The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Harper Government Approves Abortion Pill

nucklehead

lol

Classic right wing crazy here.

Murder is bad! Abortion is murder!

Mutilate, torture and murder the rapist!

no I´m not "right wing" or any type of "wing"...

I´m from the point were if you murder an inocent person you must pay for that. the conventional law isn´t working, so kill the person who murdered an inocent person...

as for rapist. well dude I saw a lot of thing in the Jungle and believe me. with a lot of prostitutes out there if a person rape some inocent person that idiot must pay on the hardest way to tell the other maniacs "don´t"

only in big cities rapists go to the jail. in the middle of the Jungle people simply do what it is supposed to be done with these maniacs...

maybe, just maybe people should care a little bit more before have this wild ride of making sex like people drink water...

Sex just like anything organic isn´t stable so just like anything accidents might happen. but you might be ready for the consequences. the woman got pregnat during sex (with you)? well. time to accept the fact.

just like "Emergency procedures" on airplanes the same must be done while doing sex. the condom broke? the woman got pregnat? was you? well daddy. time to accept the risk...

as the bold part my objective is clear. if you don´t want kids use a condom or do a vasectomy....

Oooohhhhh, man. SMH.

I'm rather dumbfounded by your comments, to be honest. So sex for fun by both parties is sorta ok but it's the woman who will pay the price for anything that goes wrong.... according to you. Perhaps if men had to end up pregnant after a misadventure with protection, there would be far more men being ultra-careful about having sex for 'fun'. You know, having to pay for the consequences of having sex in the first place. Another news flash for you........condoms are not 100% reliable for birth control.....though let's be clear, they ARE better than nothing or the good ol' withdrawal method.

Oooohhhhh, man. SMH.

I'm rather dumbfounded by your comments, to be honest. So sex for fun by both parties is sorta ok but it's the woman who will pay the price for anything that goes wrong.... according to you. Perhaps if men had to end up pregnant after a misadventure with protection, there would be far more men being ultra-careful about having sex for 'fun'. You know, having to pay for the consequences of having sex in the first place. Another news flash for you........condoms are not 100% reliable for birth control.....though let's be clear, they ARE better than nothing or the good ol' withdrawal method.

no. both pay the price. it´s organic. kids need both sides, dad and mom...

condoms are not 100% reliable yet. with the advancing tecnology probably a high resistent with nanotecnology the improvement will be done.

also some "eletric rings" that discharge little charges inside the woman´s vagina to kill the sperm. the tecnology is advancing fast

for me is plain simple. if you f#$¨$ because you want, don´t use the condom (or other similar method) and a kid comes later. be responsible and raise the kid. abortion "just because it´s the woman´s body" is simply murder...

and just like any murder of inocent people it should be punished...

In an ideal world, there would be no abortions, but adoptions in it's stead. However, it's not an ideal world, and we still slice, dice, and remove unborn babies whenever their carriers so please.

I'm more concerned about getting the term down (barring life-threatening cases) than eradicating abortions altogether rn. It's pretty much even if it's only the baby's foot still in the womb, you can kill it.

Aeromota, I understand your point, and I agree with you on a lot of it. And while abortion isn't right, it won't have a heartbeat or an EEG until a few months in. If someone's going to do it, they should do it before then.

In an ideal world, there would be no abortions, but adoptions in it's stead. However, it's not an ideal world, and we still slice, dice, and remove unborn babies whenever their carriers so please.

I'm more concerned about getting the term down (barring life-threatening cases) than eradicating abortions altogether rn. It's pretty much even if it's only the baby's foot still in the womb, you can kill it.

Aeromota, I understand your point, and I agree with you on a lot of it. And while abortion isn't right, it won't have a heartbeat or an EEG until a few months in. If someone's going to do it, they should do it before then.

touché...

but imagine how many women will use this as an excuse?

Taking the absolute extreme position of the person you are discussing with and arguing that's what they mean to prove your point just diminishes yours. Don't knock down others point just to prove yours. If yours has merit, it'll stand on its own.

Clearly yours doesn't.

To many, abortion is great in theory. But when you actually get in the room where it happens and watch it all go down, it might make a difference. It also might not.

It's kinda the same thing as meat. Sure, most people eat meat. Most people love meat. But if you actually saw an animal slaughtered and chopped up by a butcher, it also might make a difference in how you see things. It also might not.

no. both pay the price. it´s organic. kids need both sides, dad and mom...

condoms are not 100% reliable yet. with the advancing tecnology probably a high resistent with nanotecnology the improvement will be done.

also some "eletric rings" that discharge little charges inside the woman´s vagina to kill the sperm. the tecnology is advancing fast

for me is plain simple. if you f#$¨$ because you want, don´t use the condom (or other similar method) and a kid comes later. be responsible and raise the kid. abortion "just because it´s the woman´s body" is simply murder...

and just like any murder of inocent people it should be punished...

This is just my opinion, but your point of view is about as ignorant as ignorant gets. Abortion is just as responsible as using a condom, or using birth control. It's an option.

By simplifying the issue and calling it murder, you are completely discounting the right that the woman has to decide if she wants her body to undergo the chemical and physical alterations that could in some cases lead to life long issues or in extreme cases death.

Perhaps the woman is a byproduct of rape herself, or her mother never knew the father or doesn't know who the father actually is (it does happen), and as a result there's no understanding of family medical history. Say the child is born with a congenital defect, or ends up affected in some other way?

The child didn't ask to be born just as much as the mother didn't want to become pregnant. Regardless of what options were or were not used to try and prevent this outcome from occurring does not denigrate the option of abortion to being "wrong". You believe it's wrong, but guess what? Tough $&!#, it's not your body and not your choice to decide upon.

Shut your pie hole and let those who have to make the decisions do so for their reasons, do not presume to be holier than thou and think you know what's best because a certain option offends your sensibilities. Grow up and realize that we all have to make decisions for ourselves, and we all have our own reasons for making the decisions that we do.

touché...

but imagine how many women will use this as an excuse?

Countless. It's pretty irresponsible when you think that that baby is less than 9 months away from becoming a human being.

But it's the lesser of two evils if the baby is *shivers* dealt with before it can start to feel and think, rather than after.

Repeat after me

Not your body not your choice. No uterus no say.

If you're partnered with someone who wants to make that choice so be it, but at days end you don't have a say, like at all.

That being said. It will be funny knowing Harper has pissed off Albertastan so badly, pissed off Newfoundland screwed up by redrawing electoral borders in Saskatchewan and now their furthest right christian god fearing do as I say not as I do antu everything types will be overjoyed at this news (sarcasm)

Election cannot come soon enough

Wow you say that like there actually is a large population of God fearing Christians.

To many, abortion is great in theory. But when you actually get in the room where it happens and watch it all go down, it might make a difference. It also might not.

It's kinda the same thing as meat. Sure, most people eat meat. Most people love meat. But if you actually saw an animal slaughtered and chopped up by a butcher, it also might make a difference in how you see things. It also might not.

Abortion isn't 'great in theory'. No one has sex thinking 'Awesome, hopefully I can get an abortion after this'.

Your delusion that there's this untapped number of women out there just waiting for something like this pill so they can finally just go around having unprotected sex is bizarre to say the least.

In my opinion there are very few if any good reasons to have an abortion, now there's a pill to fast-track that reprehensible process. Great. Here's an idea, dont want a baby, give it up for adoption, there are plenty of people who can only dream of being parents but for whatever reason are unable.

While there are great potential parents out there who want to adopt, looking at you Brangelina;), I've also seen some very negative situations involving foster parents making a career out of "caring" for children. I could share stories but I'll just leave it at;

Maybe adults should act responsibly.

Simple as that in most cases.

This is just my opinion, but your point of view is about as ignorant as ignorant gets. Abortion is just as responsible as using a condom, or using birth control. It's an option.

By simplifying the issue and calling it murder, you are completely discounting the right that the woman has to decide if she wants her body to undergo the chemical and physical alterations that could in some cases lead to life long issues or in extreme cases death.

Perhaps the woman is a byproduct of rape herself, or her mother never knew the father or doesn't know who the father actually is (it does happen), and as a result there's no understanding of family medical history. Say the child is born with a congenital defect, or ends up affected in some other way?

The child didn't ask to be born just as much as the mother didn't want to become pregnant. Regardless of what options were or were not used to try and prevent this outcome from occurring does not denigrate the option of abortion to being "wrong". You believe it's wrong, but guess what? Tough crap, it's not your body and not your choice to decide upon.

Shut your pie hole and let those who have to make the decisions do so for their reasons, do not presume to be holier than thou and think you know what's best because a certain option offends your sensibilities. Grow up and realize that we all have to make decisions for ourselves, and we all have our own reasons for making the decisions that we do.

1) no...

2) personal decisions, personal responsability. the human body wasn´t made to be opened all the time. one day the body will demand some compensation...

3) it´s MY opinion and I really don´t care if people don´t agree with me. it´s MY point of view. why I have to shup up? I´m sorry pal but I don´t live in North Korea.

-wanna abort? go nuts. but If my girlfriend do this is done forever plus juridical implications for her...

4) I´m sorry but I saw too many deaths in the jungle and my country is violent enought. I´m sorry but I´m tired of seing inocent people being killed for no reason...

-we have more people being killed here in one single day that Canada has in one year

5) I´m not a "religious fanatic guy". actually our family deeply enjoy the science and believe that the human evolved from the monkey (and that the evolution is the ultimate proof that God exists). BUT we simply believe that murder is murder.

-if you don´t agree with that so that´s ok for me. you don´t have to use insults on me. I didn´t insulted you. so I will not "shut my pie hole" or whatever it means

plain simple.

While there are great potential parents out there who want to adopt, looking at you Brangelina;), I've also seen some very negative situations involving foster parents making a career out of "caring" for children. I could share stories but I'll just leave it at;

Maybe adults should act responsibly.

Simple as that in most cases.

told everything and even more...

as we say here:

"you didn´t say that much, but you said good"

Abortion isn't 'great in theory'. No one has sex thinking 'Awesome, hopefully I can get an abortion after this'.

Your delusion that there's this untapped number of women out there just waiting for something like this pill so they can finally just go around having unprotected sex is bizarre to say the least.

It's great in theory... if you end up in that situation.

I don't think that's the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Oh man this thread.

I didn't even realize there were still this many backwards ass people (well in this case, men), who think they have a say in what a woman does with her body.

Oh man I didn't realize there would be this many here that would completely miss the point of this post. I could have called it "Health Canada Approves Pill" but I gave Harper the recognition here that he so desperately craves. So interesting how when Rona Ambrose is asked to comment all you hear are crickets. Yes, there exists a huge voting block that cast their vote for the Conservative Government exactly for the reason they believed that the abortion issue would be reopened by Harper and eventually outlawed. I had many people make that exact statement in my presence. Enough to tip the balance? Probably not but they are losing credibility on many fronts. Heads are sure to roll over this one.

Oh man I didn't realize there would be this many here that would completely miss the point of this post. I could have called it "Health Canada Approves Pill" but I gave Harper the recognition here that he so desperately craves. So interesting how when Rona Ambrose is asked to comment all you hear are crickets. Yes, there exists a huge voting block that cast their vote for the Conservative Government exactly for the reason they believed that the abortion issue would be reopened by Harper and eventually outlawed. I had many people make that exact statement in my presence. Enough to tip the balance? Probably not but they are losing credibility on many fronts. Heads are sure to roll over this one.

It's like the federal vs. provincial marijuana issue. Harper won't push the issue because he knows a resounding ass beating of PC's in court or in the following election resides on the flip side of that decision.

Not the biggest fan of it for the "whoop-sy" reasons. But I am a huge fan of it for if a woman has been raped and impregnated, or if it's going to be a health concern for the mother to have the child.

But you know, I don't think there are many women out there that would say no to having a baby if they knew they were pregnant. Of course you have those that don't want kids in the first place (there are solutions for that). I could see it being an issue in China - get an ultrasound, find out it's a girl, and terminate the pregnancy so that the woman doesn't have to give birth only to end up killing the child after.

Well... The problem I have is not this new method or any other safe method of abortion. In my personal view I am anti abortion- but only for me and mine. you are free to have your choice, however I do have an issue with " women's body, women's choice'.

If two consenting adults have sex and it turns out the lady gets pregnant, she gets to chose to keep, terminate or adopt.

Equality would be the lady decides to keep the child, the father says fine, it's all yours and they part ways- or they say we'll both keep the child. Lastly mom doesn't want it , the father says I want it and mom HAS to carry to term and hand over the child( Medical abortion still allowed for the safety of mom).

many shades of colour to this heart wrenching descision...

Archived