The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jamie Benn Is An Animal!

Robongo

He's got 8 goals, 7 assists for 15 points in his first 9 games so far this year and has only been held pointless once so far. However, dating back to last year, he has 38 points in his last 21 games for a whopping 1.81 PPG! Pretty incredible , back to back Art Ross' trophies is very likely.

Only seems to be getting better..What a player

Still shake my head knowing he was available, add him to the name of BC boys taken after the 1st round that were positionally needed but never picked for flashier players.

In all fairness in regards to Benn there was a question as to whether or not he was even going to pursue a hockey career at the time he was drafted.  He was also slow and had terrible conditioning due to the fact that he didn't train during the offseason as he was playing baseball.  

He was far from a sure thing to pan out.

In all fairness in regards to Benn there was a question as to whether or not he was even going to pursue a hockey career at the time he was drafted.  He was also slow and had terrible conditioning due to the fact that he didn't train during the offseason as he was playing baseball.  

He was far from a sure thing to pan out.

Not questioning that.  But we had needs and at such a late round I recall a few of us hoping we'd have taken a flyer on him.  I don't like to play the what if game.  but when I look back at times, the writing was on the wall for a few of the guys we missed.  But then of course the writing was also there for a few we took

Not questioning that.  But we had needs and at such a late round I recall a few of us hoping we'd have taken a flyer on him.  I don't like to play the what if game.  but when I look back at times, the writing was on the wall for a few of the guys we missed.  But then of course the writing was also there for a few we took

just as easily could have turned out like pilon this draft. 

too bad we didn't draft zetterberg and datsyuk too, we had needs.

just as easily could have turned out like pilon this draft. 

too bad we didn't draft zetterberg and datsyuk too, we had needs.

See now yer just being an arse.

When we had such LW stalwarts as Bouck, an aging Naslund, Pyatt, Cooke and Cowan as well as a young Burrows we had a need for LWs at that point in time.  And of course leading back to 2003 prior to benns draft our LW picks via the draft were Raymond, Sarauer and Danielsson.  In fact we took exactly 3 LW's over a 5 or 6 year period leading up to that draft

We had a genuine need for LW's and took none.  So in this context yes, we actually had needs.  Not just half arsed responses in a forum bud

See now yer just being an arse.

When we had such LW stalwarts as Bouck, an aging Naslund, Pyatt, Cooke and Cowan as well as a young Burrows we had a need for LWs at that point in time.  And of course leading back to 2003 prior to benns draft our LW picks via the draft were Raymond, Sarauer and Danielsson.

We had a genuine need for LW's and took none.  So in this context yes, we actually had needs.  Not just half arsed responses in a forum bud

nonis was a grown man, he had needs too.

This is from a while ago, Saad isn't on the Hawks anymore.

Good eye, hadn't noticed that.  Still, he's beasting.  Kind of happy I opted for him in my pool.  Still shocked at Crosby thus far though, very happy I didn't draft him in to my pool

Archived