The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas police shutdown 7 and 8 yr olds' lemonade stand.

MikeyBoy44

Honestly I don't really care that much. We (at least me as an American) live in a hyper sensitive society that get riled up over every little thing. Because of this have stricter rules. Sure the cops could have overlooked it and likely been fine but the point is valid. There are plenty of cases where adults have used children to exploit laws and do illegal activity, as well as the possibility that someone could actually get sick from what they gave and end up suing. (When I was a kid I have literally dropped food on the ground and still given to people just because I didn't want to get in trouble for wasting). Even restaurants have a large excess at the end of most days and just throw the food in the trash simply because if they handed it out they could get sued.

So as dumb as it seems I can see why they would still enforce it. But the article seems overdramatic. Almost like not having a lemonade stand ruined these kids childhood and the dads father's day xD There are plenty of other valid ways they could have gotten around it and still raised money.

Maybe they should have started a stand that sold firearms accessories and see how that flies if someone tries to shut them down.

I'd advocate this too, just to watch your reaction when it is shut down and the NRA does nothing about it. :)

As always, there is more to the story:

She told a reporter from the local newspaper in nearby Tyler that the police chief came to shut down the stand because it lacked a permit from the city.

In an interview with the Tyler Morning Telegraph, police chief Clyde Carter reportedly said that he and the city secretary would waive the permit fee of $150 but that the girls would need a health department permit.

I guess at that very moment of closing the lemonade stand there was zero crime being committed in the state of Texas otherwise one might argue that this isnt the best use of police resources! Merica, fool me once shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

Merica

How many texans should be arrested for drug possession or something else and a lemonade stand gets shutdown? #lolwut

No one should be arrested for drug possession. Trafficking and manufacturing sure, but arresting addicts for being addicts is why their jails are severely over capacity and why they have the highest incarceration to population ratio of any country in the world.

No one should be arrested for drug possession. Trafficking and manufacturing sure, but arresting addicts for being addicts is why their jails are severely over capacity and why they have the highest incarceration to population ratio of any country in the world.

Well, yeah, but you know what I mean. There are more pressing illegal activities to stop than a freaking lemonade stand.

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20929864,00.html

My kids love their lemonade stands. I never knew there was anywhere on this planet where a kids lemonade stand required a permit or needed to be enforced.

They likely are required virtually everywhere, but only a dickwad of the highest order would actually enforce such a rule.

Well, yeah, but you know what I mean. There are more pressing illegal activities to stop than a freaking lemonade stand.

I couldn't resist, I do know what you mean. More pressing matters like domestic and sexual abuse, and gun crime....and pulling over tour buses and arresting famous musicians for weed. Texas loves its authority.

#Freedom #'Murica

Archived