The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your kidding right?

captaincowbasher

Benning has let me down, I am slowly losing hope in Benning due to the direction he is taking this team. I can see him fired in 2-3 years if he doesn't begin the rebuild. I don't know what Benning is thinking, at the the deadline he had the perfect oppertunity to trade a guy like Higgins and Mathias but refused. As a result, you saw what happened, Benning's biggest blunder was at the trade deadline failing to figure out this team would do nothing in the playoffs.

Makes me concerned as a fan when teams like Calgary give away Glencross we could of done the same with our veterans because the market value was at the deadline day but we never. That was Benning's blunder and that blunder has been going on ever since. For instance, after that he gives two horrible contracts to Sbisa and Dorsett. Furthermore, he decides not to watch the playoffs but fails to draft KONECY who was a stud for team Canada.

NOPE I DON'T GET MR BENNING ANYMORE, HIS MOVES DONT MAKE SENSE. I AM GIVING HIM ONE LAST CHANCE TO REBUILD ON TRADE DEADLINE DAY, OTHERWISE, HE WILL BE FIRED IN 2-3 YEARS, GUARANTEE IT.

Glencross was a desired commodity, Higgins and Matthias weren't. Take your blinders off.

Considering we didn't have a 13th overall pick in this draft, no, we couldn't. That's a huge part of the deal in this deep draft.

You make it sound like 5 teams are banging on the door with their cupboard wide open asking for us to ransack them.

Canucks wanted a 2nd in this draft. Teams didn't want to give it up. I can't blame them. I wouldn't give up a second in this draft for him.

No worries really. Benning will trade for young kids that get lost in other teams' systems.

Baertschi

Clendening

Pedan

No big deal.

Benning has let me down, I am slowly losing hope in Benning due to the direction he is taking this team. I can see him fired in 2-3 years if he doesn't begin the rebuild. I don't know what Benning is thinking, at the the deadline he had the perfect oppertunity to trade a guy like Higgins and Mathias but refused. As a result, you saw what happened, Benning's biggest blunder was at the trade deadline failing to figure out this team would do nothing in the playoffs.

Makes me concerned as a fan when teams like Calgary give away Glencross we could of done the same with our veterans because the market value was at the deadline day but we never. That was Benning's blunder and that blunder has been going on ever since. For instance, after that he gives two horrible contracts to Sbisa and Dorsett. Furthermore, he decides not to watch the playoffs but fails to draft KONECY who was a stud for team Canada.

NOPE I DON'T GET MR BENNING ANYMORE, HIS MOVES DONT MAKE SENSE. I AM GIVING HIM ONE LAST CHANCE TO REBUILD ON TRADE DEADLINE DAY, OTHERWISE, HE WILL BE FIRED IN 2-3 YEARS, GUARANTEE IT.

Can we fire you?

Success is predicated upon definiteness of purpose, which you must adhere to in spite of those around you not understanding what or why you are doing what you are doing. Say what you will about Benning, but he certainly has a unified vision and is sticking to it.

So i'm listening to JB rationalize his draft weekend and he says something along the lines that he worked really hard to try and make a deal for Lucic... well looking at that deal 13th overall, (G)Martin Jones and (D) prospect Collin Miller and we couldn't do better? Your kidding right? Lucic is the exact top line winger this town has needed since the decline of Bertuzzi. We all witnessed what Bertuzzi did with the Sedins, Lucic would have been the perfect fit for the Sedins. Believe me when I say this Benning blew it hard. Lucic will re-up with the Kings and having a number 1 power forward on our team will remain that allusive dream.

If that's JB's idea of working really hard then the Canucks are seriously screwed. We had 2 second round picks and we have Sven and Vey to show for it. We literally gave Lack away just to keep Miller happy and apparently 5 teams are seriously interested in Bieksa but he can't even get a 2nd for him...lol, and Higgins is still a Canuck. I think i'm going to puke, terrible draft for the Canucks and for those that think we won the Kesler deal- give your heads a shake we got murdered!!!!!

so what exactly do we have that we can offer that's better than LA's offer? the 13th overall>>23rd overall.. Martin Jones was just traded for another 1st rounder.. and a so-so prospect..

that's essentially 2 first high/mid 1st round + a prospect.. something equivalent from vancouver stand point will probably be something like a horvat or virtanen to start...

Archived