The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Boyd Gordon to ARI

Gordon was the only player on the Oil who could win a draw. Relying on McDavid and Nuge to compete in the face-off circle is tough duty for a couple of boys.

The Oil will likely go hard after Vermette and if successful will undoubtedly over-pay to play in E-town.

Who needs a depth centre that can win 56% of his faceoffs, handle the hard minutes, and still produce some respectable offense with only 22% offensive zone starts.

Evidently not Edmonton lol.

You do strange things Edmonton.

Role players begone!

Who needs a depth centre that can win 56% of his faceoffs, handle the hard minutes, and still produce some respectable offense with only 22% offensive zone starts.

Evidently not Edmonton lol.

You do strange things Edmonton.

Role players begone!

Edmonton has to think they have a real good shot at signing on of the veteran centres (Vermette, Richardson, etc.) on the market. Enough to trade away Gordon for a veteran on the wing.

Edmonton has to think they have a real good shot at signing on of the veteran centres (Vermette, Richardson, etc.) on the market. Enough to trade away Gordon for a veteran on the wing.

Well they would not have been able to speak with anyone yet, and there are very few of those quality centers available, with a lot of teams looking.

Who knows - we'll see, but counting on something like that can come back to bite you. I'd rather have one sign and then cut the deal with the risk of having two quality depth centers - ie not a risk at all. Gordon is also a right handed draw - something that is a nice option to have in your bottom six. Perhaps they're also pursuing Santo. My hope is that the Canucks take Richie off the market now that they have Juice's cap to work with (and possibly Santo)...

Well they would not have been able to speak with anyone yet, and there are very few of those quality centers available, with a lot of teams looking.

Who knows - we'll see, but counting on something like that can come back to bite you. I'd rather have one sign and then cut the deal with the risk of having two quality depth centers - ie not a risk at all. Gordon is also a right handed draw - something that is a nice option to have in your bottom six. Perhaps they're also pursuing Santo. My hope is that the Canucks take Richie off the market now that they have Juice's cap to work with (and possibly Santo)...

Definitely not a safe bet, and you've got a good point. Gordon's cap hit is 3M, and Korpikoski's cap hit is 2.5M. So maybe Chiarelli wants the extra cap space for tomorrow?

Definitely not a safe bet, and you've got a good point. Gordon's cap hit is 3M, and Korpikoski's cap hit is 2.5M. So maybe Chiarelli wants the extra cap space for tomorrow?

To me, Korpikoski is a far more redundant piece in Edmonton than Gordon would be.

As a stand alone, this deal is a head-shaker imo, but who knows what they're up to.

Well they would not have been able to speak with anyone yet,

Not necessarily true.

There is an interview process in the week before July 1st.

How do you think deals get done with the first few hours of frenzy day.

Archived