The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sestito Is gone from this org.

avelanch

Just seems like he really cared about the team, the same team that didn't give him a chance, that's all...definitely a epic moment though..

They gave him NUMEROUS chances. He decided to have a pissy attitude, pick up his toys and go home.

I always get frustrated when players refuse to compete hard after being demoted to the AHL. He only had 1 goal in 10 games. He should have stepped up his game against lesser competition. Instead, he gave up and waited for the situation to fix itself.

It might well partially be about his conditioning, weight stuff since he hasn't been playing much up here or in the AHL. If he had issues with that before and then some major frustration because of his ice time and then again motivational issues as a followup and didn't get in shape and fell out of the chart in Utica too because of that. All this mixed with his speed, even last year when he was a little better conditioned and his style of play all together.

Doesn't necessarily mean it was 'cancer in the locker room'... maybe just a struggling athlete setting a bad example whilst going through a very long, tough stretch of issues during his career. Cancer in the locker room to me sound more like an arrogant a-hole who does things his own way and doesn't take others into consideration/ follow protocol.

Tom just doesn't strike me as a that kinda guy. Then again, what do I know...

He was an OKAY enforcer, not that great of a fighter.

Dorsett is a much better replacement IMO. Faster, grittier, skilled, can put up more points, wins most of his fights, etc.

If he wants to piss and moan then so be it.

Benning sent him down because he felt Sestito deserved to play somewhere.

There really should be no spite in this situation, so for him to whine after being given an opportunity to play speaks volumes about his character.

Yes he was in a predicament, but there is just no room for him since everyone is playing great this year.

But like others have said, he should have taken the opportunity as a chance to show what he can do.

But he didn't.

Good luck Tom.

Paying to keephisbad attitude away from our prospects I guess.

I understand his frustration but honestly he was told to change the way he played and didnt want to do it.

not that he didn't want to do it... it was that he couldn't do it... a specific type of players such as rypien was with the canucks... those players are meant to fight not do everything that this day in age new era of players are capable of doing at such a high pace... sad but true....

First I've heard of this sort of thing happening. Guess they didn't even want him in the 'Zoo. I guess by 'continuing to work out on his own', they could potentially keep tabs on his progress? It's like Willie said at the start of the season, he needs to cut 10-15 pounds.

All the best, but I think this is his last contract. Couldn't cut it in Utica.

Wow. Feel like we're missing something here. I get if they don't think he can make it here but he actually did show enough skill to be at least a usable 4th liner in Utica until his contract runs out, especially since we keep depleting their roster by calling people up. To actually just cut all ties with him seems like they felt the need for extraordinary measures for some specific reason.

Best of luck, Sestito. If there was a reason (severely bad attitude, whatever) that will make people not want you, you're going to need it finding a new career. :(

I liked "the Boxing Hobo" he stood up for his team. But, alas the league is changing and most teams parted with the pure heavy weight enforcers. Speed, grit and talent is what it takes and Dorset fits that bill better than Tom.

We can speculate on should woulda coulda on Tom's attitude but I for one just want to wish him well and thanks for being a teammate for the Nucks

Archived