The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Harper Government Approves Abortion Pill

nucklehead

Oh man this thread.

I didn't even realize there were still this many backwards ass people (well in this case, men), who think they have a say in what a woman does with her body.

It's not completely her body if she's pregnant tho, though, is it? Did the sperm come from her, too?

I don't even know how to respond to this it's so.... so.... short-sighted and myopically ignorant.

It's all in the details. You see the big picture w/o them and you don't get the whole story. Like... skimming through a book.

Does the chef who cooked your last meal get to decide when you take a dump? It's his food, right?

It's more like baking your muffins in someone else's oven and them turning it off if before they're done because they feel too hot.

It's all in the details. You see the big picture w/o them and you don't get the whole story. Like... skimming through a book.

It's more like baking your muffins in someone else's oven and them turning it off if before they're done because they feel too hot.

Lol this is hilarious...

I've read the book, thanks....chapter by chapter and word by word..... detail by detail.......several times. I have a well-informed grasp of the 'big picture'. But thanks all the same for the metaphor, as illogical and off the mark as it is....

Lol this is hilarious...

Look, when the kid is all grown up, if the parents are together, they say, "This is our son/daughter." Decisions about them are usually made together, right?

Why isn't it the same when they're not born yet?

Look, I can't stop abortions from happening. But it should at least be a mutual decision if there is one to happen.

Look, when the kid is all grown up, if the parents are together, they say, "This is our son/daughter." Decisions about them are usually made together, right?

Look, I can't stop abortions from happening. But it should at least be a mutual decision if there is one to happen.

You really don't know what you're talking about. As someone who's been on the other side of the coin, it sure as hell wasn't my decision at the time (although I was very grateful for the decision made). Wasn't a great time and motivated me to take care of things on my end and get the old snippity snip so as to never put another woman in the position where she had the choice of an abortion or a child with someone who did not want to be a father.

Keep digging bro

If women don't want to get pregnant though they should share in the responsibility of doing the act though regardless.

Soon as I became active, I went on the pill.

How is that so hard for some women to figure out? Like why even put yourself in that position to begin with.

Probably not emotionally mature enough to be doing it to begin with.

What's the PC stock response on this, anyways? (I'm usually up to date on them, but not sure in this case)

For example if I'm the biological father, do I get any say? Or is this 100% up to the woman even if I'd care for it once it was born? Can she just kaibash the whole thing without letting me know?

It's not completely her body if she's pregnant tho, though, is it? Did the sperm come from her, too?

No, but I wasn't talking about a potential father discussing keeping the child with a potential mother. I'm talking about people posting in a forum condemning women's right to chose.

IMO the potential father has every right to try to convince the potential mother to keep the child. However, in the end if the woman truly can't carry the burden of pregnancy and motherhood at that time, then the end decision falls on her.

Archived