The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Training Camp Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

Because he's a late Bloomer? He is coming off his best season.

Seriously though, can you name one late blooming stud Dman that came into his own after being put on waivers?

Yes and he may have already "bloomed", which was my point. I don't think we'll get more production than that. That very well could have been his career year.

Kyle Quincey wasn't a bad waiver pickup for LA. Put up 38 points in 72 games for the Kings before being traded to the Avs. He's still a solid player for Detroit even at age 30.

I'm not saying this is common. But with our lack of D depth, I don't see the harm in taking chances with 22/23 year old D-men.

Yes and he may have already "bloomed", which was my point. I don't think we'll get more production than that. That very well could have been his career year.

Kyle Quincey wasn't a bad waiver pickup for LA. Put up 38 points in 72 games for the Kings before being traded to the Avs. He's still a solid player for Detroit even at age 30.

I'm not saying this is common. But with our lack of D depth, I don't see the harm in taking chances with 22/23 year old D-men.

Agree, completely.

I guess, not really what I was thinking when you said 'stud Dman', but whatever. A couple good season's of production but he kinda petered off and plateaud since. It would take alot of luck, and if something presented itself then why not.

I guess, not really what I was thinking when you said 'stud Dman', but whatever. A couple good season's of production but he kinda petered off and plateaud since. It would take alot of luck, and if something presented itself then why not.

He was a stud for LA.

Not so much for Colorado who was going through their rebuild at the time. He likely would have put up better numbers on a team that wasn't gunning for lottery picks.

I would think the cuts were to be made after tomorrow's game in case there was another injury

I think they'll probably wait until the flurry of waiver dumps that will happen in the next few days.

It's easier to sneak guys through when teams have other options.

He was a stud for LA.

Not so much for Colorado who was going through their rebuild at the time. He likely would have put up better numbers on a team that wasn't gunning for lottery picks.

Sure, he put up points for LA, he even had decent production in his first season with Colorado. I was just thinking a bigger sorta fish when you used the word 'stud'.

Just reading up on him, drafted by Detroit in the 5th round and waived to LA 5 years later....Does full circle back to Detroit after they pick him up at the deadline for a 1st and a prospect from Tampa. Guess winning cups allows allot of leeway in regards to asset management.

Thought today would be a huge day for cuts, and Saturday would pretty much be our lineup next Wednesday.

Guess they are taking more time to evaluate.

I would imagine we see a pretty complete lineup tomorrow.

My guess:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Dorsett McCann Prust

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Weber

Hutton Sbisa

Miller

I think they've seen enough to make the call on Kenins, Gaunce, Biega, and Cracknell.

McCann, Virtanen, and Hutton get one last chance to impress, and then the decision will be made. Players can be sent down based on whether we carry two extra D or two extra forwards.

I would imagine we see a pretty complete lineup tomorrow.

My guess:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Dorsett McCann Prust

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Weber

Hutton Sbisa

Miller

I think they've seen enough to make the call on Kenins, Gaunce, Biega, and Cracknell.

McCann, Virtanen, and Hutton get one last chance to impress, and then the decision will be made. Players can be sent down based on whether we carry two extra D or two extra forwards.

I highly doubt that we don't see Bartkowski in the line up especially since they haven't really established d pairings for the regular season and he's a shoe in

Weber is terrible

No need for him and hutton

@VanCanucks: #Canucks reduce pre-season roster; Gaunce & Kenins assigned to @UticaComets. Release → http://t.co/uLNhwgHF8Dhttp://t.co/VdlxnOnAzn

I'm not surprised by this at all. Utica is the best place for these two right now. McCann is just too good to send back to junior, so space needed to be made. Virtanen is way better than those two guys already.

I highly doubt that we don't see Bartkowski in the line up especially since they haven't really established d pairings for the regular season and he's a shoe in

Weber is terrible

No need for him and hutton

Weber and Hutton play opposite sides so one doesn't effect the other.

It will be either Weber or Bartkowski with Hamhuis, and based on what I know of Willie, it will be Weber.

Bartkowski was brought in as an extra D-man and that's where he'll be for now.

Archived