The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Resistance] - Game 1 - END - Feedback pls

Krazz

How about shedding light for us then?

I already said so.

Generally with skilled players how it usually plays out:

First round usually always passes regardless.

Second round you take the same players plus yourself.

Usually it fails then

Then people discuss who might be it from the 4 players. It's a lot narrower than just throwing together random teams and hoping you don't get a spy.

I already said so.

Usually it fails then

Then people discuss who might be it from the 4 players. It's a lot narrower than just throwing together random teams and hoping you don't get a spy.

:picard: Sounds so much like a spy wanting to sabotage 2 missions in a row.

Why the hell would we include the same 3 players on the 2nd mission as the one that got sabotaged.

Am I wrong in thinking that after that point we would have to have every mission succeed in order to win the game? (should this one also be sabotaged)

I am starting to understand Krazz's little blurb about the spies winning the majority of the games. Maybe I am missing something about this game this obvious to everyone else but I just don't see how we are going to root out the spies at this point.

Why the hell would we include the same 3 players on the 2nd mission as the one that got sabotaged.

Am I wrong in thinking that after that point we would have to have every mission succeed in order to win the game? (should this one also be sabotaged)

I am starting to understand Krazz's little blurb about the spies winning the majority of the games. Maybe I am missing something about this game this obvious to everyone else but I just don't see how we are going to root out the spies at this point.

I agree. Regardless of who is chosen, the chances of a spy getting on the mission is very high.

Lets say 1 spy is in the group of MB, Dral and JL. Then there are 3 spies in the group of everyone else (7 players). If only 1 spy was on the first mission I figure there's less than a 5% chance that the no spy is selected for the next mission if it's purely random (which it pretty much is). How are we even supposed to win this?

I didn't say include the 3 that failed. That's if the first mission passes. This is hard to explain.

You guys are all invited to my house and we can play a few rounds of avalon face to face and you will get it

I didn't say include the 3 that failed. That's if the first mission passes. This is hard to explain.

You guys are all invited to my house and we can play a few rounds of avalon face to face and you will get it

I'm already in the bushes outside of your bedroom window so I guess I could come in for a game.

It's hard, but it's not undoable. When you are Resistance, the satisfaction when you win the game is pure bliss.

As a side note, just a friendly reminder:

G9x1Qjr.png

An asterisk (*) indicates that two Failure Votes in the Mission Vote phase is required to fail the mission, when normally only one is required.

Things should be easier for the Resistance if they manage to make it to Missions 4 and 5. Keep in mind that these two particular missions will require at least two Sabotage votes from the Spies, meaning at least two spies must be on the mission. In other words, if the Resistance manage to root out a Spy or two during early/mid-game, they should have this in the bag by late-game (if they last that long).

I already said so.

Usually it fails then

That is usually how it goes. I almost never see the first mission fail, it's easier to stay hidden as a spy if there are 4 people in question instead of 3.

Proposal Mission 2.2 - Aladeen - approved

I know it's not gonna pass but I think this is the best chance at the mission succeeding.

We have to be careful though I think the spies may be rejecting this because there are no spies on this mission.

Then why approve of a mission you think will fail?

Proposal Mission 2.2 - dral - reject

tough to say about Aladeen, he's just so bad at reading me, or maybe he is mafia scum and just playing it up...

50% chance MB44 is mafia as well, so yeah, not feeling good about this at all

Considering you've rejected all 3 (despite being right to do so on the 1st and likely the 2nd), who would your choice team be?

That is usually how it goes. I almost never see the first mission fail, it's easier to stay hidden as a spy if there are 4 people in question instead of 3.

Then why approve of a mission you think will fail?

I mean I don't think it's going to be approved, because all the people who I think are spies are rejecting it. I don't think this mission will be sabotaged if that is what you are asking.

Considering you've rejected all 3 (despite being right to do so on the 1st and likely the 2nd), who would your choice team be?

either Aladeen is missing a lot about this game or he's mafia... I dunno, JL is also kinda quiet to be helpful, I'm actually leaning towards him being the one who fracked up the mission - if he's played before I'd expect him to be more helpful like you

I mean I don't think it's going to be approved, because all the people who I think are spies are rejecting it. I don't think this mission will be sabotaged if that is what you are asking.

It was, so that makes sense now.

I don't have a read on Dr.strangelove so I'm 50/50 on this, but since there was a rejection by the person I'm most confident is a spy, I'll have to approve this.

Proposal Mission 2.2 - Pineapples - Approved

either Aladeen is missing a lot about this game or he's mafia... I dunno, JL is also kinda quiet to be helpful, I'm actually leaning towards him being the one who fracked up the mission - if he's played before I'd expect him to be more helpful like you

you're so full of crap Dral we all know it was you who sabotaged the first mission, and are rejecting this one because there are no spies that were picked for it.

Here's dral's crapty plan in a nutshell;

1) Reject the first mission, one that he is on, after it has been all but approved.

2)claim that the mission will fail and that he will be telling us all so after the mission.

3)sabotages mission then says I told you so.

4) rejects any mission his spies are not on

5) attacks anyone who sees through his crappy plan. (In other words tries say I am a spy or have no concept of how to play this game because I see what he is)

6) sits back being useless as he is in mafia and hopes to coast to win.

Did I leave anything out Dral?

Archived