The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

50 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Like I said sounds like he is leaning toward staying in Sweden because his main concerns are getting stronger and skating. I would be really surprised if he came over already. We'll see....

haha just stop while your only a little behind, your making it worse for yourself. You can't blatantly say that its a fact he's not coming over and then say he might not come over. He's young and deciding with his family and agent whats best for him. I think both options are good but the AHL might be better for the Canucks and him because he will be under Canuck mentorship, playing with future line mates, adapting to the North American game and potentially impacting other Canucks prospects positively.

• Upvote 1

Remember all the "Boeser is going to screw us a sign somewhere else" Nelly's around here...

Reminds me of all the "Horat should be sent down to juniors or the minors" crew his rookie season.

...or the folks that said Boeser should play in the minors for a year before even seeing him play with big boys...

Use your eyes and ears and have faith people....we have some great prospects and young NHL'rs ...the sky is still not falling....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Remember all the "Boeser is going to screw us a sign somewhere else" Nelly's around here...

Reminds me of all the "Horat should be sent down to juniors or the minors" crew his rookie season.

...or the folks that said Boeser should play in the minors for a year before even seeing him play with big boys...

Use your eyes and ears and have faith people....we have some great prospects and young NHL'rs ...the sky is still not falling....

It'll never end, just have to ignore the noise for what it is.  People are always going to seek drama, and trolls like Alf and the frog will always be there to incite and exacerbate it.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha just stop while your only a little behind, your making it worse for yourself. You can't blatantly say that its a fact he's not coming over and then say he might not come over. He's young and deciding with his family and agent whats best for him. I think both options are good but the AHL might be better for the Canucks and him because he will be under Canuck mentorship, playing with future line mates, adapting to the North American game and potentially impacting other Canucks prospects positively.

But Utica sucks outside of Virtanen,Demko, and maybe Subban nobody looks like a future Canuck there.

Who is he gonna play with? Rather him be in Sweden surrounded by more skill and get to work on his skating.

Then come over once Guadette turns pro and there is a nucleus of prospects who start to form available for call up.

36 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

But Utica sucks outside of Virtanen,Demko, and maybe Subban nobody looks like a future Canuck there.

Who is he gonna play with? Rather him be in Sweden surrounded by more skill and get to work on his skating.

Then come over once Guadette turns pro and there is a nucleus of prospects who start to form available for call up.

We're getting an influx of prospects in Utica next year (though largely on D), possibly including one or two of Dahlen, Boeser, Virtanen and Goldobin (never mind any moves Benning makes this summer).

That said. Still ok with whichever route he decides.

14 minutes ago, J.R. said:

We're getting an influx of prospects in Utica next year (though largely on D), possibly including one or two of Dahlen, Boeser, Virtanen and Goldobin (never mind any moves Benning makes this summer).

That said. Still ok with whichever route he decides.

Yep exactly, and if Dahlen plays well he might even get a callup to the big club due to lack of offensive prospects.

55 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Virtanen, Boeser, Goldobin, Valk?, Labate, Cassels, 2017 pick?, Macewan etc at forward Subban, likely Brisebois, Neill, McEneny, Pedan etc. and Demko in net. There is potentially going to be a lot of youth in Utica next year. Many that could make the NHL. Both the AHL and Sweden are good options and you can see why he'd go either way.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Yep exactly, and if Dahlen plays well he might even get a callup to the big club due to lack of offensive prospects.

Virtanen, Boeser, Goldobin, Valk?, Labate, Cassels, 2017 pick?, Macewan etc at forward Subban, likely Brisebois, Neill, McEneny, Pedan etc. and Demko in net. There is potentially going to be a lot of youth in Utica next year. Many that could make the NHL. Both the AHL and Sweden are good options and you can see why he'd go either way.

I'm sorry but just listing random guys is not gonna convince me. I'm talking guys with NHL futures more specifically at forward.

I will give you Valk even though it's a long shot he ever becomes a NHL player. 2017 pick ain't playing in Utica next year off the bat. He is ineligible as a teenager. So there is that.

MacEwen and Labate 2 grinders. Same goes with Cassels.

Oh and I expect Boeser to avoid Utica like Horvat did. He has the size smarts and 200 foot game and mature persona to be NHL rwady. All he needs to improve is his stamina and strength to play 82 games next year over the summer.

Goldy is too good for the AHL I rather he play and let Rodin walk with Larsen and admit the experience failed bringing over 2 Euro league journeyman.

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Rodin = "Euro league journeyman"

:rolleyes:

That's what he is a journeyman like Larsen. Last time I checked Goldy has proven he can play in North America albeit the AHL where as the other guy was in Europe and never had good numbers in the AHL which is why he left in the first place.

Larsen and Rodin = Journeyman. Still on a journey to secure regular employment in North America at the highest level.

Goldy is what 21 and Rodin is turning 27 next year. You tell me who do you want to invest in.

The guy who has potential and has proven it. Or a guy who is a good player in Europe but is injury prone and adapting to a smaller ice surface and more physical game.

There is no comparison actually.

Really small sample size, but he's averaging 3 shots per game so far. Over a full season, that would put him around 250, which is usually good enough to be top 30 in the league.

Obviously asking a lot for him to keep it up over a full season, but if he manages to put up anything close to those kinds of numbers consistently, it bodes well for him becoming a 20 to 30 goal per year player.

Edited by Brad Marchand