The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV - Coach of the Year

Pete M

Either that or you cant read. Read it again my friend lol

You seriously think that any team, makes it to the finals, with out any bumps or bruises ? lol really ?

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder what Boston was dealing with ? :picard:

What we had to deal with is the equivalent of Boston having serious injuries to Chara, Siedenburg, Bergeron, Krecji, Kelly, Marchand and the rest of their d core.

As we all know that wasn't the case.

Oh and I seem to remember you saying Kesler never scored in the finals ?

LOL watch the freakin games again buddy !

Edit: OK I will eat some more crow!

It must have been a regular season clip that I watched cause I tried to find it and I couldn't. I concede that Kesler never scored but he did have at least 1 assist and still skated pretty damn well given his injury which is essentially the point I was getting at.

So you think I made up this article which I based my post off of....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=566315

You think I made of the fact Kesler had no goals after his injury in game 5 of the finals which you say he did have.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470616&view=log&season=20102011

Kind of ironic that you tell us not to change the facts when you're the one doing it.

Edit: See above post

Im not the one making crap up.

Ok so your basing your argument off some faulty articles. Ok. Ill let you off for that but....

Watch the games again and then come back and post.

If you consider official articles on the injuries to be faulty and rely on memories of games played four years ago all I can say is you are beyond our help.

Oh so now Im a troll because I don't want to make love to AV lol OK LOL

Not saying your a troll cause you dislike AV. I'm saying your a troll because your changing the facts (like saying kesler scored in the finals when he didn't and saying Kesler, Hamhuis and Samuelson were our only injured players at the start of the finals) and your changing them despite my articles proving otherwise.

Anyways, confirmed troll.

Watch the freakin games for crying out loud. even though I know you wont lol cause that wouldn't support your homeristic argument.

Obviously there is no cure for your homeristic memory either.

Im done. Im just gonna go beat my head against a brick wall now. That should be less painful then trying to grasp the lack of intelligence in your arguments.

What we had to deal with is the equivalent of Boston having serious injuries to Chara, Siedenburg, Bergeron, Krecji, Kelly, Marchand and the rest of their d core.

As we all know that wasn't the case.

Nice Edit there buddy lol

I will respond with: lol

And who won the Stanley Cup ? Vancouver ? LMAO

Guest Dasein

WD.

There you are.

After the previous season we had AND the injuries to most of our team this year (including our No 1 goal tender) we have got to the playoffs while playing in the toughest division in the League. All that from a rookie coach, with transitioning team and a rookie GM and President.

Hell yeah I say WD.

Homer

There you are

First of all, that title belongs to the central division

Second of all, having a rookie GM and President has nothing to do with WD's coaching abilities, and I guess you don't really follow the league if you think our injury problems were unique

NYR lost Stepan (1C), McDonagh (1D), Lundqvist (1G), Boyle and Klein for an extended period of time (10+ games) and still managed to finish #1 in the league (of course, they had other short term injuries to key players as well at times)

Malhotras eye ......... Really ??? what does that have to do with anything ?

Samuelson and Kesler are the only ones relevant to game 1 of the 2011 SC finals.

And as said before if Kesler could perform like he did what excuse does anyone else have ?

Everything else listed you can thank the Boston Bruins for !

Canucks got up to a 2-0 series lead in the finals. Boston won the next 2 games. Vancouver won the next, Boston won the next 2.

Hamhuis was injured during game 1, Canucks managed to hold on to win game 2. By game 3 and 4 however the defence was worn down. Boston's first win came in the game that Rome (who wasn't an allstar by any stretch, but was playing phenomenally well) was suspended. The next game the Canucks were without 2 of their regular defencemen. Canucks barely won game 5, game 6 Raymond was injured and game 7 the team was plain depleted.

The turning of the tide was game 3, the Rome hit drew a heightened response from the the Bruins that the Canucks simply couldn't match, typical skill vs brawn.

The Bruins won the cup because of a combination of stifling defence, red hot goaltender and a propensity for and a superior ability to play a heavy, physical game.

The Canucks have not been a "heavy" team since... I really can't remember when. Certainly not since the mid 90's. It's been decade after decade of skill and finesse, and hopefully, finally we're transitioning to a hard blue collar game with skill mixed in. Horvat, Kenins, Dorsett, Baertschi, Virtanen, Cassels, Sbisa, all have elements of both skill and willingness to finish checks and take the body.

I've already conceded more of my life to you than I'm quite comfortable with, happy trolling.

Watch the freakin games for crying out loud. even though I know you wont lol cause that wouldn't support your homeristic argument.

Obviously there is no cure for your homeristic memory either.

Im done. Im just gonna go beat my head against a brick wall now. That should be less painful then trying to grasp the lack of intelligence in your arguments.

We all watched the games, slick. You're the only one who's trying to re-write history.

We all get the fact that you have a hate on for AV, but it's completely obvious to those of us with a long history in the game that you haven't the faintest idea of what it takes to be an effective NHL coach.

Hmm... It's a tough one between Hartley and AV. Both have done great things for their teams. Hartley turned a bottom feeder into a playoff team and AV turned a middle-of-the-pack club into the cream of the crop.

Didn't The Rangers always have the personnel? Even when Torts was coach Rangers were #1 in the East during the 2011/2012 season.

If anything I think Peter Laviolette, they were a mediocre team for two seasons missing the playoffs and now they are one of the top teams in the conference.

WD has got to be in the running for coach of the year, we finished 25th last year. We also improved by a number of points despite a huge amount of games lost to injury, of key players. Yes we have quality personnel, but look at the season we had last year, look at the changed that happened. All handled by a rookie coach, under rookie management.

Canucks got up to a 2-0 series lead in the finals. Boston won the next 2 games. Vancouver won the next, Boston won the next 2.

Hamhuis was injured during game 1, Canucks managed to hold on to win game 2. By game 3 and 4 however the defence was worn down. Boston's first win came in the game that Rome (who wasn't an allstar by any stretch, but was playing phenomenally well) was suspended. The next game the Canucks were without 2 of their regular defencemen. Canucks barely won game 5, game 6 Raymond was injured and game 7 the team was plain depleted.

The turning of the tide was game 3, the Rome hit drew a heightened response from the the Bruins that the Canucks simply couldn't match, typical skill vs brawn.

The Bruins won the cup because of a combination of stifling defence, red hot goaltender and a propensity for and a superior ability to play a heavy, physical game.

The Canucks have not been a "heavy" team since... I really can't remember when. Certainly not since the mid 90's. It's been decade after decade of skill and finesse, and hopefully, finally we're transitioning to a hard blue collar game with skill mixed in. Horvat, Kenins, Dorsett, Baertschi, Virtanen, Cassels, Sbisa, all have elements of both skill and willingness to finish checks and take the body.

I've already conceded more of my life to you than I'm quite comfortable with, happy trolling.

Wasting your time repeating what I have said, except for the rubbish about decade after decade of nothing but skill and finesse, is your own problem.

Happy trolling to you too, my friend :)

If you consider official articles on the injuries to be faulty and rely on memories of games played four years ago all I can say is you are beyond our help.

Not saying your a troll cause you dislike AV. I'm saying your a troll because your changing the facts (like saying kesler scored in the finals when he didn't and saying Kesler, Hamhuis and Samuelson were our only injured players at the start of the finals) and your changing them despite my articles proving otherwise.

Anyways, confirmed troll.

I never said Hamuis was injured entering game 1. Hamuis WAS injured in game 1 by none other than, the Boston Bruins.

Which is what I have said all along that AVs style of coaching doesn't win Championships, because big bad physical teams like 2011 Bostons and 2012,2014 LAs just steam roll teams that rely on pure offence.

The only things said in your articles, is that, Kesler never scored a goal in the finals which I have conceded to, and that Erhoff suffered some kind of shoulder injury in game 5 against San Jose, that never required any serious type of treatment. WE IN THE REAL WORLD CALL THAT A BRUISE, and Higgins again suffered a foot BRUISE against Nashville.

Then there is Henrik Sedin actually denying the claim that you make here and on other spurious posts referring to Hank as having a serious back injury lol. Hank also goes on to say it just like I have been saying it, that, and I quote "everyone goes through the same thing" and "that's the way it is in the playoffs"

Yes everyone gets bumps and bruises in the playoffs, including your 2011 Boston Bruins.

So I guess according to your own referenced articles you are the TROLL here! Trying to turn a mole hill of bumps and bruises into a mountain of serious injuries.

How ever I don't for one minute dispute the fact that by the end of our series against the Bruins we were one beat up bunch. And that's the whole point my friend.

So happy Trolling to you too my friend :)

Archived