The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PETITION] - Change Vancouver Canucks Jerseys

Caknuckle Puck

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm pretty sure we have the most jersey changes in NHL history... Correct me if I'm wrong.

The orca is the most unique logo in the NHL and represents the west coast quite well. OP may not like the orca but it's the primary logo that everyone recognizes nation-wide for the past 18 years. Maybe in the future they will make some small changes to the jerseys, but I highly doubt they will change the logo.

I agree. Most logos need a chance to age before they can become a classic.

For example, he Blackhawks are considered one of the best logos and jerseys in sports but I'm sure people would hate it if it were new

I agree. Most logos need a chance to age before they can become a classic.

For example, he Blackhawks are considered one of the best logos and jerseys in sports but I'm sure people would hate it if it were new

Don't compare the orca with Chief Black Hawk. If the Canucks are going to have a timeless classic like Chicago's, Johnny Canuck is the best way to go or returning to the Stick In Rink with JC as the secondary. Furthermore, a return to the traditional block-style font with green bordering would springboard this franchise up to the best brands in North American sports.

Otherwise, change the name of the club to "Orcas" and use a similar logo that Orka uses for his avatar.

Changing the jersey doesn't mean we have drop all our heritage, so let's not jump the OP. I think our current jersey is a bit too busy, with the wordmark and the Orca. The green and blue is great, we kinda own that now, but I think we should use the Green as the main and blue as the highlights instead.

I also agree with GarthButcher5 that in order for a logo to be classic, we need to evolve it and update it. I made the following design a while ago, it's an update to the "rink" logo, but on green instead of blue, this actually makes a better contrast, since the logo is mostly blue.

I also used the Canadiens' jersey design as framework for the stripes. I think the Hab's jersey is a classic, and not just because of the logo, but the overall colors.

This way, it's more of a design update, instead of forgoing our heritage. I think any hockey fan who sees this jersey can tell it's a Canucks jersey, but it's also very different from the current one. In any case, we have way too many blue jerseys in the NHL.

BtzPbqCCMAQP_fi.jpg

Don't compare the orca with Chief Black Hawk. If the Canucks are going to have a timeless classic like Chicago's, Johnny Canuck is the best way to go or returning to the Stick In Rink with JC as the secondary. Furthermore, a return to the traditional block-style font with green bordering would springboard this franchise up to the best brands in North American sports.

Otherwise, change the name of the club to "Orcas" and use a similar logo that Orka uses for his avatar.

Why change the team name when our Orca forms a C for Canucks in exactly the same fashion as the stick in rink does? Do we need to change our name to Rinkers to use the stick in rink? It's just another silly excuse.

Changing the jersey doesn't mean we have drop all our heritage, so let's not jump the OP. I think our current jersey is a bit too busy, with the wordmark and the Orca. The green and blue is great, we kinda own that now, but I think we should use the Green as the main and blue as the highlights instead.

I also agree with GarthButcher5 that in order for a logo to be classic, we need to evolve it and update it. I made the following design a while ago, it's an update to the "rink" logo, but on green instead of blue, this actually makes a better contrast, since the logo is mostly blue.

I also used the Canadiens' jersey design as framework for the stripes. I think the Hab's jersey is a classic, and not just because of the logo, but the overall colors.

This way, it's more of a design update, instead of forgoing our heritage. I think any hockey fan who sees this jersey can tell it's a Canucks jersey, but it's also very different from the current one. In any case, we have way too many blue jerseys in the NHL.

BtzPbqCCMAQP_fi.jpg

That's...that's beautiful.

BtzPbqCCMAQP_fi.jpg

That's one beautiful jersey I would buy in a heartbeat.

In fact, I always wondered how great and unique the Canucks would look in a green jersey while keeping the pants and helmets blue. It would look so B.C.

BtzPbqCCMAQP_fi.jpg

That's killer...would look even better if you reversed the green with the blue, but that's just my opinion.

I got to agree with the light in the loafers fashionista Tiger Beat - this version of Canucks uni is "so BC".

BtzPbqCCMAQP_fi.jpg

I may have said all along how against changing jerseys i was, that however, is a masterpiece id buy in a heartbeat and shipped straight over to Aus. Wouldnt care if it cost me over $250.

No. We can have the flying skate as a third jersey but the orca stays. We just had orcas in Coal Harbour... It represents a kind yet tough and strong animal that is aggressive come hunting time. With VANCOUVER on top it represents the city for its self and the Canucks. Are we just supposed to fire Fin? Who doesn't like Fin? Yeah let's have a giant skate as our mascot instead... Unless it's Johnny Canuck as our mascot... Then no

I agree. I do not understand how the Orca is not considered a Vancouver symbol by some. It is way more relevant than Penguins in Pittsburgh, or even Ducks in Anaheim. (Which started as a corporate brand Donald Duck as a hockey player, but now is nothing like that) And it is no worse than San Jose using a shark, or Florida using a panther.

Now as far as the design, I don't really like it. it is too stiff and odd. An Orca cracking out of a stylized "C"? Just no. But its what we have, and its probably better than anything we have had so far (which isn't saying a lot) I'd say stick to this one.

Unless of course Trevor could be convinced to do a flying V jersey with the new colours! ;)

For those bashing the orca logo, I feel the Canucks don't deserve to wear it on their chest. They haven't earned it in any way. Orcas are the apex predators in their environment, often referred to as wolves of the sea. Unlike the Canucks, orcas possess the killer instinct which is why they can take down great white sharks with ease as well as other whales and work as a team to even knock critters who feel they're safe on ice floes. They represent true champions which the Canucks are not. Until then, it's somewhat embarrassing they wear a champion logo on their jerseys.

The Johnny Canuck logo better suits the Canucks. The lumberjack is the perfect symbol for the players of a team that has been more or less mediocre for 40+ years. The lumberjack is likely unionized, overpayed, lazy at times and entitled only working when he feels like it which fits the identity of the team over its history.

As for VANCOUVER written above the logo, you do all realize it's an homage to both the Vancouver Millionaires and the original WHL Vancouver Canucks who had CANUCKS spelled in exactly that format on their jerseys. But yeah, let's get rid of something that actually harkens back to the original team's identity!

By the way because it's been mistakenly mentioned several times I feel it's necessary to point out that orcas aren't whales. They're the largest members of the dolphin family. Discuss.

The Johnny Canuck logo better suits the Canucks. The lumberjack is the perfect symbol for the players of a team that has been more or less mediocre for 40+ years. The lumberjack is likely unionized, overpayed, lazy at times and entitled only working when he feels like it which fits the identity of the team over its history.

Well that's hilarious.. lazy lumberjacks eh never met one?

For those bashing the orca logo, I feel the Canucks don't deserve to wear it on their chest. They haven't earned it in any way. Orcas are the apex predators in their environment, often referred to as wolves of the sea. Unlike the Canucks, orcas possess the killer instinct which is why they can take down great white sharks with ease as well as other whales and work as a team to even knock critters who feel they're safe on ice floes. They represent true champions which the Canucks are not. Until then, it's somewhat embarrassing they wear a champion logo on their jerseys.

As for VANCOUVER written above the logo, you do all realize it's an homage to both the Vancouver Millionaires and the original WHL Vancouver Canucks who had CANUCKS spelled in exactly that format on their jerseys. But yeah, let's get rid of something that actually harkens back to the original team's identity!

By the way because it's been mistakenly mentioned several times I feel it's necessary to point out that orcas aren't whales. They're the largest members of the dolphin family. Discuss.

Are you serious? Really? God, I hope you are being sarcastic about lumberjacks being lazy and entitled. The backbone of Vancouver's early economy was based on forestry, of which the lumberjack was a key part. Just keep the colours blue, green, and white.

Oceanic dolphins are members of the cetacean family Delphinidae. Delphinidae is the largest family of cetaceans, with more than 30 species as members. These small toothed whales are found worldwide, mostly in the shallower seas of the continental shelves. As the name implies, oceanic dolphins tend to be found in the open seas, unlike the river dolphins, although a few species such as the Irrawaddy dolphin are coastal or riverine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanic_dolphin

The killer whale (Orcinus orca), also referred to as the orca whale or orca, and less commonly as the blackfish or grampus, is a toothed whale belonging to the oceanic dolphin family, of which it is the largest member.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whale

Cetacea is a scientific order of large aquatic mammals that have forelimbs modified into flippers, a horizontally flattened tail, one or two nostrils at the top of the head for breathing, and no hind limbs. Cetaceans include all whales, dolphins and porpoises.

http://seaworld.org/en/animal-info/animal-infobooks/bottlenose-dolphins/scientific-classification/

Archived