The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Luckily Boeser should get chance next season to capture gold as one of the returning players.

Not uncommon for an 18 year old to struggle a bit in their first tournament. Wilson obviously liked something from his game since he kept putting him on the top line.

Yea im surprised he hasnt had a bigger impact. But he impressed them all enough to earn valuable minutes on a loaded roster.

I am guessing its been a good learning experience for him, and Id expect him to impact the score sheet better next year.

Most likley the top line will be:

Tkachuk-White-Boeser

Shocked they lost to Russia, but they always seem to step it up in the world juniors.

Ron Wilson will also get ripped apart for his silly pre-game comments about not knowing a ingle player on the russian team. 

2 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

You're dreaming if you think that Konecny will be on the Flyers next year. He was a non-factor in a tournament where his skillset should have made him a standout. I like the kid and I think he develop into a Gallagher type player, but it's going to take him at least as long to develop as Brendan did.

If your point was to prove that you can't stop stop crying about something that you have no control over, you succeeded. 

Boeser's game needs structure and players on the ice to be where they're supposed to be. The WJC isn't that type of tournament, it's more of a scrambly mess, where players are trying to showcase themselves for the upcoming draft. I have no doubt that Boeser will return to form when he gets back to playing games against mature players.

Actually draft eligible players are a minority at this tournament.  Most 18-19years old have already been drafted, like Boeser, so your argument isn't really valid.

Also I found that Konecny, in his role as a 3rd/4th checking line, was one of the best player for Canada (just to be clear, in his limited role, he was one of the best).  Gallagher spent 36 games in the AHL before moving pro.  So I don't consider that a long time, but Konecny has 1 more year of junior of course, but I can see him having a great < 9 games next year with the Flyers.  With that said, I'm not saying we should have picked Konecny, over Boeser, as it's way too early to tell, both seem to have a bright future and are different players.

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Yea im surprised he hasnt had a bigger impact. But he impressed them all enough to earn valuable minutes on a loaded roster.

I am guessing its been a good learning experience for him, and Id expect him to impact the score sheet better next year.

Most likley the top line will be:

Tkachuk-White-Boeser

Shocked they lost to Russia, but they always seem to step it up in the world juniors.

Ron Wilson will also get ripped apart for his silly pre-game comments about not knowing a ingle player on the russian team. 

What a coach! Cornfed ass-hat gets confused too easily.

Edited by Western Red
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How many points did Boeser have?  Are we measuring him with the same stick as Virtanen? 

I dont think points alone would be a means for comparison, I know your not srs though.

Boesers not having a great tourney which is unexpected.

Virtanen had a bad tourney which was unexpected.

Good thing W Nylander didn't even have a tournament or CDC would be exploding if he performed well.

7 minutes ago, Western Red said:

What a coach! Cornfed ass-hat gets confused too easily.

WHO Are YOU?

pfft you think i care who my opponent is... dont need to know anything about them we got Chris Chelios on the bench thats all we need. 

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I dont think points alone would be a means for comparison, I know your not srs though.

Boesers not having a great tourney which is unexpected.

Virtanen had a bad tourney which was unexpected.

Good thing W Nylander didn't even have a tournament or CDC would be exploding if he performed well.

Our guys will be just fine.  One Nylander played well.  I'm wondering if we should draft Alex?

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Our guys will be just fine.  One Nylander played well.  I'm wondering if we should draft Alex?

Depending on our draft position.

I really like him though. He has a great mix of skill and grit and his game to me looks like it will translate well to the NHL.

If we pick 6-8 and he is available I would most likley take him over Gauthier and Dubois if the draft was tomorrow. Have to watch the rest of the season to see if any pull away. Especially since its now apparent his success wasnt based solely off the play of his OHL line mates.

Gauthier and Dubois are super enticing too.

But truthfully I am praying for 1 of Matthews and the big fins.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Depending on our draft position.

I really like him though. He has a great mix of skill and grit and his game to me looks like it will translate well to the NHL.

If we pick 6-8 and he is available I would most likley take him over Gauthier and Dubois if the draft was tomorrow. Have to watch the rest of the season to see if any pull away. Especially since its now apparent his success wasnt based solely off the play of his OHL line mates.

Gauthier and Dubois are super enticing too.

But truthfully I am praying for 1 of Matthews and the big fins.

I'm praying for getting one too.  Does that mean, if we pray really hard, we will both have our prayers answered and get TWO?

• Upvote 1

Just now, R3aL said:

Only one way to find out! We must PRAY HARDER! :bigblush:

I'm kneeling on chalk, and whipping my bare back with a mace, all while singing, "Nearer my God to Thee".  Nearer my God to thee/ please grant the Canucks Pulijujaarvi.  :)

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm kneeling on chalk, and whipping my bare back with a mace, all while singing, "Nearer my God to Thee".  Nearer my God to thee/ please grant the Canucks Pulijujaarvi.  :)

Aha now go forth and recruit followers to join! The louder the prayer the higher our chances that we win a top 3 lotto pick!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Ill say this Boeser is playing much better in their final game.    All the European teams looked pretty good this year.  

Consensus was that 2016 was a shallow draft,  maybe so, but Ive seen some good players on almost every team, yes some are already drafted, but still. 

no it wasn't.......

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Ill say this Boeser is playing much better in their final game.    All the European teams looked pretty good this year.  

Consensus was that 2016 was a shallow draft,  maybe so, but Ive seen some good players on almost every team, yes some are already drafted, but still. 

Who's that consensus?? 

14 hours ago, R3aL said:

WHO Are YOU?

pfft you think i care who my opponent is... dont need to know anything about them we got Chris Chelios on the bench thats all we need. 

It looked like Chelios was ready to chuck Wilson off the bench at times. We always pre-scouted opposing teams in the 'old' days. Wilson strikes me as a pretty arrogant guy. Acidic is the term I believe.