The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks hard copy tickets

WalkWithElias

No hard copy tickets , as was told from my rep

find it weird nothing being sent to STH about no hard copy tickets..

as they mention in last month email.

Our records indicate that you have elected to pick up your 2015.16 season tickets at the Rogers Arena Ticket Centre when they are available in early September.

Our records indicate that you have elected to pick up your 2015.16 season tickets at the Rogers Arena Ticket Centre when they are available in early September.

I wonder when they are going to tell us :). I elected to have them shipped, they did charge my credit card in the 17th for it.

If I had known it was just going to be some cards. I would just pick them up at the first game I attend.

They are electronic, not instant download on stubhub right now. I assume they will allow us to print in the next couple weeks. But you could sell on ticket exchange for the last 2 weeks, I already got a check from them. I am not sure if the buyer can print them off or not yet.

Edmonton already has everything working apparently, even instant downloads on stubhub for over a week.

Lots of Canucks listed UPS......wonder how that will work now....I bet people have sold tickets listed as UPS shipping.

Ah I see. The UPS? Well, they will probably just ship printed copies of the tickets. It's been done before. Stubhub apparently says that is okay. No guarantee you get hard copy tickets if you order via UPS. It sucks because you pay fees to order via UPS.

You'll get a slip of paper with your Canucks ID on it and instructions on how to log-in to your account, surprise!

I still don't believe this... makes no sense. The Canucks booklets needed to be printed a long time ago from what I understand (they take time to print). This must have been a last minute decision. Canucks ownership must really be hard up for money... Canadian dollar dropping.... 1st round exits.... salary cap going up.... merchandise sales down.... attendance down.... I bet it all combines to equal like tens of millions of dollars or more in revenue changes compared to their anticipated revenue several years ago (projected revenue).

I wonder when they are going to tell us :). I elected to have them shipped, they did charge my credit card in the 17th for it.

If I had known it was just going to be some cards. I would just pick them up at the first game I attend.

We will see...... I still hope it's for next year.

Certainly makes my life a tad harder. I don't have a cell phone period and I share some of my tickets with another guy. It's going to make my life a little difficult and when you think the players get millions and fans get this sort of treatment

FOR sure if you a Full Season Ticket Holder (at least for this year) you will get Hard Copy Tickets. I just called. It seemed strange to me that I didn't get a notice about it so I called Canucks office today.

Thks for checking. I'm on the Eastcoast right ...difficult to check up

Well that is good news. I either upload tickets I want to sell or print for the games I attend. I enjoy keeping my books with the tickets inside. Its a nice souvenir. I think a lot of people enjoy them.

I know there is a cost to produce them. If every NHL team used the same printer probably under $15-$25 a booklet.

But other teams have already stopped printing ticket books, so its a matter of time here too.

Other teams give out prepaid cards for their food stands, some teams even give free jerseys to their STH.

FOR sure if you a Full Season Ticket Holder (at least for this year) you will get Hard Copy Tickets. I just called. It seemed strange to me that I didn't get a notice about it so I called Canucks office today.

I'm not overly surprised. Like I said these things would have been printed a long time ago and I can't see the canucks just doing this without telling anyone. But it sounds like this will be the last year......... next year it's going digital/card swipe.

I'm not overly surprised. Like I said these things would have been printed a long time ago and I can't see the canucks just doing this without telling anyone. But it sounds like this will be the last year......... next year it's going digital/card swipe.

Makes sharing a ticket more difficult for sure, this may back fire on them. It's usually just one insignificant thing that is the last straw. If you have other commitments how do you sell tickets, I used to do it on Craigs list no problem ...... now a problem

Makes sharing a ticket more difficult for sure, this may back fire on them. It's usually just one insignificant thing that is the last straw. If you have other commitments how do you sell tickets, I used to do it on Craigs list no problem ...... now a problem

I don't really see the issue. If you want to share a ticket, you can transfer it to your friend via email instantly. If your friend doesn't use email (rare), then you can print it off for them and hand it to them just like a normal ticket. It's not as glamorous but it works and it is much more green than the hard cardboard tickets, most of which get thrown away.

That being said, the best scenario for this entire thing is to just make hard copy tickets an option for a small fee, like $20 a ticket ($40 a pair). Then they save paper/go green, yet people who want hard copy tickets can still pay for them. Makes sense to me.

as a fellow ticket holder as my 2nd year as one, i was told by another fellow member , that us season tickets holders, will no longer be getting hard copy tickets any longer , the only way we will be able to get into the arena is by a mobile device or print the ticket off at home, when i found out about this, i was kinda upset, also we get our tickets in 2 week and they didn't tell us anything yet.

I just bought an 11 game pack yesterday (with 2 vs EDM so I can see McGretzky play). I did last season with the print at home function and it works perfectly. You can also email the tickets to a friend and they can get in with their smart phones. Not sure why hard copy is so necessary. I have all my tickets in my Canucks account and I can print them all today if I want.

I just bought an 11 game pack yesterday (with 2 vs EDM so I can see McGretzky play). I did last season with the print at home function and it works perfectly. You can also email the tickets to a friend and they can get in with their smart phones. Not sure why hard copy is so necessary. I have all my tickets in my Canucks account and I can print them all today if I want.

i guess some ppl not good with computers or phones.. and hard copy tickets are easier to sell.. kinds risky buying tickets with just a sheet of paper..

i guess some ppl not good with computers or phones.. and hard copy tickets are easier to sell.. kinds risky buying tickets with just a sheet of paper..

With modern printers etc., forging is just as easy with the high-end ones as a piece of paper out of someone's inkjet

I wasn't home for Fedex today......so what do they look like this year?

I got mine today. In my opinion they are no where near as nice as last year. The most noticeable omission is the lack of playoff tickets... hmm... Someone could make a joke about that... like the Canucks don't plan to make the playoffs so why print them? That's the first year in a long time they've done that I think. So the books are much much thinner than last year. I'd say half as thin, because they left out some other stuff too. Not much inside other than tickets and some advertising for their chef/food services and stuff. Basically 5 pages and then the tickets, and nothing at the end of the book. I guess they are really trying to cut costs.

I found the slogan this year kind of cheesy. Not sure why we need a new slogan every year. I disliked the "We are all canucks" slogan. This year the slogan is "Play for ____" with the blank filled in by numerous things. Here's all the pics of the booklet (minus tickets).

15dt6k7.jpg

308h0uo.jpg

33f5nqv.jpg

b8vbyw.jpg

are you a full or half season ticket member ?

I got mine today. In my opinion they are no where near as nice as last year. The most noticeable omission is the lack of playoff tickets... hmm... Someone could make a joke about that... like the Canucks don't plan to make the playoffs so why print them? That's the first year in a long time they've done that I think. So the books are much much thinner than last year. I'd say half as thin, because they left out some other stuff too. Not much inside other than tickets and some advertising for their chef/food services and stuff. Basically 5 pages and then the tickets, and nothing at the end of the book. I guess they are really trying to cut costs.

I found the slogan this year kind of cheesy. Not sure why we need a new slogan every year. I disliked the "We are all canucks" slogan. This year the slogan is "Play for ____" with the blank filled in by numerous things. Here's all the pics of the booklet (minus tickets).

15dt6k7.jpg
308h0uo.jpg
33f5nqv.jpg
b8vbyw.jpg

You can also email the tickets to a friend and they can get in with their smart phones. Not sure why hard copy is so necessary.

I don't own or in fact wish to have a smart phone or any cell phone. I certainly don't want to buy one just for the Canucks. As to the manage my account tickey printing or e-mailing, frankly I'm not comfortable with the service. Some times it's refused to print and then when you go back and try again it tells you the tickets been allocated already. Plus if it's one ticket maybe but I have to do multiable. If the tickets were transmitted in Morse Code I'd be great at that :lol: but smart phones and computers....not my thing

Archived