The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sestito Is gone from this org.

avelanch

Tom Sestito Out for the Season

By Mark Caswell Jr.

Updated: February 23, 2015

comets_general.jpg

The Vancouver Canucks and Utica Comets jointly announced today that forward Tom Sestito will not play for either club for the remainder of this season.
Sestito will workout on his own and will continue to receive his salary while the Canucks work to identify a new club where he can continue his career.
The Canucks and Comets thank Tom for his contributions and wish him luck in the future.

http://www.uticacomets.com/tom-sestito-out-for-the-season/

If I'm being perfectly honest, Tom's had a fairly bad attitute and his play certainly didn't warrant him playing more, he took the demotion like an insult and had a bad attitude in utica. he can't cut it in either league, too slow, he's part of a dying breed of hockey player, and there just isn't room for him anymore. I'd be surprised if the team were to find a suitor willing to take him, to be honest.

If I'm being perfectly honest, Tom's had a fairly bad attitute and his play certainly didn't warrant him playing more, he took the demotion like an insult and had a bad attitude in utica. he can't cut it in either league, too slow, he's part of a dying breed of hockey player, and there just isn't room for him anymore. I'd be surprised if the team were to find a suitor willing to take him, to be honest.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. Maybe his agent can find him a deal in the KHL or somewhere in Europe, but even that would be a stretch.

Sorry Tom, but you're a part of a dying breed in the NHL. Good luck in your future endeavors..

Archived