The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks easter eggs on TV/films

Crimson-JH

Dec2811_HIMYM1_biggy.jpg

There's at least three times Robin wears a Canucks jersey in HIMYM.

I dont watch the show but theres a episode where she goes to a canucks/rangers game when i was flipping thru the channels. That was the same day the nucks played the rangers... my mind was blown. I have yet recovered all the pieces.

There's a reference to them in Corner Gas when Hank mentions he's a Canucks fan but got a Bruins thing, I'm pretty sure this was shot before they played in the Finals too lol. This is probably because Brent Butt is a Canucks fan :P

I remember in 2011, we were on that Sports show...TSN I think.

I dont watch the show but theres a episode where she goes to a canucks/rangers game when i was flipping thru the channels. That was the same day the nucks played the rangers... my mind was blown. I have yet recovered all the pieces.

She met Mason Raymond after the game.

Haha shucks, was about to post that picture... The actor who plays Robyn (Cobie Smulders) is from Vancouver and is actually Canucks fan

Prior to living in Vancouver, she's originally from Smithers, that's why she has a reference to Smithers in one episode.

I can't remember which episode it was, but one of the Simpsons' episodes has Homer watching a hockey game and Homer yells "Oh no! Stop him Babongo!"

Crap, now I really want to find the episode. I may or may not be back depending on how sidetracked I get on the internet

There's a reference to them in Corner Gas when Hank mentions he's a Canucks fan but got a Bruins thing, I'm pretty sure this was shot before they played in the Finals too lol. This is probably because Brent Butt is a Canucks fan :P

I remember in 2011, we were on that Sports show...TSN I think.

I think the guy who plays Hank is from Vancouver too...

Mallrats - 1995

A scene with Jason Lee and Shannon Doherty:

What the hell are you doing?
Finishing my game.
No, no, no. You promised me breakfast.
Breakfast?
Breakfast, schmrekfest. Look at the score.
I'm only in the middle of the second and I'm winning 12 to 2.
Breakfasts come and go, Rene.
Now, Hartford, the Whale?
Hey, they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

@ the 50 secons mark:

From IMDB:

The NHL hockey game that The Ghost watches (or pretends to watch) on the TV in the hotel bar is between the Vancouver Canucks and St. Louis Blues on January 23, 2008. The voice of announcer Jim Hughson can clearly be heard on the CBC broadcast, naming such Canuck players as Markus Näslund, Mattias Öhlund, Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin.

Archived