The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sestito Is gone from this org.

avelanch

His position is being eliminated from the NHL and it sounds like he doesn't want to play in the AHL. If he was pissed about being sent down, he should have worked harder to bring his skating up a level where he could contribute in the NHL. He's got a decent shot, I'm honestly surprised he was released, in my opinion it suggests that he was never going be given ice time by Green and neither of the organizations had the interest to get him to NHL speed.

Good luck Tom...Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake!

This is tough news as Sestito was always willing to stick up for teammates and provided a great deterrent from opposing teams taking cheapshots on the Canucks. It was awesome when he went after Nolan for running H. Sedin and that goal celebration mocking Yakupov was stuff of legends. Keith Olbermann can go to hell.

I hope Sestito has success with another team because he did give it everything he had for the Canucks and isn't completely devoid of skill. He wasn't here long but his bonecrushing hits, constant trash talk, iron knuckles, and menacing scowl will be remembered for a long time.

This is tough news as Sestito was always willing to stick up for teammates and provided a great deterrent from oppposing teams taking cheapshots on the Canucks. It was awesome when he went after Nolan for running H. Sedin and that goal celebration mocking Yakupov was stuff of legends. Keith Olbermann can go to hell.

I hope Sestito has success with another team because did give it everything he had for the Canucks and he isn't completely devoid of skill. He wasn't here long but his bonecrushing hits, constant trash talk, iron knuckles, and menacing scowl will be remembered for a long time.

Are you really this angry of a person?

Up until this year I liked Sestito on the team. Was good for a couple minutes a game, a big hit here and there, and some fighting. Unfortunately he just couldn't keep up, Willie wanted him to be able to play 10 minutes a game but his conditioning was horrible.

Hopefully for his sake he can find a way to get a contract from a team and try to earn a spot on the roster, whether its NHL, AHL or elsewhere. He just doesn't fit on this team anymore, the Canucks told him what he needed to and was not able to make it happen. Good Luck Tom, it's going to be a hard road back.

I always found him entertaining to watch. Always stood up for teammates and always hunted players down had they done any wrong doing to other Canucks. Even when he took runs at other guys and missed, it was hilarious ::D

Kinda disappointed to see him take this direction. He's always been under a lot of scrutiny, but giving up never works out and he should know that. I think the way he's handled the last few are going to hurt his chances of making the NHL again.

Are you really this angry of a person?

What are you talking about? Writing a few positive things about a player I was a fan of is showing anger?

The Olbermann comment was in response to him calling Sestito the worst human in sports or whatever last season.

What are you talking about? Writing a few positive things about a player I was a fan of is showing anger?

The Olbermann comment was in response to him calling Sestito the worst human in sports or whatever last season.

To be fair, tone and intent don't come across well in emails, posts, etc., so forgive me if I'm wrong. Just that your phraseology and word choice comes across angry at times. If not, great.

He needed to tap in to the 42 goal year back with the Plymouth Whalers....Where did that guy go...? But now he will go to another team and his true potential will come out and bite us. lol

Ya what a strange stats list. He's around ten goals or so in 60 games , then has a 42 goal 64 point year in 60 games the next year and never gets even close to that again. Guess they changed his role

To be fair, tone and intent don't come across well in emails, posts, etc., so forgive me if I'm wrong. Just that your phraseology and word choice comes across angry at times. If not, great.

Or maybe it's my avatar. Kratos is one angry dude.

I liked Sestito and what he brought Physically against the big teams and fought LA last year , but he was just to slow and had not offensive game. Best of luck to him in the future.

He is the only one that actually did something about a cheap shot on the Twins or a dirty hit

This is tough news as Sestito was always willing to stick up for teammates and provided a great deterrent from opposing teams taking cheapshots on the Canucks. It was awesome when he went after Nolan for running H. Sedin and that goal celebration mocking Yakupov was stuff of legends. Keith Olbermann can go to hell.

I hope Sestito has success with another team because he did give it everything he had for the Canucks and isn't completely devoid of skill. He wasn't here long but his bonecrushing hits, constant trash talk, iron knuckles, and menacing scowl will be remembered for a long time.

Apparently, his trash talking skills are terrible.

Archived