The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian involved in early morning car wreck...

That's why I was asking a question. I didn't state what happened, I said "IF" it was kept secret.

In all liklihood this was common knowledge around the league. If the average fan knew about it, I'm sure other GMs caught wind.

So you asked a speculative question about the character of the GM surrounding the trade but didn't think there was any evidence to suggest it?

Makes sense.

Addiction is a disease.

If you're incapable of understanding that (which is evident by your use of quotations), then you aren't really qualified to discuss this matter.

And lol, good for you, you might have had some insider information that wasn't averrable to the public. Here, +1 internet points to you.

Yeah, it's a problem for sure... not saying it's easy... but life is a series of choices... and nobody CHOOSES to have Cancer... everyone who is an Addict at some point CHOSE their destiny. Get it?

Henrik's comments are telling:

"You feel bad for the guy," Sedin said after Vancouver's skate Monday. "I always liked him as a guy. He had his issues, but he was always good to be around. Hopefully it works out for him ... forget about hockey, but just life I think, for him, is the most important thing."

Good luck to Kass.

Yeah, it's a problem for sure... not saying it's easy... but life is a series of choices... and nobody CHOOSES to have Cancer... everyone who is an Addict at some point CHOSE their destiny. Get it?

Nobody CHOOSES to be an addict.

Again, I don't think you understand how it works.

They do make the choice to head down tgat road and put themselves into those situations to begin with. Ive known many addicts inmy life and every one of them made a choice to begin with. To call it a disease, as cancer is a disease, is wrong.

All that needs to be said here is "good luck"

I really wish Kassian all the best in getting the treatment and the help he needs to live a better life. Hockey is short lived, but he has his whole life ahead of him. Good luck to him and I hope he is in a better frame of mind once he gets help.

They do make the choice to head down tgat road and put themselves into those situations to begin with. Ive known many addicts inmy life and every one of them made a choice to begin with. To call it a disease, as cancer is a disease, is wrong.

No you are very wrong it is a disease and a horrible one at that.

my experience i choose to start drinking alcohol and over indulge i also choose not to start snorting cocaine when i got offered it back when i was 15 instead i stuck to doing weed so much for gateway drug eh

right now with i will admit i struggle with alcohol i am debating whether i can go with just beer or should i quit it altogether again it's a choice i am making

just like the choice i made at the beginning of this year to quit drinking pepsi and i will be choosing to quit drinking all sugary drinks (gatorade vitamin water etc) as well as quitting fast food all together

at the end of the day i made all these choices myself

All that needs to be said here is "good luck"

I really wish Kassian all the best in getting the treatment and the help he needs to live a better life. Hockey is short lived, but he has his whole life ahead of him. Good luck to him and I hope he is in a better frame of mind once he gets help.

thread/

I agree with this. I learned when I was a teenager that I was easily addicted to things. First caffeine, then cigarettes, then alcohol and pot. I knew if I stepped up to harder drugs my life was going to go down the proverbial toilet so I disassociated from certain friends and backed off of all those things. You have a choice, it's just earlier than most people realize.

Kassian - E. Kane - P. Kane

Seguin - Ribiero - Richards

Torres - Kadri - Lupul

Giroux - Brassard - Carter

Redden - Doughty

O'Brien - Myers

Gonchar - Oshie

Emery - Darling

GM: Garth Snow

Would actually be a pretty good team - is all I'm saying. They would have NO problem playing for Snow...

thread/

Agreed. I would think that everyone has had their opportunity to throw some more dirt on top of him now, kick him again while he's down, drag his name through the speculation machine and mud one more time.

I hope rehab sticks this time.........I hope he is able to exorcise some demons.....and I hope that people will allow him to do so in peace without further defaming his character and name.

HV88 has said it well and summed it up most succinctly.

Addiction is a disease.

If you're incapable of understanding that (which is evident by your use of quotations), then you aren't really qualified to discuss this matter.

And lol, good for you, you might have had some insider information that wasn't averrable to the public. Here, +1 internet points to you.

+1

Archived