The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

May 28-29 2015 Earthquake predicted for west coast

Squamfan

Why would planetary alignments affect only the west coast? Would it not affect the planet? Or do those other planets have a beef with just the west coast?

Also, wasn't there another one of these alignments just a short while ago? Why is this one any different?

Also, don't these sciencetists realize that the impact of planetary alignments is so close to nothing that it may as well be absolutely nothing? Reason being that planets in our solar system are so far away from each other?

I hope these people don't get paid.

Uranus and Neptune are jealous of our balmy winters. B)

Like many have already pointed out, we can't predict earthquakes. If we could, an awful lot of lives could have been saved in places like Nepal, Chile and Japan.

But hey, if you live near a fault line like many of us do, it never hurts to be prepared. I've got my surfboard ready! ;)

Who remembers the Rapture or whatever in 2011 that was supposed to happen?

Rapture 2011, Mayan Apocalypse 2012, Dec 31, 1999, Y2K. And we're still here.

Humans might perish, but the Earth will remain for a few billion years yet.

The only way we get wiped out in a big event is a comet or asteroid.

We will probably wind up fighting for food, and resources, wallowing in our own waste, and we'll collapse into a dark age.

The Earth can't sustain this many humans. And at the rate we're destroying our planet, we're just rushing faster into a brick wall.

We will probably wind up fighting for food, and resources, wallowing in our own waste, and we'll collapse into a dark age.

The Earth can't sustain this many humans. And at the rate we're destroying our planet, we're just rushing faster into a brick wall.

That brick wall is getting extremely close IMHO...

Oct 12, 2017 will be the next possibility:

Asteroid 2012 TC4 is set to whizz dangerously close to our planet for the second time after the space rock narrowly missed Earth in October 2012.

Astronomers estimate 2012 TC4 could be as large as 40m wide - just under the height of New York's famous Statue of Liberty from her feet to the tip of the torch.

This is twice the size of the meteor that exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk in February 2013, which injured 1,500 people and damaged more than 7,000 buildings.

The impact of the larger 2012 TC4 asteroid, predicted to near Earth on October 12 2017, could be even more devastating.

And, worryingly, experts cannot yet predict where in the world it will strike.

Dr Judit Györgyey-Ries, astronomer at the University of Texas' McDonald Observatory, told space blog astrowatch.net: "We could see an airburst maybe broken windows, depending on where it hits."

The giant asteroid was discovered on October 4, 2012 by a Hawaiian observatory and a week later narrowly missed Earth when it passed 94,800km away.

Detlef Koschny, head of the near-earth object segment at the European Space Agency, said: "There is a one in a million chance that it could hit us.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/570239/Asteroid-collision-course-earth

That was supposed to be my wife's due date. I truly believe that when my boys arrived early, they saved the entire planet from the apocalypse.

You're welcome world.

That day was also my 15th birthday, and the day my friend got his Novice 1 driver's license (can drive alone with one non-family passenger).

Oct 12, 2017 will be the next possibility:

Asteroid 2012 TC4 is set to whizz dangerously close to our planet for the second time after the space rock narrowly missed Earth in October 2012.

Astronomers estimate 2012 TC4 could be as large as 40m wide - just under the height of New York's famous Statue of Liberty from her feet to the tip of the torch.

This is twice the size of the meteor that exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk in February 2013, which injured 1,500 people and damaged more than 7,000 buildings.

The impact of the larger 2012 TC4 asteroid, predicted to near Earth on October 12 2017, could be even more devastating.

And, worryingly, experts cannot yet predict where in the world it will strike.

Dr Judit Györgyey-Ries, astronomer at the University of Texas' McDonald Observatory, told space blog astrowatch.net: "We could see an airburst maybe broken windows, depending on where it hits."

The giant asteroid was discovered on October 4, 2012 by a Hawaiian observatory and a week later narrowly missed Earth when it passed 94,800km away.

Detlef Koschny, head of the near-earth object segment at the European Space Agency, said: "There is a one in a million chance that it could hit us.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/570239/Asteroid-collision-course-earth

Wormwood? :P

Have to call this a little ominous...

Apparently, over the last seven days there have been NINETY SEVEN quakes worldwide, registering 4.5 or higher. Additionally, volcanic activity seems to be perpetually popping up in the news, as of late.

Got this headline at a social/eco-site, Seemorerocks.com.

Have to think this had a little something to do with the prediction: http://dutchsinse.com/5222015-erupting-volcano-earthquakes-off-west-coast-of-oregon-whole-coast-moved-over-48-hours/

5/22/2015 WHOLE WEST COAST MOVED OVER 48 HOURS OREGON EARTHQUAKE NEAR ERUPTING VOLCANO

Over the past 48 hours the whole of the West coast of the United States has moved on at least a 4.0 magnitude level or greater.

Currently, another mid-4.0 magnitude (4.2 M) earthquake has struck the West coast, off the shores of Oregon, near the Axial undersea volcano (which is currently erupting).

This is a huge development to see, please pay close attention to the regional seismic activity over the next week (currently May 22 2015).

48-hours-4.0m-and-greater-earthquakes-ma

This new West coast earthquake activity is expected, but unwelcome.

See the earthquake forecast for the West coast of the United States here (issued May 21 2015):

http://youtu.be/tti4jIW-fk4

*read the rest of the article in the link provided at the top*

Doubt it will. I've got a feeling that mad stuff's gonna start happening within the next couple years here.

its a common thing to go through that phase. It doesn't mean mad stuff's gonna happen. Its just a thing that some brains do. Doomsaying for some reason just takes hold of some people.

its a common thing to go through that phase. It doesn't mean mad stuff's gonna happen. Its just a thing that some brains do. Doomsaying for some reason just takes hold of some people.

Signs of the times, my friend.

Archived