The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Blues @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I also like heading into the post season with no expectations. No more cup or bust crap. Whatever they do will just be a bonus :)

i agree with this

this season is a success just by making the playoffs

what ever happens in the playoffs is all a bonus to this season

how many predicted the nucks would not make the playoffs

currently they are in 2nd place in their division with a 5 point lead on 3rd place

they are likely to end up in 2nd place at season's end

that is a good way to start the post season, home ice advantage

We won against the #3 team in the conference.

Without:

Our starting goaltender.

Our top defensive pairing.

2 out of our top 9 forwards.

We also went 3 for 3 in the shootout. Remember the AV days when no one could score in the shootout?

Cut

the

team

some

slack.

The fact we even won ,after 3 unanswered goals,and 2 goalposts in OT..is a miracle.

I don't trust the veterans in the playoffs, and hopefully Benning can see with what happen tonight and wake up! This team has done this way too many times this year, even with their healthy Defence and Miller too. It's a fragile team, so please Benning make some moves and stop falling love with the character eg personality's.

This is unacceptable and Benning should see this, hopefully.

That's why we are 25-1-2 when leading after 2.

If you call yourself a fan, what does that make someone like Deb? God?

I want MARKSTROM TO START A GOD DAM GAME. its ridiculous that markstrom has never started a game for us yet. Last year he watched lack get way over played and never got one start. I was really mad when he never got the start against buffalo. I understood why lack started today it was the right choice. But after lacks poor performance tonight MARKSTROM BETTER GET THE START NEXT GAME!!!

Lack is a very good backup. Nothing more. Markstrom is the guy with star potential and HES 6'6!!!

troll-meme-live-wallpaper-161770-1-s-307

Entertaining?

Frustrating more like it.

Yes, we won, but the Blues played LAST night, albeit against the Oilers but still, come on, we spotted the Blues 2 goals before we woke up, and then we blew a 3 goal lead in the third period.

In OT, it looked like we were playing for a tie - went into the Blues zone, controlled the play for 30 seconds, then skated out without a shot.

Brutal. That's not the entertainment I want to see.

You get what You pay for ....

Wins a win. This team much like past teams need to learn to play a full 60 minutes regardless of score.

10 goals against the last two games for lack ouch. I was hoping he'd improved from last season at this time but so far hasn't proven anything except were very lucky to have gotten miller. Oh well Just keep winning even if there ugly

one thing that's been a constant since I started following this team over 25 years ago they never do anything the easy way and some of my grey hair is there fault.

Lack probably wants a couple of those goals back but I don't think you can fault him. In Buffalo, the whole team took the night off. They didn't hardly block any shots and they didn't remember how to hit. Tonight, the team came out and didn't match the intensity of the other team. They did have a good night in the hitting department though so that was a huge improvement plus they scored a whack of goals. Once they were up 5-2, more than a few guys started coasting out there and the next thing you know, you are going to OT. If you leave the goalie high and dry, he will stop some but sooner or later, it will bite you.

How the f*** does the Backes cross check on Vey go uncalled? And that sucker punch on Kass by Reeves what a joke by the refs. WTF did Zack do to get the 10 min? Reeves should've been tossed for that. Cant stand that fat goof Hitchcock either, just the sight of his fat face makes me wanna puke. I bet even his bath tub has stretch marks

How the f*** does the Backes cross check on Vey go uncalled? And that sucker punch on Kass by Reeves what a joke by the refs. WTF did Zack do to get the 10 min? Reeves should've been tossed for that. Cant stand that fat goof Hitchcock either, just the sight of his fat face makes me wanna puke. I bet even his bath tub has stretch marks

Ok....you made me chuckle...all kidding aside if we met them in the playoffs you know they're strategy will be to thug it up with us.

THE CANUCKS HAVE BLOWN GAMES THIS YEAR EVEN WITH A HEALTHY TEAM.

THEY'VE BEEN WEAK MINDED EVER SINCE THE JAN. 7TH 2012 GAME AGAINST THE BRUINS

NOT ACCEPTABLE AND WILL JUST RESULT IN ANOTHER QUICK PLAYOFF LOSS

Dude, YOUR FREAKING CAPS LOCK IS ON and your brain is off. Do SOMETHING.

HIGGY

so glad he ended it. Got the 2 points... Loving that second place cushion . This team should get near 102 points and get 2nd.

Beat LA round 1

Beat jets or ducks round 2

Beat preds round 3

Sweep whoever

Sure is a lot of ungrateful loudmouthed jerks on these forums.

Relax.... we won, and we did that when we are completely beat up and playing with 2nd and 3rd string players.

Think positive... Here's the good news:

Rockin' Ronny had another absolute jewel of a game.

Vrby shows us he is really in a class by himself when it comes to shootouts and handling the puck.

Henrik gets his 899th point.

Mattias continues to show improvement in confidence and scoring touch.

Hamhuis is playing better than any other time in the season, and he's doing that for 25 minutes a game.

Bo is getting 2-3 quality scoring chances a game... he's gonna start finishing those VERY soon.

Hansen continues to play hard and score the goals when he needs to.

Higgins may not be scoring goals in regulation, but he is putting points on the board, he is #4 in scoring on the team... and his defensive play is excellent.

Eddie Lack is winning games... and you gotta love that grin on his face even when he's up against it... he loves to play.

Canucks would have won this game 9-0 if it was officiated fairly. The nhl is the biggest joke out there. It's a shame my favourite team plays in the disgustingly fixed league.

Canucks are FOR REAL.

Archived