The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will the Canucks roll 4 forward lines in 2015-16?

tyhee

Yes. Abdominal tear.

I mean once he's 100%, not on opening night.

Cole is expecting to be at 100% long before opening night...as long as he can train at close to full speed for a couple of weeks before training camp he will have a shot at making it straight out of junior.

It mostly will depend on how he does in FO circle where Vey is really weak and Cassels is very strong at least in junior.

I expect him to take the job (4th line center) by mid season anyway.

Yes, I assume they'll roll four lineslines, why not? It's what WD does and all four lines will give a real good effort.

I imagine Benning wants Prust and Dorsett on different lines, mentoring/protecting different young players on the ice, even though Dors-Prust-Burr/Hansen sounds like a terrifying checking line i doubt we'll see much of that, What a huge pain in the ass they'd be.

Hopefully some of the kids shine and make it this year, and the roster could look a lot different in October ..... or April.

If Higgins is like glue in the locker room, he should just stay there and hold it together, I'd rather watch the future miss multiple open nets every game..

We won't see those three together at all...none are centre's.

IMHO

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata

Kenins - Horvat - Virtanen

Prust - Friesen - Dorsett

So what do we do when there's a penalty to kill?

Burrows Bonino

Edler Tanev

for two minutes straight?

Prust Horvat

Hamhuis Clendenning?

Not quite as nice as

Higgins Horvat or Hansen Horvat

We won't see those three together at all...none are centre's.

Pretty sure Prust's played center in the past. Even if he hasnt (though I'm 99% sure he has) his FO% couldn't be worse then Vey's, if that even matters with the ol' dump, change n chase game as a checking line changes on the fly. I bet we do see those three "together" during the season if Hansen isn't traded.

But you obviously didn't read my post and just took issue with an insane checking line.... If you read it you'd see I was saying Prust and Dors will be on different lines, there Spaniard.

I hate to beat a dead horse but hear me out.

I think we should split up the sedins, and infuse our young guns throughout the lineup.

First thing we would do is trade Hansen and Higgins. Leaving this as our opening day line up.

Beartchi-Sedin-Vrbata

Sedin-Horvat-Burrows

Prust -Bonnino-Vey

Kennins -Cassels -Dorsett

Grenier

Give all our up and comers a veteran presence on there respective lines to learn from while also giving them a long leash to learn from there mistakes.

I have a line up that looks a lot different then many I've seen, including the one proposed in this thread and is one that, I feel, four lines can be used full time.

JB has indicated he wants to bring more youth to the line up. This is the only way I see that happening.

Opening night roster (Forwards):

D.Sedin H.Sedin R.Vrbata

S.Baertschi B.Horvat A.Burrows

D.Dorsett N.Bonino J.Virtanen

B.Prust L.Vey A.Grenier

The top line stays the same. They were our top producers last year and will continue to be this year.

Burrows has had a couple seasons of turmoil. His contract is a tough one to move, given his lack of production in recent seasons. Playing along side a speedy duo of Horvat and Baertschi should give him the chance he's been looking for to rejuvenate his career and end it with a bang. Looking from the other perspectives, Baertschi and Horvat get to play with a vet who can move the puck and has the experience to be an effective mentor.

Let the head shaking begin. I've put Dorsett on the third line. To me this makes sense. Last season Derek put up decent numbers on the fourth line and was very noticeable virtually every shift. Putting him on the third line gives him the opportunity to add more to his offensive stats and spreads out the grit in the line up. It's been said that management wants to give Virtanen 9 games to see what he can do. Playing with Dorsett and Bones seems logical in the fact that they both carry the traits that are in Jakes game. Young, aggressive players like Jake can easily become targets in the NHL. Dorsett will be an effective back up for him. This line gives our young prospect a chance to show himself without having to produce big numbers.

The fourth line is a bit of a question mark for me. I put Vey at it's center but only due to lack of options. I don't like him at center and would prefer to see him on a wing in the future. I think a vet like Jarret Stoll would be a much more effective middle man for this line. He is a solid defensive forward who is still available and, as time goes on with no offers, may be available at a very affordable hit and provides an effective gap filler until more youth can develop. I believe Grenier is getting a spot this year. He's been very good in the "A" and is ready to make the jump. His size and aggression will be a great compliment to our line up and, along with Virtanen and Baertschi, will usher in the new era in the Canuck story.

I believe Higgins days in Vancouver are numbered and he will be dealt by deadline day. If Virtanen shows himself to be an effective NHLer without being a danger to himself with over zealous play and questionable choices, Hansen will be an attractive asset at the deadline as well. Burrows has to bounce back in a big way. I've loved watching him play in Vancouver but with as much as he's done for this team and city, the business point of view dictates that it may be time for him to move on if he can't return to, at least, most of his former self.

What the difference between a duck? One of it's feet are both the same.

That said, if all the lines are getting close to the same ice time, which is not bad during the regular season and for grooming prospects, what difference then between 1st and 4th, with the exception of specialty teams?

The line number could just be the starting rotation in any given game

Sedin. Sedin. Vrbata.

Higgins. Horvat. Burrows.

Baertschi. Bonino. Virtanen.

Prust. Vey. Dorsett.

With kennins, McCann , and anyone else getting some playing time here and there at the beginning of the season

What happened to Hansen? 2 kids with Bones on the 3rd line is a disaster.

Pretty sure Prust's played center in the past. Even if he hasnt (though I'm 99% sure he has) his FO% couldn't be worse then Vey's, if that even matters with the ol' dump, change n chase game as a checking line changes on the fly. I bet we do see those three "together" during the season if Hansen isn't traded.

But you obviously didn't read my post and just took issue with an insane checking line.... If you read it you'd see I was saying Prust and Dors will be on different lines, there Spaniard.

Someone needs to play the position, not just take faceoffs but do all the things a centre does.

Actually Dorsett is better then Vey in the circle, Prust may be as well and I agree they will on different lines mostly.

Englishman...?

yo no soy "Spaniard" soy earthling...

I think if WD spreads out the wealth across all 4 lines then he will. A lineup like this will get the fourth line playing 10-12 minutes a night:

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Dorsett - Bonino - Burrows

Higgins - Vey - Prust

My thoughts. Burr could slot up and down between the top 2 lines as well, if needed.

Of course, injuries & call-ups/try-outs...Kenins, Virtanen, Shink, & hopefully the 'Nucks don't get too far injured beyond that...

Is there any doubt the Canucks will roll 4 lines? What, people think JB wanted BOTH Twiggy & Prust on the same line? Get real...

Looking at our roster right now in the offseason, I hate our team. I am not a fan of either goalie, I only like 4 Dmen and 5 forwards. not many years ago 20 of the guys on teh team were guys i really wanted to watch play hockey. Something weird is happening and I am pretty sure it is called a rebuild.

I know they are stuck with a lot of NTC's and NMC's but it has forced the team really to get worse. Hand, Dank, Burr, Vrbata..all 34 to start the season and all locked in tight, NTC's or NMC's. and cost 1/3rd of the total budget. All told we have 8 players aged 31 or older out of 24 on the roster page.

Someone needs to play the position, not just take faceoffs but do all the things a centre does.

Actually Dorsett is better then Vey in the circle, Prust may be as well and I agree they will on different lines mostly.

Englishman...?

yo no soy "Spaniard" soy earthling...

Dear Mr Fire:

You are correct, sir.

Sincerely,

Beer Can

Archived