The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] 2-1 Shootout Win Vs. Ducks

Hodgson!!

I can't believe the criticism the 2nd line is getting. They've been the best at getting it out of our end and moving it into the O-zone. A big part of that is Baertschi's ability to pass from anywhere on the ice. Horvat's doing great covering down low, while Vrbata and Baertschi have been responsible covering the points. The main issue I've seen is that Vrbata's forcing shots, but that shootout goal may encourage him to be more patient as that's how he's most dangerous. Then again, it's not necessarily bad to make the goalie freeze the puck when the entire team has been doing great at faceoffs.

Speaking of faceoffs, McCann went up against Getzlaf and Kesler a few times, and still won 67%. More than anything, that's how Desjardins' trust has manifested. Furthermore, putting Sutter with the Sedins may have been a stroke of genius, as he can take faceoffs on the right side--Henrik was 70% last night.

Not to hate on McCann but your perception of him is wrong he never took a single draw against Kesler and only 1 against Getzlaf and 3 draws in the entire game.So the 67% is him winning 2 out of the 3 draws if he had lost one of those draws instead of winning it he would be sitting at 33%, so it isn't as great of a accomplishment you make it out to be.

Wait what? Benning actually knows what he's doing?! You mean the media isn't a better GM than Benning?! WOW. /s

:rolleyes:

Miller is amazing. His positioning is on another level. From last year to this year he has learned when to play deep and when to come out and challenge. Extremely happy for him.

Taking 2 points in the duck pond is HUGE. Their home record is probably going to be one of the best again this year. It's great to get that one in the books early in the season.

Hmmmn, my Miller doubting is looking pretty short sighted atm?

Vrbata needs to be on the Sedin line, Sutter is not the sniper Vrbata is. Horvat Should remain second line centre, I don't see anyone outplaying him for that position, However I liked burrows on the second instead of Bärtschi,

I agree. Problem is can we get enough ice time and goals from our scoring youngsters was someone elses counter argument. As Sven & McCann, our speed and puck skill injection (which has worked offering puck possession even if it has not scored), end up pretty far down the line up...

Danny Hamk Vrbata

Burrows Bo Virtanen

Prust Sutter Hansen

Sven McCann Dorsett

And does Cracknell deserve to be sat?

Not to hate on McCann but your perception of him is wrong he never took a single draw against Kesler and only 1 against Getzlaf and 3 draws in the entire game.So the 67% is him winning 2 out of the 3 draws if he had lost one of those draws instead of winning it he would be sitting at 33%, so it isn't as great of a accomplishment you make it out to be.

My bad, I remembered him going against Getzlaf in the defensive zone near the end of the game and thought he took a lot more.

Forgot to mention...

For the first time in years, and I mean years... The refs didn't try and fix a game between Vancouver and Anaheim.

Officiating was actually pretty even. I'd say maybe 60% in favour of Anaheim only. Usually it's %80-100 vs any Cali team.

Forgot to mention...

For the first time in years, and I mean years... The refs didn't try and fix a game between Vancouver and Anaheim.

Officiating was actually pretty even. I'd say maybe 60% in favour of Anaheim only. Usually it's %80-100 vs any Cali team.

It's good to see apollo back in his usual GDT/PGT form !

:rolleyes:

Hmmmn, my Miller doubting is looking pretty short sighted atm?

I agree. Problem is can we get enough ice time and goals from our scoring youngsters was someone elses counter argument. As Sven & McCann, our speed and puck skill injection (which has worked offering puck possession even if it has not scored), end up pretty far down the line up...

Danny Hamk Vrbata

Burrows Bo Virtanen

Prust Sutter Hansen

Sven McCann Dorsett

And does Cracknell deserve to be sat?

You must be lost...no one around here admits they might be wrong ... maybe looking for the Leaf forum...they have grown used to being wrong and readily admit it.

Miller looks like his wife....or as Cherry would say....whatta beauty!

So far, this win should be a huge confidence boost, as Vancouver is winning games they should have lost.

The coming Kings game will be a huge test. On paper, Vancouver can strut overconfidently into the game and get uppended by a determined Kings team. Overconfidence warning! But if they can win this game, it's a hugely positive sign, but they must stay focused.

Archived