The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tesla Model S P85D Breaks CR's Testing Charts

TOMapleLaughs

I like it, just not the price tag. If I'm gonna spend over 100k on a car, I would get the new Z06 Corvette bearing 650HP, 650 torque and a way sweeter looking ride! The new vette also has some environmental conscience with its cylinder deactivation technology when u r not be using the power.

I like it, just not the price tag. If I'm gonna spend over 100k on a car, I would get the new Z06 Corvette bearing 650HP, 650 torque and a way sweeter looking ride! The new vette also has some environmental conscience with its cylinder deactivation technology when u r not be using the power.

Driven a few. "Track Mode" is pretty awesome.

Remind me again how the battery packs are manufactured...then recycled in these "green machines"?

I'll drive my 1969 Super Bee until the day I die. With a wide eff U smile on my face.

The current problem is there are not enough electric and hybrid cars hitting the junkyards to make recycling the batteries a going concern yet. We have to wait for a lot more batteries to hit the junk heap before recycling them becomes profitable. Its not that they wont be recycled, just not yet.

The problem of the batteries is nothing compared to the problem of climate change. C02 emissions are killing us. The batteries area minor nuisance in comparison.

I love that Vette too but you are comparing apples to oranges. The model S is a full sized sedan that can be used by a family as a daily driver. Kids to soccer practice and all that while also happening to be blisteringly fast when you feel like it. The corvette does the blisteringly fast part but thats it and the cylinder deactivation makes it only slightly less of a joke compared to the S environmentally.But still a joke.

IF you were gonna go for the Vette the Callaway Z06 at 740 hp would be the way to go.

I know this is about the performance of Tesla ... and frankly, who cares about insane mode other than test drives. Will you use it often or just to impress your friends?

But what is the environmental footprint on battery operated cars? Don't know who to believe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3151637/Are-electric-cars-damaging-region-Maps-reveal-EVs-WORSE-environment-gas-guzzling-vehicles.html

A study has found electric cars have an impact on pollution that may be worse than gas-guzzling vehicles. The study looked at US vehicle emissions on a county-level to map where gas cars and electric vehicles cause the most damage. In some areas, shown in red on the right, the impact of charging up EVs overnight does more harm to the environment than going to the petrol station

Production, the insane amount of times the batteries are shipped, and the environmental impact of the nickel mines make them terrible for the environment. It's best for the higher ups to keep trying to convince us that fossil fuels are actually running out to distract people from this.

I love that Vette too but you are comparing apples to oranges. The model S is a full sized sedan that can be used by a family as a daily driver. Kids to soccer practice and all that while also happening to be blisteringly fast when you feel like it. The corvette does the blisteringly fast part but thats it and the cylinder deactivation makes it only slightly less of a joke compared to the S environmentally.But still a joke.

IF you were gonna go for the Vette the Callaway Z06 at 740 hp would be the way to go.

A 2016 cts-v is a better comparison. Basically a z06 with 4 doors. I'll take the V.

None yet. Still deciding, but leaning toward carry. Still getting feedback from others in the area.

My mom and her partner bought a camper (retirees) and then upgraded to a fifth wheel within the same year....

Her partner has a bad knee and found it difficult getting up an into the camper. As well they felt cramped.

The fifth wheel provides more room obviously, but less maneuverability and pick up and go in some situations.

I'd go camper myself as it would allow me to get in and out of some more remote spots. If I had to help the kids up, so be it. They're good that way anyway.

I have a 22' work trailer atm and it's not that fun towing around tbh. You have to plan your route more as once it's on; it's on until you get where you're going.

My mom and her partner bought a camper (retirees) and then upgraded to a fifth wheel within the same year....

Her partner has a bad knee and found it difficult getting up an into the camper. As well they felt cramped.

The fifth wheel provides more room obviously, but less maneuverability and pick up and go in some situations.

I'd go camper myself as it would allow me to get in and out of some more remote spots. If I had to help the kids up, so be it. They're good that way anyway.

I have a 22' work trailer atm and it's not that fun towing around tbh. You have to plan your route more as once it's on; it's on until you get where you're going.

Exactly. Part of the feedback I've been getting is from people in Calgary who drive through Banff, Crowsnest, Sierras, etc., because we plan on a number of North American road trips over the next several years. Obviously it wouldn't matter for flat drives such as the one to Great Falls.

I always assumed rather than charging stations you'd just pull into a 'gas' station and they'd swap you'd out for a new one, so there's no waiting. Kinda like propane tanks.

The size and location of the batteries are insane. I work for a manufacture with hybrids, and full electric vehicles. The safety issues, and the practicality of that is impossible. The best option is a HEV. A vehicle that runs off of an electric motor, but has a gasoline engine back up to run off of, and charge the vehicle aswell. 5000-7000k on a 60$ tank of gas. The most reasonable option untill they come out with a battery which can go 500-600k and charge in under an hour.

None yet. Still deciding, but leaning toward carry. Still getting feedback from others in the area.

There's an ass for every seat, but owning a diesel truck is redundant unless doing some kind of long haul towing, hauling, or at least regular towing or hauling very heavy things. The newer trucks with all the emission control systems just aren't designed to get groceries, or sit in a driveway 3/4 of the year. I cant even justify my half ton, which is why i am selling.

There's an ass for every seat, but owning a diesel truck is redundant unless doing some kind of long haul towing, hauling, or at least regular towing or hauling very heavy things. The newer trucks with all the emission control systems just aren't designed to get groceries, or sit in a driveway 3/4 of the year. I cant even justify my half ton, which is why i am selling.

Resell value in Calgary is pretty high so I figure I'd put a few years into it and see how it goes finding a fifth wheel and then sell if I want something else. :)

Archived