The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

it's a reference to the words of one Dave Pratt

nice goal

Is mentioning the idiot above call for banishment from these boards? Zhuk is clearly going to be an elite NHL player. He's already better than a lot of guys picked well ahead of him in his draft and the previous one. Who would we rather have, Zhuk or Ehlers? It's clearly Zhuk now we see them both compete at the highest levels.

Sorry man but every time I read one of your posts I want to throw up. "Clearly going to be an Elite NHL player"......who says that kind of stuff...

Who says he won't? It's an opinion based board, where we voice our opinions. I say the kid has the right stuff, more so than guys who were drafted a lot higher. As he grows into a man, he's going to be something special. He's still really playing in a boy's body, and impressing. Ehlers, on the other hand, looks to be physically developed already. He's at his ceiling. Our guy is already better, so he's going to be great! IMHO:)

• Upvote 1

Who says he won't? It's an opinion based board, where we voice our opinions. I say the kid has the right stuff, more so than guys who were drafted a lot higher. As he grows into a man, he's going to be something special. He's still really playing in a boy's body, and impressing. Ehlers, on the other hand, looks to be physically developed already. He's at his ceiling. Our guy is already better, so he's going to be great! IMHO:)

Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

What on earth suggests that Ehlers is done developing physically?

Same goes with every small player not a Canuck I suppose then eh?

Being able to state your opinion doesn't mean whatever you say that is defying logic or completely without base is gonna be right....

I mean Dmitry Zhukenov might become a NHL player.. but stating he is a sure fire elite NHL player is waaaaay overboard.

• Upvote 2

Being able to state your opinion doesn't mean whatever you say that is defying logic or completely without base is gonna be right....

I mean Dmitry Zhukenov might become a NHL player.. but stating he is a sure fire elite NHL player is waaaaay overboard.

That's your opinion. Datsuyk was a fifth round pick. Burrows was not even drafted. Guys sometimes mature late, and if they impress when still boyish playing with men, we can logically project they will be even better when they themselves are men. Whereas guys who physically develop their man strength early, Ehlers for example, are at their physical ceiling. Other players will catch up and pass these early bloomers, just like Zhuk is flying by Ehlers right now.

Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

What on earth suggests that Ehlers is done developing physically?

Same goes with every small player not a Canuck I suppose then eh?

It's a fact that people develop their manhood at different rates. It's clearly evident that Zhuk is still a boy in that regard. Yet even at such a physical disadvantage, he still competes like crazy and wins battles more often than not. Logic dictates that as he gains his natural man strength, he will improve greatly, and he's already really good. Ehlers is already a man. Any improvement in him will be marginal. I really don't think it has much to do with size, more than physical maturity. Brendan Gaunce still has his boy face, but he's a big person. He's going to get a lot stronger as he matures too.

It's a fact that people develop their manhood at different rates. It's clearly evident that Zhuk is still a boy in that regard. Yet even at such a physical disadvantage, he still competes like crazy and wins battles more often than not. Logic dictates that as he gains his natural man strength, he will improve greatly, and he's already really good. Ehlers is already a man. Any improvement in him will be marginal. I really don't think it has much to do with size, more than physical maturity. Brendan Gaunce still has his boy face, but he's a big person. He's going to get a lot stronger as he matures too.

I see what you are getting at, but Ehlers was in the same draft class as Virt, hes not already a man.

Ehlers was voted the most pro ready prospect in the Q in 2014, that's fairly manly I would say. I don't think Zuk will be getting that award, but he could get best rookie honours if he has a tremendous season. Don't think his team is good enough though.

That's my point. Ehlers developed early, and he is what you see now.

Good god... Zhuk has not passed ehlers lol

• Upvote 3