than that though, he has been playing better as of late. I think he'll turn out to be quite a good player for us.

Edit: It's so much more exciting watching guys like Vey improve, and knowing they're just going to get better. Rather than stressing about windows closing

He's just too soft for me. Ya he has skill, but I've never seen him throw a hit and like you said when the d pinches down he never gets the puck out. Always doubles back into his own zone if he doesnt just lose the battle and the puck.

He's just too soft for me. Ya he has skill, but I've never seen him throw a hit and like you said when the d pinches down he never gets the puck out. Always doubles back into his own zone if he doesnt just lose the battle and the puck.

You know i don't see Patrick Kane running people. You have to find some skill to win. We can't have 12 meat heads as the forwards. It's not as though he doesn't go into the corners....he does. Frankly i don't see Bonino bringing a lot of beef either. Look down the forwards we have on the roster, the majority are lacking skill and offer 3rd line strength. I don't see any prospects down in Utica with skill and IQ either. Vey is likely the only one that fills that void and heaven help us when the Sedins take a serious slide. Either we get some skill ( which we have failed to draft ) or it's going to be chip and chase for years to come. Remember he's still young and it's his first year in the legue. Frankly the future looks pretty grim for Vcr

Ahhh....yes, that''s a good point,

Also, when talking about raw skill I should mention Kassian.

However I do believe Vey in his prime, will be better than Vbrata in his.

Wow.. already putting a future 30-goal scorer label on Vey?

Not saying he won't be but that's bold this early

Archived