The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] Taylor Pyatt retires

I'd call that fight a draw, but he stepped up against a bigger guy (and a noted scrapper) because of a cheap shot on Hank. That's the kind of thing that earns the respect of teammates.

Too bad it didn't work with a few so-called fans, who insist on calling him insulting names like "Taylor Pylon".

I'd call that fight a draw, but he stepped up against a bigger guy (and a noted scrapper) because of a cheap shot on Hank. That's the kind of thing that earns the respect of teammates.

Too bad it didn't work with a few so-called fans, who insist on calling him insulting names like "Taylor Pylon".

Only in Vancouver will fans complain about a 25 year old player who cost us a 4th round pick and 1 million in salary to score 23 goals and finish 2nd amongst team forwards in playoff points. Not to mention he was also a hard worker, played the body, and was responsible defensively.

Goes to show why you should have speed and size to be an 8th overall pick?

If he was drafted 25th overall, or in the 2knd round, his career would be viewed in every way a success IMO...

Congratulations on your retirement Taylor!

He was drafted in the "old" NHL, where speed can easily be neutralized by all the clutching and grabbing along with trap hockey.

Pyatt has strength and size, while he didn't have the aggressiveness to go along with it, he was very effective at times. Just re-watch the entire 2007 Canucks vs Stars series. I'm not saying he was the #1 player, but you can clearly tell how in a very slow and bogged down game, he seemingly was able to raise he game due to the pace of the game being a lot slower and him being a huge guy.

Best of luck to him in retirement.

Finished 11th in his draft class in points and 5th in games played. Congrats Taylor on a very solid NHL career

That is actually pretty good considering how our media clowns and their followers bashed him. They expect all of our players to be prototypical players. Each player has strengths and weaknesses. When the media clowns turn on a player, they only see the negatives; then the idiots follow suit.

Congratulations on playing in the NHL for so long. Good luck in retirement, Taylor Pyatt. Enjoy what you earned.

I'll always remember Taylor Pyatt as the guy who CDC thought was the perfect Sedin linemate with his big frame. Same goes for Bernier, Bitz, etc etc.

Pyatt had a solid career, I'd think. He got to journey around the NHL on different teams and play with a lot of players. Poor guy had his fiance pass away a few years ago and I'm not sure he's been the same since.

Only in Vancouver will fans complain about a 25 year old player who cost us a 4th round pick and 1 million in salary to score 23 goals and finish 2nd amongst team forwards in playoff points. Not to mention he was also a hard worker, played the body, and was responsible defensively.

I wouldn't say only in Vancouver, but when you talk about NHL cities that like to slag current and former players, Vancouver is one of the first cities to come to mind...

Pyatt was a good soldier for the Canucks. (and for every team he played for) He certainly deserves better than "Pylon". (which he was not, BTW)

until he decided to sue Trevor linden.

Anson carter was the best fit with the Sedins until Brian Burke decided to cheapen out when it came contract time.

Sad thing is that Sedins never had a decent RW. Imagine them having sniper on RW!

All players playing along them (Carter, Klatt, Burrows, etc) had solid numbers because of Sedins!

We'll never know...

Archived