The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wonder if the Canucks will let Boeser wear #16? 

Not a chance. He probably wouldn't even want to. Even mcdavid would look like the biggest douche taking a retired number. 

Might go the mccann route and pick 61. Anyone know who his favorite player was growing up? Kass took 44 in Edmonton. 17 frees up next year too.

10 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

I wouldn't call him the steal of the draft; he is one of the few later picks that are rising above expectations. Out of the NCAA notables in that draft, I would say he ranks behind only Kyle Connor.

I think Brock is ahead of Kyle. Plays in a much tougher conference and is breaking records in that conference set by future hall of famers. I'm sure Kyle will be a great pro but playing in the NCHC is much tougher than the Big East. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Because it was a stupid thing to say and fit in perfectly with the overhyping prospects theme that was being argued

Wasn't stupid that's just your opinion.  I wasn't a part of the overhyping of any other player so that's irrelevant to me. 

We'll re-discuss the topic in 3 years and see where we're at. Fair enough?

Well, seeing as how I have Boeser in my minor league system in my keeper pool, if we get Matthews that would be aweeeeeesome! At this point, Boeser is looking like our best potential sniper in our system. Horvat has the two-way complete game, Virtanen is a power forward type build, has a good shot though. Baertschi has skill, but don't see him ever putting up 30+ goals.

1 minute ago, Glory_Days said:

Well, seeing as how I have Boeser in my minor league system in my keeper pool, if we get Matthews that would be aweeeeeesome! At this point, Boeser is looking like our best potential sniper in our system. Horvat has the two-way complete game, Virtanen is a power forward type build, has a good shot though. Baertschi has skill, but don't see him ever putting up 30+ goals.

To be fair did anyone predict the Sedin's each being an Art Ross winner?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Because it was a stupid thing to say and fit in perfectly with the overhyping prospects theme that was being argued

Anyone else find this statement to be ironic coming from a guy who has " Demko "He is going to be an All-star/elite level starter you can quote me on that" in his sig? I guess CDC thinks it is more acceptable to over hype prospects of other teams. Meaning it is more acceptable to overhype players on other teams and not that Demko is another team's property.

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Anyone else find this statement to be ironic coming from a guy who has " Demko "He is going to be an All-star/elite level starter you can quote me on that" in his sig? I guess CDC thinks it is more acceptable to over hype prospects of other teams.

Ironic but it looks like I'm right... So point mute. 

I'm quite even keel when it comes to projecting prospects

Edited by Gstank29

2 minutes ago, Erik Karlsson said:

You're getting into Desi's level of annoyance.. No one cares that you're an amateur scout, if you even are one.

You're about as right as the guy who said Boeser will be the 3rd best player. Neither have even played a pro game, a scout should know better then this no?

Now go back to playing pokemon and try to not live on CDC.

Hallelujah! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Erik Karlsson said:

You're getting into Desi's level of annoyance.. No one cares that you're an amateur scout, if you even are one.

You're about as right as the guy who said Boeser will be the 3rd best player. Neither have even played a pro game, a scout should know better then this no?

Now go back to playing pokemon and try to not live on CDC.

Scary internet attack, the sceen inbetween us makes you very scary....

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

Hallelujah! 

"at least 75% of adults have tried crack"

Edited by Gstank29

2 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

You claim thay I said at least 75% of adults have tried crack. Go find the post then. Please bemail my guest.

You know you said it, just like you posted that story about having to call the ambulance from getting too high.

Edited by Gstank29