The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Training Camp Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

No way corrado clears. Unfortunately as great as Hutton has been he is likely to start the year in utica until we can facilitate a trade of one of our current dmen.

They likely would rather see Hutton get big minutes for a few months in Utica rather than limited time and even press box time in the bigs. Also they don't lose another dman to waivers.

My bet is Hutton is first call up in an injury situation and probably will be brought up to finish out the year when Hammer is traded with us out of playoffs at the deadline. Then back to utica for playoff run.

I hope they ask Hammer/vrbata to go the vermette/michalek route. Go for playoffs on a trade and re-sign july 1.

hammer might since he has regressed a bit over last few years but no way does vrbata do that coming off biggest year yet. He's got a lot more value then people think. He just needs to have another year like that so his value remains high.

I see vrbatas value equal if not higher then hamhuis. I'm most likely in the minority for that but I don't really care.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Gaunce McCann Dorsett

Prust, Vey

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Weber

Hutton Sbisa

Bartkowski

Miller

Markstrom

I really like that line-up and completely agree this should be the roster for the next pre-season game, but I just don't think we will get Corrado through waivers. Hutton has out played him at camp, but Corrado has been very solid for us in the past. I think they should try to protect Corrado by keeping him with the club, and allow Corrado to get his footing on the team.

As for the Baer - Horvat - Virtanen line, that line was very fun to watch last night and hope they do get another shot to show they can play consistently. We know Horvat is consistent so its just a matter of Baer and Virtanen showing that they are defensive capable.

With that roster, what happens when Higgins returns though? Would we really put Higgins on 4th line instead of Gaunce? Maybe the '4th line' would still get 10-12 minutes a game and it would really matter. I actually think McCann and Higgins could have some great chemistry.

I don't think its been posted, but everyone already knew, but now it's official

Vancouver, B.C. –Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have reduced their pre-season roster by two players. The moves bring the club’s current roster to 28 players.

The following players have been assigned to the Utica Comets:

Richard Bachman, Goaltender

Taylor Fedun, Defence

After watching the game last night and the way Vey played last night with two solid veterans, I don't think he deserves a spot. We need battlers on the fourth line and Vey try's to play like someone who's on the 1st or 2nd line.

The 4th line centre is supposed to go out with a physical tone and get pucks deep. Vey just isn't a fit for that role.

It will be a shaky start if McCann or Cracknell get the 4th line position, but the development in an nhl atmosphere would be worth it long term.

Those who are on the fence about vey just like I was last night need to think about the roles of 4th line centers and how they need to play.

As of now, I'm convinced Vey should be the odd man out.

With the impressive play of McCann, Virtanen and Hutton.

I have a feeling that Corrado and Shinkaruk are gonna be a couple of the pieces to get us a stud dman. Could be wrong, just have a feeling. This is knky preseason though, just something to ponder.

if the canucks had a stud d-man would you trade him for a corrado and a shinkaruk?

if the canucks had a stud d-man would you trade him for a corrado and a shinkaruk?

Maybe if we had a deep prospect pool and risked losing that "stud D-man" to waivers.

That being said we're not getting a stud D-men for those two. I'll take a young NHL ready D-man who is either a bruising crease clearer or one who can run a powerplay. They don't have to be elite, just capable.

Jared Tinordi is an intriguing option.

Maybe if we had a deep prospect pool and risked losing that "stud D-man" to waivers.

That being said we're not getting a stud D-men for those two. I'll take a young NHL ready D-man who is either a bruising crease clearer or one who can run a powerplay. They don't have to be elite, just capable.

stud d-men don't get waived.

I'v liked tinordi but he has been having a hard time getting to the next level. That kind of scared me away. We need a proved nhl defenseman, no more 7-8th d

stud d-men don't get waived.

Late blooming ones do.

I'm not saying it's likely, but we've seen teams give up on young players too soon before. I'd take a chance on a guy like Tinordi excelling in a new environment, than another season developing Weber who has likely already peaked.

I'v liked tinordi but he has been having a hard time getting to the next level. That kind of scared me away. We need a proved nhl defenseman, no more 7-8th d

Sometimes a new coach and a new system is all a player needs.

He'd be worth the risk if the cost was low IMO. I would carry him as an extra over Corrado at this point.

Late blooming ones do.

I'm not saying it's likely, but we've seen teams give up on young players too soon before. I'd take a chance on a guy like Tinordi excelling in a new environment, than another season developing Weber who has likely already peaked.

Weber hasn't peaked though

Archived