The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Blues @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

That's the life of a goaltender, welcome to our world, the other guy gets pulled, then our goalie blows a tire.

You lot have no idea, Goalie life is when every one is whooping it up and jerking each other off after a goal's scored, we're already thinking about the next sequence, short memory reigns supreme in Goalie world. We're frackin nuts, but you love it when we make those game savers hey? Eddie's good, he'll be fine, the cavalry is on the way.

I want MARKSTROM TO START A GOD DAM GAME. its ridiculous that markstrom has never started a game for us yet. Last year he watched lack get way over played and never got one start. I was really mad when he never got the start against buffalo. I understood why lack started today it was the right choice. But after lacks poor performance tonight MARKSTROM BETTER GET THE START NEXT GAME!!!

Lack is a very good backup. Nothing more. Markstrom is the guy with star potential and HES 6'6!!!

Take it easy...

Has Lack not beat every single good team in this league ?

We won against the #3 team in the conference.

Without:

Our starting goaltender.

Our top defensive pairing.

2 out of our top 9 forwards.

We also went 3 for 3 in the shootout. Remember the AV days when no one could score in the shootout?

Cut

the

team

some

slack.

Take it easy...

Has Lack not beat every single good team in this league ?

Yes Lack can be great. But i mean come on a starter? No he is way to inconsistant to be a starter. Markstrom has to be giving a shot like come on. If i was markstrom id demand a trade if he is not given a shot to take lacks job this year. Just give him a start already!

I would agree they've been pretty good.....only disconcerting thing is Vey really getting bullied along the boards.

He shouldn't have been out there at that time nursing a one-goal lead. Willie needs to refine his game management a little.

Scary loosey goosey game....they will have to play better than the last 2 games if they want to make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

I can't say that I ever remember the Canucks going 3 straight goals in the SO! Wow....good job guys.

Good they got the points but the habit of coming out to start the game and not being ready to defend in your own end and having to come from behind is getting chronic. This pattern has been there for at least the past 3 seasons. It is as if they are not ready to match the intensity of the opposition and either give up a goal or two or have to take a penalty at the start of the game. This surely can't feel good to the starting goalie. It can't be the coaching because the same happened when AV was here.

Blues always hanging on to Canuck sticks trying to get a hooking call. Might as well just take marchand style dives, it's just as embarrassing.

Yes I know they made an impressive comeback, but I think there are still issues with that team that will prevent them from getting past the Hawks.

When did the CANUCKS become good at shootouts?

Also, HIGGINS PUT THE PUCK IN THE BACK OF THE NET

He's the best on the team now I believe @ 2 for 3. That could be reason enough to keep Higgy. Although that trick would not be useful in the playoffs. Strange how snake-bitten he is game time but a master SO sniper when needed.

Yea Blues came back.

Canucks came back from being down 2-0 too, why doesn't anyone mention that?

This whole game was crazy. Pounding on the Blues (once again) with 5, count em 5, unanswered goals. Then allowing the Blues to come back and snatch a point. Doesn't sit well. But over-all, coming back from 2 down for an overtime win against a team 10 points ahead in the Conference, with our depleted defense and top forward....ain't such a bad thing.

I thought the effort was there for the most part. Eddie let in a bad one to get them within a goal. And for that young D the adrenaline is wearing off and they are lookin dazed and confused. But this rag tag team is still stumbling its way into the playoffs..so far.

Yes Lack can be great. But i mean come on a starter? No he is way to inconsistant to be a starter. Markstrom has to be giving a shot like come on. If i was markstrom id demand a trade if he is not given a shot to take lacks job this year. Just give him a start already!

Yes Markstrom needs not just a start but a good few games. I was the biggest Lack non believer ever. Yet im still not convinced he cant be a starter

The blues are a tough skilled team. If you start the day knowing we got two points...you take it no complaints. They found a way to win. WD has these guys overachieving no matter how you slice it. Half our D and starting goalie is missing plus a couple of our best defensive forwards. We take two points and run like bandits.

The blues are a tough skilled team. If you start the day knowing we got two points...you take it no complaints. They found a way to win. WD has these guys overachieving no matter how you slice it. Half our D and starting goalie is missing plus a couple of our best defensive forwards. We take two points and run like bandits.

The Blues suck but yeah we played good

We won against the #3 team in the conference.

Without:

Our starting goaltender.

Our top defensive pairing.

2 out of our top 9 forwards.

We also went 3 for 3 in the shootout. Remember the AV days when no one could score in the shootout?

Cut

the

team

some

slack.

I didn't really have a problem when we were down 2-0 early, because I realized that we were just off of a roadtrip and we did not start the way we needed to.

Blowing a 5-2 lead with under 10 minutes left, that is a major issue.

Archived