The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Young Stars Tourney

ahf149

I'll be there, very entertaining hockey for the price.

- Very intrigued to watch Virtanens performance considering he hasn't really stopped playing hockey this summer and will be pushing for a spot.

- Cassels and McCann because I didn't get to watch them last year, could be sleepers IMO.

- Brisebois, Shinkaruk, Guance, and Subban could surprise.

Overall just very excited to watch all of our prospects.

Big Mackenzie Stewart will police the wing for toughness, he is 6'4 215, 19 yrs old, maybe the toughest guy in western hockey league last year..He played defence last year for Jr Team...Long shot at making NHL but will be in farm system next year..

He also got 1-punched out by some goon at last years tourney.

Big Mackenzie Stewart will police the wing for toughness, he is 6'4 215, 19 yrs old, maybe the toughest guy in western hockey league last year..He played defence last year for Jr Team...Long shot at making NHL but will be in farm system next year..

He showed some pretty good hands and agility at the prospects camp too. And it sounds like he is a kid who perseveres and works his arse off. Moving him to forward might be unlock his true potential!

He also got 1-punched out by some goon at last years tourney.

Not Mackenzie Stewart, One of the other young guys on tryout got beat up..I think you have the wrong guy...

Go to hockey fight and you will see his fight..He had fight with Calgary Hitmans tough guy 6'5 240 Keegan Kanzig who was one of the toughest guy...Canucks Stewart got the better... Go See we need this young player and I really like Pedan 22yrs old 6'5, 218 this D Man is so tough ..Hope to see Audry Pedan play for Canucks this coming season for a 5 - 10 game look..

Get a job

So, just to be clear, you don't want to hear about the previous discussions which are ongoing on the subject? And you aren't going to comment on the topic?

Cool, you can just reply to me in a completely unrelated post then. :rolleyes:

Darnell nurse. That kid is going to be a superstar. I'm wondering what nurse is going to do if cassels even looks at McDavid. Say goodnight

Nurse is good, but not that good. He won't be intimidating any of our players to that extent.

Darnell Nurse is tall and lanky but in no way is he a goon. At 6'4 and only weighing 180. Nurse would get rag dolled by either Pedan or Stewart.

I don't think Nurse is still the 180 lbs he was reported at pre-draft a year or two ago.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8477498

He is a big, fast, physical athletic and very imposing D man with skills. No he's not a hired goon. But has a reputation of being more than willing to stick up for himself.

It will be fun to see him matched against Virtanen. I bet we'll see that match up at young stars? To me a more compelling storyline than watching Cassels battle McDavid. Battle of the two alpha beasts!

Archived