The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Training Camp Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

It will depend on the final decision with McCann and Hutton.

Will they actually make room for them if they keep impressing. And are they willing to lose assets on waivers to make that happen.

I'm starting to think we're going to have 8 d-men cause they don't want to lose Corrado on waivers. McCann will get 9 games and based on how he plays, when Higgins comes back they'll make a decision.

I'm starting to think we're going to have 8 d-men cause they don't want to lose Corrado on waivers. McCann will get 9 games and based on how he plays, when Higgins comes back they'll make a decision.

That makes sense. I would rather risk losing Biega and Cracknell to waivers than Corrado.

It would suck to lose Biega for Utica's sake, but I'd be happy for him if he got a shot in the NHL.

I think Gaunce is going down because they can send him down without waivers, and we are on limited time to get down to the starting roster for the season.

I think once all the dust has settled for teams, we will see a trade or two and Gaunce will probably be back in Vancouver before the end of November.

Biega and Hutton the next cuts on D. And the only battle left imo is Cracknell vs. McCann. I think Cracknell goes once Higgins comes back. McCann gets up to 9 games and then the best performer in Utica gets called up to take his spot.

I always thought that Benning was just paying lip service when he talked about young guys stealing spots. Imo Virtanen was always going to make the team, unless he came into camp and totally stunk it up.

JB's not going to just give away Vey and Corrado. A handful of pre-season games, doesn't erase an AHL career.

It's going to be great to be a Comets/ Canucks fan again this year. GC'sG

Gaunce deserves to be on this team.

He will be.

It might simply be a paper transaction at this point and he never even goes to Utica.

We'll have to wait and see what other moves are made. If Vey, Biega, and Cracknell are put on waivers, Gaunce can be recalled right away.

Archived