The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canadian Election - Liberals Win Majority

DonLever

If Stephen Harper is good enough for Wayne Gretzky, he's good enough for me...

Lots of folks are bashing number 99 now for supporting Harper, and honestly, I think anti-Harper voters cannot possibly go any lower. If they disagree, they should do so respectfully, but openly bashing #99 or anyone else for that matter, that shows nothing but immaturity that kindergarteners would not descend to.

Lol whines about immaturity while saying if gretzky likes it I'll like it too!

And the higher the price of the product, the less people tend to purchase because they can't afford it. This is why I mentioned that lower prices and higher consumption could have the same effect.

AFAIK, governments tend to prefer that people use their discretionary income, rather than hoarding it. One tends to have a stimulating effect on the economy, while the other tends to render it stagnant.

Now this is not to say that I don't believe that Harper is incapable of acting outside his own interests, it's just that I don't believe he has the level of control in this matter that you do.

I didn't imply he did. But the government has everything to do with tariffs taxation and regulatory fees (which are a form of taxation) and by extension Harper does in fact have that control at the federal level.

As well, any genuine plan to keep the product in canada for Canadians would be a plan he could implement yet refuses too.

He has more control than the consumer to sum it up

You do know that the liberal platform is more left than NDP's, right?

I do.

Which is likely why the ndp is losing ground. However Trudeau has said corporate taxes will stay the same(which is good for me) and he will not raise gst. I also support some stimulus spending towards infrastructure.

Most importantly though if Canadians want change then the best option for change is Liberal not ndp.

The Liberals have been fiscally responsible in the past and under the previous Liberal Government the energy sector was a bigger part of the gdp then it's been under the Conservatives. The Harper bashers will have a hard time believing that.

The Liberals have been fiscally responsible in the past and under the previous Liberal Government the energy sector was a bigger part of the gdp then it's been under the Conservatives. The Harper bashers will have a hard time believing that.

The Liberals haven't been without scandal in their recent past, though? Chretien and Martin, as far as I'm aware? I could be wrong.

The Liberals haven't been without scandal in their recent past, though? Chretien and Martin, as far as I'm aware? I could be wrong.

Welcome to Canada's political system. Federal or Provincial.

Mulroney, Chretien, Harper, Clarke, Campbell, Devine, Klein, mcquinty, C. Clarke, Redford, Charest, etc,etc the list goes on and on, that's just off the top of my head.

Welcome to Canada's political system. Federal or Provincial.

Mulroney, Chretien, Harper, Clarke, Campbell, Devine, Klein, mcquinty, C. Clarke, Redford, Charest, etc,etc the list goes on and on, that's just off the top of my head.

The government needs someone with integrity.

The government needs someone with integrity.

Oh I agree. But again it happens at all levels of power. You may be to young but Saskatchewan had a ndp premier that was heavily religious and involved with the church and he was corrupt as well.

It's sad this corruption continues especially since every following Government promises to fix the problem.

I used Saskatchewan as a example cuz I know you live in that Province.

what would u do if there a person in ur riding and hes done a great job for ur town but u hate the head leader. For example somebody a Conservative he done good for ur town but u hate harper. who should u vote

Vote for the best person in your riding, pray Harper doesn't get in.

Oh I agree. But again it happens at all levels of power. You may be to young but Saskatchewan had a ndp premier that was heavily religious and involved with the church and he was corrupt as well.

It's sad this corruption continues especially since every following Government promises to fix the problem.

I used Saskatchewan as a example cuz I know you live in that Province.

Yeah. I think Brad Wall was elected a year after I moved here though, so I'm not too familiar with anyone else.

I kinda want to be a leader with that as one reason, especially in government, because I want integrity in government. As hard as it may be to achieve that.

#Mulcair in #Ottawa says #NDP would create online database of federal spending that could be searched by Canadians.

@CBCNewsAlerts

I'm not sure if true transparency with government spending can ever be attained though, but the thought is interesting. Harper also promised accountability and transparency when he first went in. So it is what it is.

As a Harper supporter, I believed that he wanted to be transparent, but pesky political opponents were constantly prying, determined to spin things politically to sway voters. He definitely has little confidence in his own ability to convince voters beyond his base - most of the time, he has to rely on more charismatic figures like Kenney, Duffy, or Baird, while he mainly plays policy wonk.

Archived