The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDF: (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs (4) Minnesota Wild

Who will win the series?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Huge pressure on Quenneville to win this year. If he doesn't win another Cup i predict he'll be fired.

Look for Mike Babcock in Chicago next year.

Don't think it will happen but good god that would be SCARY

Huge pressure on Quenneville to win this year. If he doesn't win another Cup i predict he'll be fired.

Look for Mike Babcock in Chicago next year.

Nonsense, Quenneville isn't the problem. Salary cap is. Stan Bowman's got it covered. Quenneville is like Gunny Highway.

"Improvise! Adapt! Overcome!"

Nonsense, Quenneville isn't the problem. Salary cap is. Stan Bowman's got it covered. Quenneville is like Gunny Highway.

Use that quote all the time, Heartbreak Ridge.

So I go and shoot my mouth off about Minny being too good defensively to lose and Devan Dubnyk wakes up thinking he's back in Edmonton... Not only that, but Ryan Suter looks like Shane O'Brien all game long.

The only thing that gave the Wild hope was that on this Voodoo, or whatever night, Duncan Keith spent the entire game channeling his inner Chris Campoli...

How was the salary cap a problem for Chicago last year when they lost to the Kings in the playoffs. How has the cap been a problem this year? They've had a stacked team over the past 2 seasons.

The fact is mgmt expected this team to win last year as they do this year. If Chicago doesn't win the Cup this year again Q will probably be fired. Particularly if the best coach in hockey by a country mile is available.

Your Clint Eastwood quote may work for motivating army recruits but this is a pro hockey team that is expected to win it all. If that doesn't happen 2 years in a row changes have to be made. Good coaches are let go all the time.

How was the salary cap a problem for Chicago last year when they lost to the Kings in the playoffs. How has the cap been a problem this year? They've had a stacked team over the past 2 seasons.

The fact is mgmt expected this team to win last year as they do this year. If Chicago doesn't win the Cup this year again Q will probably be fired. Particularly if the best coach in hockey by a country mile is available.

Your Clint Eastwood quote may work for motivating army recruits but this is a pro hockey team that is expected to win it all. If that doesn't happen 2 years in a row changes have to be made. Good coaches are let go all the time.

They lost in 7 games last year to a team that was just as good as they were. Hardly the coach's fault.

If they lose this year it would almost certainly have more to do with poor goaltending than it would coaching. Chances of Q being fired are very slim I'd say.

Hard to keep a stacked team when you're up against the cap. Babcock has only one cup as a coach, Coach Q has won two.

I use that quote because it reminds me of his coaching style. Unlike AV who has one plan and won't deviate, Coach Q will change his strategy when needed. The Boston finals proves this. He at first was playing Boston's style. When he found that wasn't effective, he changed to what works best for Chicago, and they won a cup. If he wasn't fired for two first round exits, why would you fire him now?

Like I said, it's not the coaches fault if they don't win. He's not the problem.

Archived