The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruins fire Chiarelli

goalie13

Bruins lose Benning, miss playoffs

Canucks get Benning, make playoffs

Coincidence?

On the Bruins side I doubt Benning's influence as assistant GM would have been sufficient to have the Bruins drop out of the playoffs suddenly.

Wow, I'm a little surprised, but maybe the Seguin trade and not re-signing Iggy (they defiantly could have used his 29 goals) pissed off the brass just enough!

My understanding was that the Bruins wanted to sign Iginla but had cap problems that ruled it out, so if the Bruins are holding that against Chiarelli it is for being in the cap situation he was in that meant he couldn't re-sign Iginla, not making a choice to not re-sign him.

Guest Dasein

Nice. Miss the playoffs 1 year and you take out your GM. Too bad they don't have let's say JB stepping up for them eh? B)

Sounds like something we did a year ago

Bruins lose Benning, miss playoffs

Canucks get Benning, make playoffs

Coincidence?

Yes.

The Bruins players shot themselves in the foot. The players have nobody to blame but themselves. Firing Chiarelli is a dumb move by a newbie CEO.

Neely's going to run that team into the ground, he's too much of a hot head to be in charge.

It looks like Boston's got their own version of Meddling Ed Snider in Jacobs, though, so this could have just as easily come from him.

Either way, it's never a good thing when NHL ownership starts thinking they're "hockey guys".

The Seguin trade hate misses the fact that the team lacked depth, something they didn't even have enough of this year with Reilly Smith and Loui Eriksson. Their D needs an overhaul and Morrow will step in next year. They didn't even have cap space for Boychuck.

They wouldn't have been better this tear for not making that trade IMO.

Man...the NHL is a tough business. He's had a lot of success to not allow him a mulligan.

Now I'm curious....he is still technically under contract, correct? Will a team be required to give up compensation to hire him as per the new rules?

I don't think that applies after someone has been fired.

Archived