The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Consensus Feeling around CDC

Gstank29

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SO it's about 3 weeks from the draft which is about the time trade rumours start popping up. Now we all know that Utica is going to the Calder Cup finals which would indicate that we have a bunch of young players who will be on the cusp of playing for the Canucks in the next 2 or 3 seasons. Personally I feel that the goal next year should be more on developing our future core and shedding excess weight as opposed to making the playoffs. I also believe to do this correctly we need to have a balance of veterans and young players in order for these players to develop into the type of players who know they are going to have to earn every minute of ice time they get. Something that hasn't been thrown around a lot is the idea of dealing off players like Elder who aren't young enough to be a part of the "next core" but are not old enough to be part of the veterans who sails into the sunset with the "old core"

Players I would deem as Veteran who should stay around

Dorsett

Sedins (obviously)

Bieska (yes Bieska, I wonder if he will accept being a 7th defenceman next year)

Miller (good mentor for young goalies)

Hamhuis

Young Core (on the team next year)

Horvat

Virtanen (personally I believe he will be on the team, brings the type of game the Canucks lack)

Baertschi

Corrado (might be expendable)

Clendening

Tanev

Bonino(??)

Kassian(??)

Markstrom(Time will tell)

Sbisa (???)

Kenins (??)

Player who could be Traded

Higgins

Lack

Hansen

Burrows

Vey

Edler (???)

Bonino (???)

Miller

Markstrom

Kassian

Vrbata

Sbisa

Kenins

So IF the right offers(A bit above Market value) come around to we trade some of these players? Keep them? Or maybe try and replace them with younger options who are NHL proven IE Edler for someone in there mid twenties.

Don't know if this is considered a redunant thread.

Next years lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Burrows-Santorelli-Virtanen

Dorsett-Richardson-Hansen

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Corrado

Sbisa-Bieksa

Lack Miller

2016-2017

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Shinkaruk-Cassels-Burrows

Dorsett-Gaunce-Grenier

Edler-Clendening

Sbisa-Tanev

Hutton-Corrado

Next years lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Burrows-Santorelli-Virtanen

Dorsett-Richardson-Hansen

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Corrado

Sbisa-Bieksa

Lack Miller

2016-2017

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Shinkaruk-Cassels-Burrows

Dorsett-Gaunce-Grenier

Edler-Clendening

Sbisa-Tanev

Hutton-Corrado

Where's Bonino?

I agree with your assessment, except Edler (I don't even think he's 30 yet), Kassian (he was so close, but then he got injured for the season), Miller (you listed him as trade bait and a veteran who should stay), and at least for this year Hansen (we need speed) should all stay. Maybe Burrows too, considering his leadership and work ethic.

However, not everyone you said should be traded, because that would be chaotic.

I agree with you, but I don't think it will happen right off the bat. I think we follow a trajectory not close, but similar to our '13-'14 season where we have a hot start then fall off the map. This slippage will probably lead to deadline dealings of Bonino/Vrbata/Vey/Hansen and letting youth fill in the remainder of the year for experience.

This isn't NHL 15 bud, the only players I see going (if they do) are bieksa, Matthias, Richardson, and one of lack/Miller.

You think I don't know that LOL. I said in the OP COULD be traded not HAVE to be traded

Miller, Bieksa, Sbisa, Vey, Matthias, Dorsett, McMillan.

Players posted above either are a waste of space or are overpaid.

Players that will actually get moved because Trader Jim likes to get his ass kicked in trades.

Hamhuis, Lack, Vrbata, one of Higgins or Hansen.

He will also sign the useless Shawn Matthias, and draft Bittner.

Players that will actually get moved because Trader Jim likes to get his ass kicked in trades.

You're in a negative mood today. I was getting worried that that neutral thing you had for a while was permanent

This isn't NHL 15 bud, the only players I see going (if they do) are bieksa, Matthias, Richardson, and one of lack/Miller.

I think might be fairer to say that for trades, there may be as many as three or four. It is hard to argue that your list are the only ones given the needs and offers of the other teams (I can just as easily see Kassian being traded).

What did we achieve over the past TWELVE MONTHS? (essentially, since TL, JB & WD were brought in)

-org distanced themselves from the MG regime. Established that our phone lines were working again(seems probable other GM's didn't want to do biz-rightly, or wrongly-with MG).

-Gave the core one more chance, post-Torts. None of us are privy to these things, but presumably mgt promised something like this to connect meaningfully with 'the core'.

-Got another yr of development(rather productive too) in for many of our emerging prospects. Not namin' names, but seems very few of them regressed.

-We seem to have finally gotten beyond the media-hatred/bashing, which mostly emanated from the east. Don't know if this is a significant/noteworthy point; but I suspect it's a bigger positive for the org than most would acknowledge.

-Moved on from most of the off-ice drama. Personally was really growing tired of this.

Posters might say none of this is relevant, & of course I'd counter the opposite. Suggesting here that these steps were basically required, & now mgt can get more aggressive in pursuing their chosen direction.

Hoping it revolves around an infusion of youth, size, character & skill.

Illusary.

Your poll options are horrible....

How about juice up in the off season for a cup run.

THE WINDOW HAS NOT CLOSED. NOT UNTIL THE TWINS RETIRE. People don't understand... They are not digressing. In my honest opinion this year was top 2 for Daniel and 3rd for hank. They'll lead us.

NUX FOR CUP 2016

Your poll options are horrible....

How about juice up in the off season for a cup run.

THE WINDOW HAS NOT CLOSED. NOT UNTIL THE TWINS RETIRE. People don't understand... They are not digressing. In my honest opinion this year was top 2 for Daniel and 3rd for hank. They'll lead us.

NUX FOR CUP 2016

Of course they are digressing, just not as fast as some would like to portray.

@ Apollo, You seem a sincere, diligent & outgoing sort- but why persist in encyclopedia selling when everyone just uses wiki?

You're preaching to a choir that can't maintain harmony.

I know... I know... =(

A preachers gotta preach though.

Of course they are digressing, just not as fast as some would like to portray.

Based on what? I didn't miss a game this year and they played their best overall game all year. Out of the playoff teams in the west Daniel was tied for first with points.

Daniel and Henrik are as good as ever and will lead us. Sedinery will plague the city. Ripples through the universe...

What did we achieve over the past TWELVE MONTHS? (essentially, since TL, JB & WD were brought in)

-Gave the core one more chance, post-Torts. None of us are privy to these things, but presumably mgt promised something like this to connect meaningfully with 'the core'.

Posters might say none of this is relevant, & of course I'd counter the opposite. Suggesting here that these steps were basically required, & now mgt can get more aggressive in pursuing their chosen direction.

Hoping it revolves around an infusion of youth, size, character & skill.

Yup, Benning gave them all a year of evaluation, now it's time to cull. For that reason and also because he's loaded up on prospects and players that can't all stay, I'm expecting a number of moves this off-season. Draft picks first, and possibly a young top-4 Dman from a package offering.

Archived