The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] The Battle of Hogwarts

JohnLocke

How many kills are there to muddy the waters though? The Mafia kill will always throw a TP into the mix, so that is irrelevant and can be accounted for. But if there's an SK it would mess everything up regardless of whether the vig took an action or not. I don't see any confirmation one way or the other about whether they're in this game, but I can see how holding the vig kill off for maybe one round could help, provided the SK doesn't exist.

Also if we identify who is mafia we can clear the others on their team. Imo the vig should definitely not be using a kill tonight.

There are 1 member, 3 guests, 2 anonymous users in this thread.....out of those 6 users do you think is visible. Since you are not a guest because you are signed in that would make you Anonymous. Why?

lol haven't you already played a few games? Everyone is always anonymous.

However if that's a genuine thought then I would put you in my early town pile for trying to scum hunt.

Also if we identify who is mafia we can clear the others on their team. Imo the vig should definitely not be using a kill tonight.

In addition being patient with our kills and not having them peppered all over will be more helpful. If 3 people die all from 3 different houses and a Mafia member goes it only makes things more confusing to a degree. If we do have a Vig I also likely wouldn't make the target public because the Mafia will likely intentionally target someone in an untouched house simple to keep things spread. It is also possible the Mafia might not even submit kills every night if they feel no Mafia members are getting hit simply because if no Mafia die it only increases the odds of us finding them.

Could definitely see him playing up the noob angle on purpose, especially with that profile pic.

Yeah could be. Does anyone know how many games fbd has played and whether or not he's discussed anonymous users before?

In addition being patient with our kills and not having them peppered all over will be more helpful. If 3 people die all from 3 different houses and a Mafia member goes it only makes things more confusing to a degree. If we do have a Vig I also likely wouldn't make the target public because the Mafia will likely intentionally target someone in an untouched house simple to keep things spread. It is also possible the Mafia might not even submit kills every night if they feel no Mafia members are getting hit simply because if no Mafia die it only increases the odds of us finding them.

Yeah imo any killing from the town is only going to make deductions more difficult.

For now I would keep most chat stuff public. The Mafia has a leg in each chat so hiding stuff still helps them but only keeps the other TP in the dark. At least until we are confident we killed off a member(s) in certain houses.

For now I am assuming we have the possibility of a Vig and SK simply to make things more difficult but if the Vig holds off at best we have 2 kills. We know who we lynch and we can assume the Mafia being only a 4 count wont kill one of their own members right now so that should give us some clearer vision IMO. The only possible variable is an SK but even with one it still may fall in our favor.

Personally if I was the Vig or SK and I was hellbent on killing I would swing within the same house as whoever gets lynched simple to keep the perspective narrowed down to 2 houses if a Mafia member is hit. But my preference would be to keep it conservative for now and try to stick to 2 kills for tonight for full view.

As far as lynch goes since we are literally taking a shot in the dark I would probably target someone in a group of 4 whom we consider not so helpful.

At least that is my thought

Also I'd be wary of saying that BW is TP because he's never helpful as mafia. He changed his mafia style a while back during a game on Mafia Universe and it seems pretty similar to his TP game. I won't detail the exact differences though because then he'll adapt. :P And he has a 33% chance of being mafia since I'm TP.

Archived