The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

May 28-29 2015 Earthquake predicted for west coast

Squamfan

Just in case anyone takes this seriously, ask yourself: When was the last time anyone correctly predicted an earthquake?

A: Never. So why would anyone believe that planetary alignment is connected?

FYI. The best theory that science has come with? Toads. Seriously. I'm not joking. That's the level of our ability to predict earthquakes.

I don't subscribe to the planetary alignment theories bandied about so frequently. gravitational anomalies have always had funny effects on things in the solar system.

As such everyone. Seriously, would it be Soooooo horibly difficult to have a pre charged cell battery and 4 days of food and water plus an escape plan?

The 1 in 398,985,231.5 chance it happens....might not be so bad to be ready for a basic camping trip ya know.

I don't subscribe to the planetary alignment theories bandied about so frequently. gravitational anomalies have always had funny effects on things in the solar system.

As such everyone. Seriously, would it be Soooooo horibly difficult to have a pre charged cell battery and 4 days of food and water plus an escape plan?

The 1 in 398,985,231.5 chance it happens....might not be so bad to be ready for a basic camping trip ya know.

For some reason, you don't sound as confident about this being false as you should be. Maybe, just maybeeeeeeeee, a teeny bit of you actually believes it to be true?

For some reason, you don't sound as confident about this being false as you should be. Maybe, just maybeeeeeeeee, a teeny bit of you actually believes it to be true?

I don't think he's saying its true (even a tiny bit) that this particular date is right... just that living close to a fault line it's not a bad idea to be prepared

Depending on where someone lives in Vancouver, escape during a disaster will pretty much be impossible by car. Motorcycling is better, if you have no family. But the ultimate would be by helicopter.

Also, what good would a cell battery do you if the lines are down or swamped with traffic?

I think any family would have 4 days of food by default. Filling up the tub takes up no time, so that's that. Depending on the level of disaster, virtually no preparation would be the same as preparing such as you said.

But if it's the apocalypse, I would recommend guns. Lots of guns.

I don't think he's saying its true (even a tiny bit) that this particular date is right... just that living close to a fault line it's not a bad idea to be prepared

alright so I don't live in Vancouver, and I'm a lazy bum and don't wanna google it. Is Vancouver pretty close to a fault line? I always assumed with my limited knowledge that it was only a small part of Vancouver Island which would be the most likely to receive a large earthquake. Just curious.

alright so I don't live in Vancouver, and I'm a lazy bum and don't wanna google it. Is Vancouver pretty close to a fault line? I always assumed with my limited knowledge that it was only a small part of Vancouver Island which would be the most likely to receive a large earthquake. Just curious.

Do you know how mountains are formed? Heard of the rocky mountains ? ;)

fig8a.jpg

Archived