The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] The Battle of Hogwarts

JohnLocke

Okay, more info on the champion duel selection:

It should be a general consensus. Decide on one person to send per night. You may not send the same person two nights consecutively.

However, if one person types Veto Duelist in the House PM, the champion will not be selected and I will use RNG to declare the duelist sent that night. If a consensus is not reached by nightfall, I will RNG a duelist.

RNG may bypass the same person consecutive duels rule.

The first duel will pit Ravenclaw against Gryffindor and

Slytherin against Hufflepuff.

Just realized Toews, Aladeen, Dral and GFY aren't playing. Wtf

We need more in thread discussion or we're going to mislynch imo.

I am unsure of really where to start as it seems we don't have much traction to start with.

So what we know is that the Mafia likely has at least 1 member in each house (maybe 2 in Ravenclaw if we are assuming their are 5 Mafia members). If we were to take a risk swing if that is the case Ravenclaw may provide a 40% chance of hitting a Mafia member if they do in fact have 2 however hitting a TP in a scenario like this could be extra dangerous as the Mafia would be close to gaining control of the house.

Apparently no one can die in duels to our understanding and the winning house gains an ability. I assume this is the replacement for specials if they don't exist in this game. Maybe each house itself has a specific ability tied to it.

Truly though I am not really sure of what to expect for Nightfall

I am unsure of really where to start as it seems we don't have much traction to start with.

So what we know is that the Mafia likely has at least 1 member in each house (maybe 2 in Ravenclaw if we are assuming their are 5 Mafia members). If we were to take a risk swing if that is the case Ravenclaw may provide a 40% chance of hitting a Mafia member if they do in fact have 2 however hitting a TP in a scenario like this could be extra dangerous as the Mafia would be close to gaining control of the house.

Apparently no one can die in duels to our understanding and the winning house gains an ability. I assume this is the replacement for specials if they don't exist in this game. Maybe each house itself has a specific ability tied to it.

Truly though I am not really sure of what to expect for Nightfall

I don't think it's against the game's rules to say that in our PM it mentions we have only a singular Mafia. Which I suppose makes for a small-ish Mafia team.

I don't think it's against the game's rules to say that in our PM it mentions we have only a singular Mafia. Which I suppose makes for a small-ish Mafia team.

Yeah it's most likely only a 4 player team.

The fact that we won't know who is mafia upon death will make looking at voting patterns a lot more difficult. I would advise that the vig ( if there is one) should hold off on killing for the first couple of rounds because of this.

Yeah it's most likely only a 4 player team.

The fact that we won't know who is mafia upon death will make looking at voting patterns a lot more difficult. I would advise that the vig ( if there is one) should hold off on killing for the first couple of rounds because of this.

How many kills are there to muddy the waters though? The Mafia kill will always throw a TP into the mix, so that is irrelevant and can be accounted for. But if there's an SK it would mess everything up regardless of whether the vig took an action or not. I don't see any confirmation one way or the other about whether they're in this game, but I can see how holding the vig kill off for maybe one round could help, provided the SK doesn't exist.

A few more rule clarifications:

You may vote anytime, not just from 8-9.

The winner of the duel gets a reward that is known to the house only. The winner gets to choose how they use the reward. It may be an investigation, perks, save, etc.

However, the house will know who/how they use the reward.

Archived