The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

I believe he's referring only to a PGT not necessarily any random thread on CDC

haha no doubt. Even then I'm pretty sure the record would be the luongo thread that was so long it had to be split into 3 or 4 threads. Definitely not burrows.

As far as pgt I'd wager it would be the game 7 scf pgt

haha no doubt. Even then I'm pretty sure the record would be the luongo thread that was so long it had to be split into 3 or 4 threads. Definitely not burrows.

As far as pgt I'd wager it would be the game 7 scf pgt

Do you know the link to the SCF PGT? I'm just curious of how we acted back then.

At this point, I've ( and many others) have seen so many games the past few years that involve awful reffing, that I kind of just accept it and I think the Canucks do too which is great because they don't let terrible calls get to their head. And to be fair I've seen the Canucks get away with a lot of penalties as well.

Anytime there is a game with bad reffing, I just compare it to Game 6 vs Chicago in 2011 and remember there is no way it can be worse than that game.

Game 6 Boston was worse. If you watch the game again you don't even need to be a Homer to see it that game ; it's so blatant.

If you ever feel like a game was unfairly called watch that game (game 6 2011 against Boston) and I almost guarantee you will change your mind.

The Reffing tonight was a walk in the park compared to then.

Is it just me, or ever since they went with a two ref system the officiating has gone downhill. I'm not even seeing more protection for players. Maybe they should go back to one ref.

Someone must have thought it'd now be twice as easy to place a fixed or biased point-of-view into a game, where needed...and I'd say that's been proving itself out.

Of all of the home-records in the NHL...the ones who have vastly disproportionately-high winning records at home vs away,...are LA, BOS, NASH, TOR, TAMPA, and PHI. Coincidence,.. or by design?

If Burrows does get a suspension which I think inevitably will happen because the NHL is bunch of BS

Do we call up someone?

D.Sedin-H.Sedin_____

Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata

Matthias-Vey-Dorsett

Kenins-Horvat-Hansen

Do we move Vrbata up there despite showing good stuff away from the twins 5 on 5? It does limit our secondary scoring but maybe he could be what sparks the twins back to life.

Do we move Hansen up there as he has shown to be able to move up but do we really want to separate that amazing Horvat line?

Do we really want Macmillan in the lineup, and if so do we miss with the chemistry that is already building on several of the lines?

Me prays that Burrows isn't out long.

NHL refs have a tough job but in this game the refs made it look like their job was to make the Canucks lose. I've never seen a team dive and embellish so many times in a single game like the Predators did tonight. To make it even worse, the refs seemed to happily take the bait at every opportunity to put the Canucks shorthanded.

The penalty on Burrows was a joke. At most that was a 2 minute minor for interference and nothing more. If he gets a suspension then it's clear there is absolutely a bias against Canucks players. I still get angry thinking about the Rome suspension but the NHL doesn't seem satisfied and keeps piling on BS "discipline" while letting much worse infractions against the Canucks go unpunished.

Despite the garbage calls from the refs, Vancouver showed incredible determination on the PK to even get the single point. To battle as hard as they did and actually come away with the win should give them a huge boost of confidence. This team has proven they do not pack it in when they fall behind or things aren't going well early in the game. Tonight they dug deep to not only beat the Predators but also the zebras.

Radim Vrbata is the unquestioned MVP of the Canucks but is now making a case for being a Hart Trophy candidate. Without the Czech hitman in their lineup, Vancouver wouldn't be anywhere near a playoff spot let alone second in the Pacific Division. No matter who he plays with or how much icetime he gets, the guy just keeps producing at clutch moments and carrying this team offensively.

Eddie Lack may have let in some iffy goals tonight but he came through when it mattered the most. He was excellent during the major penalty kill and shootout and a big part of the win. These are the kinds of games which show if a goalie has the mental strength to be a starter in the NHL. Despite not looking sharp early on, he regained his focus and made some massive saves at key times. He's all smiles and giggles off the ice but this kid is a fierce competitor in the crease.

Obvious game management but unfortunately, the problem is league wide incompetence by the refs. There is no consistency one minute to the nexgt let alone game to game.

If you get a chance look at the video of Byfuglien's crosscheck on the neck of a Ranger player tonight. COuld have broken his neck with one of the most vicious assaults I've seen in awhile...n o penalty. Burrows barely hits a guy and gets 5 and a game. The league does not appear to have any plan or guidance on how to call a proper game.

I blame it on the game management mentality and need to sell hockey in non-hockey markets. As soon as you allow refs to vary calls based on situation, team etc, you undermine the credibility and end up with the mess the league now is.

this

Do you know the link to the SCF PGT? I'm just curious of how we acted back then.

no idea but I don't want to go back to that dark place. Would be a huge pile of disappointment, not only for being shutout but for trashing the city.

Great win. Coming back after being down 2-0, on the second of back to backs on the road against 2 tough teams and battling through a multitude of penalties shows a lot of character. There's been a lot of all around good play as a team with lots of guys stepping up, but 2 guys that really stand out and deserve mention are Vrbata and Lack. Huge credit to Vrbata. He's contributed enormously and has been a big factor throughout the season. Earning every penny of his contract.

Lack too has been just sensational. Losing our main goalie at the time we did just before the final stretch could have spelled doom for the team if we didn't have a back up of Lack's calibre. He hasn't just done a great job filling in, he's been so phenomenal I'm wondering if we're better off with him as Number one. Really happy with these guys.

This opinion may be very unpopular here but I will say it anyway cause I feel its important to be unbiased.

Toffoli hit Burrows and he lays down for a while and clearly appears injured. The Canucks then get a 5 minute powerplay while Burrows is injured and score a key goal which ended up being the game winner.

Burrows then comes back on the ice later and all of a sudden he looks fine. I know that Burrows didn't dive but to anyone else like outside referees that seems kind of like a dive.

Today the roles were reversed and luckily we came out on top.

This will only be unfair if burrows gets suspended. If he does than everyone crying foul today has reason.

Yeah its funny how time tends to heal injuries eh. Your point makes literally zero sense, unless Im missing something here.

I think Burrows was definitely attempting to hit Gaustad. He saw him and I think his intention was to make the contact look accidental. I don't think he expected to Gaustad to turn his head into him at that exact moment. I don't think Burrows was targeting his head but he did try and hit him for no reason and the end result was a hit to the head.

It also was not a dive and Gaustad did not embellish it. Gaustad clearly got hit on the side of the head by Burrows shoulder and he did not return to the game. He probably had to go through the concussion protocol.

Burrows obviously isn't liked around the league and I am sure he will be suspended. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 games. Would that be fair? Probably not but his rep makes it worse. Honestly, knowing his history my fear is that the league may even stretch his suspension into the playoffs.

Archived