The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PETITION] - Change Vancouver Canucks Jerseys

Caknuckle Puck

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's no such thing as a "style" of something. It either reps Haida or it doesn't. If it was me, and I knew for a fact that it was an attempt to rep my culture, I would be offended that my culture is being used to falsely market to ignorant people who eat it up like you. Either do it right or leave it alone when trying to rep an entire people or culture.

At this point I don't care about this Orca. We've had the worst logos in the NHL and the Orca will continue to make sure we do. That's all. I will continue to not acknowledge the Orca Bay logo by not purchasing anything with it on it.

There's no such thing as a "style" of something.

Of course there is. There's many styles of art. Just as there are many styles of music. Artists have incorporated others styles into their art, whether art or music, throughout the ages. The rest is just more blah, blah, blah.

I will continue to not acknowledge the Orca Bay logo by not purchasing anything with it on it.

Well the Orca Bay logo was actually three Orca's forming an O. That aside, nobody is forcing you to buy anything. I didn't buy the SnR, I didn't buy the V, and I didn't buy the skate. Throughout those eras I only bought t-shirts and hats with the word Canucks on them. I can respect disliking any logo as it's a matter of personal taste. What I don't respect is the stupidity utilized in a lame attempt to discredit the Orca as our logo as opposed to simply saying they just don't like it.

Only problem with the modern stick-in-rink is the color. Because of its white color, i think the old logo looks better, than the new one. The new one just doesn't stand out from the "background"

feb1511_snepsts02_rr.jpg

VS.

940-sedins-burrows.jpg

See what I mean?

Yes, but that's actually the part I like about the new ones. My preference would be use the border design of the new ones, but simplify the stick a bit.

The Canucks' name wasn't geared towards First Nations people a hockey stick or rink.

Do you see how that argument also works against a logo you like?

• Neither a stick in rink or an Orca actually represents the team name.
  • One reps where the team plays, the other what the team plays
  • Both form a C for Canucks.

Either both are valid or neither is to rep "Canucks" based on your argument. I know you're not stupid so stop using stupid excuses as an argument.

Do you see how that argument also works against a logo you like?

• Neither a stick in rink or an Orca actually represents the team name.
  • One reps where the team plays, the other what the team plays
  • Both form a C for Canucks.
Either both are valid or neither is to rep "Canucks" based on your argument. I know you're not stupid so stop using stupid excuses as an argument.

So then if Johnny Canuck were to be our logo, you'd have nothing to bitch about? Since

a) that is our namesake(it's not a rink or an animal cracking thru a C shapes ice patch.

B) it's cartoony just like the Orca

I get the cleverness Orca Bay tried to infuse in shaping their logo into a C for Canucks but c'mon, a 6 year could make the connection and we know the facts behind it.

Im not a fan of the S in R design but if they want to avoid adding yet another logo the obvious choice would be going back to where it began in the NHL.

The Canucks' name wasn't geared towards First Nations people. It was based on Johnny Canuck, whose lumberjack profession has deep historic roots in BC and represented our brave Canadian soldiers who fought for our freedoms during WWII.

The Stick In Rink is no different in class and simplicity than the Canadiens's CH or the Nordiques' Igloo N.

The Canucks' name wasn't geared towards First Nations people. It was based on Johnny Canuck, whose lumberjack profession has deep historic roots in BC and represented our brave Canadian soldiers who fought for our freedoms during WWII.

The Stick In Rink is no different in class and simplicity than the Canadiens's CH or the Nordiques' Igloo N.

I never said our Canucks name was linked to our First Nations people. I said the current Orca design had links to our First Nations people. A Canuck is a term used by Americans to define a Canadian; simple as that. There are lots of theories but no absolute correct definition of a Canuck (see Wikipedia). It has been theorized that Canuck originates from a Cree word Kannuck. Anyway, I like our "Canucks" regardless of the logo (but I prefer the Orca). Before the Canucks entered the NHL, the WHL jersey in 1968-9 simply said "CANUCKS". It looked good too (the team colours were blue with red and white trim).

PS My Dad is 93 and he fought for Canada in the Second World War so I don't need a history lesson. The First World War vets were also commonly referred to as Canucks by the Brits and the Yanks.

So then if Johnny Canuck were to be our logo, you'd have nothing to bitch about? Since

a) that is our namesake(it's not a rink or an animal cracking thru a C shapes ice patch.

B) it's cartoony just like the Orca

I get the cleverness Orca Bay tried to infuse in shaping their logo into a C for Canucks but c'mon, a 6 year could make the connection and we know the facts behind it.

Im not a fan of the S in R design but if they want to avoid adding yet another logo the obvious choice would be going back to where it began in the NHL.

Actually I would. I hate the cartoon logo. I don't see a lumberjack as representing me as Canadian (Canuck) or our city. It's an outdated political cartoon character that was created in eastern Canada. The very reason I like the Orca, and it's style, so much is that it represents very well where the team plays.

Or the obvious choice is not changing at all.

Btw, the team wasn't named for Johnny Canuck. It was actually a marketing ploy suggested by a friend of the original owner to play on locals sense of national pride to support the team in the wake of WWII. It's what Canadian soldiers were called by Americans and Brits overseas during the war. It's nothing more than a nickname for Canadian. Naming the team "Canucks" had nothing at all to do with a cartoon lumberjack.

And for those arguing that we need to go back to our origins....

VNucks_zpsgd3qsz3f.jpg

...God help us it's back to the Flying V.

vancouver-giants-retro.jpg

^^^^^^^^ There. Done. Just change the red to green and add a green border around the logo and jersey numbers. Perfect! :) No "boring" Stick In Rink. No "gawd awful" Flying V. And no orca or any animal, west coast or not, misrepresenting the Canucks name. Understandably, though, people want a logo that shows were the team plays. A 'V' is the best and safest way to go.

fqsaneuuzbmiftlbsyuv5htof.gif<--- Just add Johnny Canuck to the shoulders and there you have a timeless Vancouver Canucks uniform.

Actually I would. I hate the cartoon logo. I don't see a lumberjack as representing me as Canadian (Canuck) or our city. It's an outdated political cartoon character that was created in eastern Canada. The very reason I like the Orca, and it's style, so much is that it represents very well where the team plays.

Or the obvious choice is not changing at all.

Btw, the team wasn't named for Johnny Canuck. It was actually a marketing ploy suggested by a friend of the original owner to play on locals sense of national pride to support the team in the wake of WWII. It's what Canadian soldiers were called by Americans and Brits overseas during the war. It's nothing more than a nickname for Canadian. Naming the team "Canucks" had nothing at all to do with a cartoon lumberjack.

And for those arguing that we need to go back to our origins....

VNucks_zpsgd3qsz3f.jpg

...God help us it's back to the Flying V.

They should revert to that style of goalie equipment! Games would all be 8-6, 11-4....

Archived