The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Blues @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Kassian didn't keep Kassian in check, Reaves and that atomic overhand right did.

I'm talking about after he got out of the box. Instead of looking for Reeves he actually started playing harder, hitting more and working like a trojan.

The punch was a cheap shot and the old Kassian would have exacted revenge and by doing so hurt the team.

Interesting game to say the least. After the two Stl goals, I was thinking the boys are flat. After our 5th goal I was thinking just don't let up. After STL scored their 3rd goal I had a sense of dread...which quickly became reality. And then the shootout. I hate the shootout. Nice to get the win but holy crap is prefer we didn't do it that way.

I felt the same way during the game, thank god we got the win. I cant even imagine how low the team's morale would have gotten if they didn't pull out the 2 points.

TSN Radio Vancouver uudelleentwiittasi

Here's the news #Comets fans have been waiting for: Vancouver has made Markstrom, Kenins, Biega and Clendening eligible for @TheAHL playoffs

Hope all the guys stay up as long as possible. Bega probably won't, but the others should stay.

TSN Radio Vancouver uudelleentwiittasi

Here's the news #Comets fans have been waiting for: Vancouver has made Markstrom, Kenins, Biega and Clendening eligible for @TheAHL playoffs

Hope all the guys stay up as long as possible. Bega probably won't, but the others should stay.

Forget the rest but not Kenins!!!! don't take him away from us!!

Shout out to Bonino..I've been hard on this guy lately-if he plays like this, we're lookin' good.

Agree with you all on Kenins..keep lookin' for small print, with this deal - there's gotta' be a catch! Did we really discover such an uncut gem? Starting to look like a freebie 1st rounder.

Finally Hansen. Can't remember ever seeing him skate/dangle & attack with such panache. Must be the youngin'-linemates, but the Badger is in top form.

If we ever get healthy(touch wood) imagine the in-team competition for slots!

Hansens skating out of the zone was great tonight.

I'm talking about after he got out of the box. Instead of looking for Reeves he actually started playing harder, hitting more and working like a trojan.

The punch was a cheap shot and the old Kassian would have exacted revenge and by doing so hurt the team.

I certainly agree that he wasn't looking for Reaves anymore...and it's clear why.

To the people saying "stop whining, we still won", face some facts.

We just gave up 3 goals in less than 8 minutes in a 3rd period to a team who played the night before.

Yes we have injuries, but we have been extremely inconsistent and giving up leads all year long.

I'm frustrated with this win as it is just going to keep us in the middle of the pack as usual, with a first round exit.

We will get demolished playing any of the 3 possible teams we match up against position wise in the 1st round and it would be done so in 5 or less games.

This team is playing above it's record, at an unsustainable pace for the line up it has. Anyone who has watched hockey for more than a few years will tell you this.

Hate to be a negative nancy, but it's reality.

On the plus side our future does look bright once the core players move on or retire.

Good someone with common sense that isn't some blinded canucks cheerleader that doesn't face the facts about what's wrong

with this team

I certainly agree that he wasn't looking for Reaves anymore...and it's clear why.

This. The whole myth about Kassian being some kind of beast that everybody in the NHL is afraid of is a pile of nonsense. But wait, he won a fight against Ben Eager a year or so ago!

This. The whole myth about Kassian being some kind of beast that everybody in the NHL is afraid of is a pile of nonsense. But wait, he won a fight against Ben Eager a year or so ago!

Kassian is definitely capable of handling himself and he's got guts. He fought bisonette, Stewart, clowe and held his own and he does provide deterrence. We have seen it in games vs la.....reaves is on another level however. It's a size mismatch first of all and secondly its reaves job. He's a policeman . If he didn't do what he does he'd be a bouncer at a night club.

Kassian is definitely capable of handling himself and he's got guts. He fought bisonette, Stewart, clowe and held his own and he does provide deterrence. We have seen it in games vs la.....reaves is on another level however. It's a size mismatch first of all and secondly its reaves job. He's a policeman . If he didn't do what he does he'd be a bouncer at a night club.

I don't know riff. He answers the bell, which is a good thing. But he's not an inherently tough guy. He's big, looks kinda nuts, is missing a tooth and has a beard. At CDC, the natural conclusion then is that he's a real badass. But he's not a natural as a tough guy....it's something he thinks is expected of him, so he tries.

I don't know riff. He answers the bell, which is a good thing. But he's not an inherently tough guy. He's big, looks kinda nuts, is missing a tooth and has a beard. At CDC, the natural conclusion then is that he's a real badass. But he's not a natural as a tough guy....it's something he thinks is expected of him, so he tries.

Pretty much what I'm saying....but the example of guys I mentioned are legit tough guys.....he's more of a deterrent to the likes of the nolans, roussels, etc of the league...which there are more of. And being that he plays more minutes than the goons, his deterrence is more effective imo. It's been noticeable that the sedins have been playing with more of an edge.

It's good to have a guy that helps the team play bigger and can provide offence.

I'm not kidding myself to think he can handle reaves, gazdic, Lucic et al.

Kassian didn't keep Kassian in check, Reaves and that atomic overhand right did.

Pretty easy to land "atomic right hand" when you launch yourself over the two linesmen that have the guy you hit pinned against the glass. I notice that Reaves didn't really make a move towards Kassian till he saw him wrapped up by the stripes, that is a real tough guy right there.

So you don't think that maybe he was spoken too about it being a close game, and not reacting? Or perhaps he is learning about picking the right time instead of reacting? Bottom line is he didn't think twice about jumping in for the Sedin's. But hey, let's be down on the guy.

Kass has done lot's in his career, not just in the NHL, to make people think twice about running players. More than just Ben Eager. Speaking of Ben Eager, where is he playing again?

Pretty easy to land "atomic right hand" when you launch yourself over the two linesmen that have the guy you hit pinned against the glass. I notice that Reaves didn't really make a move towards Kassian till he saw him wrapped up by the stripes, that is a real tough guy right there.

So you don't think that maybe he was spoken too about it being a close game, and not reacting? Or perhaps he is learning about picking the right time instead of reacting? Bottom line is he didn't think twice about jumping in for the Sedin's. But hey, let's be down on the guy.

Kass has done lot's in his career, not just in the NHL, to make people think twice about running players. More than just Ben Eager. Speaking of Ben Eager, where is he playing again?

I don't think anyone you are responding to is being down in Kassian.

You should YouTube reaves fights and ask yourself what happens in 9/10 Kassian vs reaves fights.

No, I don't think that. I think he wasn't interested in getting tattoo'd up again. Great for him to step into a scrum, but when a guy like Reaves comes calling, Kassian finds out he's in over his head in a big way. I'm not down on him; but it's just a reminder that he's certainly no heavyweight.

Once tagged by Reaves Kass didn't factor too much in the game and despite his so called deterrent effect I noticed that Backes pretty much ran over Slack Eddie to score a goal without anybody doing much. Needless to say if Kassian had tagged Reaves under similar circumstances all the Kassian worshippers would be going into rhapsodies about how badass and tough he is. Like the above posters say he IS game but he's no enforcer and his little scrum with Reaves effectively removed him from the game for over half a period.

Once tagged by Reaves Kass didn't factor too much in the game and despite his so called deterrent effect I noticed that Backes pretty much ran over Slack Eddie to score a goal without anybody doing much. Needless to say if Kassian had tagged Reaves under similar circumstances all the Kassian worshippers would be going into rhapsodies about how badass and tough he is. Like the above posters say he IS game but he's no enforcer and his little scrum with Reaves effectively removed him from the game for over half a period.

Have anything good to say about our team? Ever?

Archived