The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

He is generously listed at 6'11". He is more like 6'9"-6'10". 

Close enough to 7. Just like KD, his skills at his height are crazy.

Giannis needs to get a consistent jumper, take him to a whole new level. Probably be unstoppable.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

He is generously listed at 6'11". He is more like 6'9"-6'10". 

No way Giannis is 6’9! Every player is “generously” listed if that’s the case.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Pears said:

Isn’t even close? So what happened to Jordan’s Bulls? Or the Celtics from the 50s and 60s? The Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead in the Finals after going 73-9 in the regular season alone puts them below those teams. As Jordan himself said “73-9 don’t mean a thing without the ring.”

The game has progressed. Just like hockey, you can’t necessarily compare back then to now. There’s a reason teams shoot more 3s now, because players are getting better at them. Trends aren’t just trends for the sake of it, it’s because they produce better teams.

Those Bulls May be the greatest ever because they won a championship, but they would not stand a chance against the Warriors of any of the past 5 years in a 7 game series.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Grape said:

The game has progressed. Just like hockey, you can’t necessarily compare back then to now. There’s a reason teams shoot more 3s now, because players are getting better at them. Trends aren’t just trends for the sake of it, it’s because they produce better teams.

Those Bulls May be the greatest ever because they won a championship, but they would not stand a chance against the Warriors of any of the past 5 years in a 7 game series.

Respectfully disagree.  I'd take Jordan, Pippen and Rodman over Curry, Thompson and Durant.  5 championships for Rodman and 6 for Jordan and Pippen.  Rodman was a rebounding monster and all 3 have been All NBA denfensive players.  Defense wins championships and the Bulls were a TOUGH team.  No way the Hampton 5 would survive a series against the Bulls who learned to play tough through the Pistons Bad Boys (which Rodman was part of).

Plus Jordan is the GOAT.  I'd choose to have the ball in his hands to win the game over anyone on GS. 

1 minute ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Respectfully disagree.  I'd take Jordan, Pippen and Rodman over Curry, Thompson and Durant.  5 championships for Rodman and 6 for Jordan and Pippen.  Rodman was a rebounding monster and all 3 have been All NBA denfensive players.  Defense wins championships and the Bulls were a TOUGH team.  No way the Hampton 5 would survive a series against the Bulls who learned to play tough through the Pistons Bad Boys (which Rodman was part of).

Plus Jordan is the GOAT.  I'd choose to have the ball in his hands to win the game over anyone on GS. 

The difference would be Draymond Green and Iguodala.

Current day rules, Warriors win. 90s rules, Chi wins.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Van40 said:

The difference would be Draymond Green and Iguodala.

Current day rules, Warriors win. 90s rules, Chi wins.

Fair point.  Though Bulls also featured Steve Kerr, Ron Harper and Toni Kukoc who were no slouches either.  Match ups are endless.  Either way I'd love to watch a 7 game series between the 2 teams!

Hard to compare two teams from different eras. Bulls will go down as the best team in their era, and the Warriors will go down as the best team in this era. 

4 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Nobody talks about it much, but the Warriors defence is underrated. Klay, Draymond, and Iguadola leading the way. The way they shut down Lillard last series, their rotation, double teams. The only way I can see the Warriors lose is if it's 90s rules imo, Pippen himself said he wouldn't want to guard a guy like Curry. Also, take into consideration the 3 point line was shorter.   

I personally hate the argument that a certain player/team wouldn't play well in the 90s because it was toucher, more physical, etc. Especially the Lebron one makes no sense, cause Lebron is huge. Lebron, Harden, Curry, KD, Giannis, and many other superstars would absolutely tear the NBA up in the 90s if we being real.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if it's the fact that the Raps are "likeable", or that people just hate the Dubs, but City News in T.O. showed a US map with each state represented for which team they were cheering for. (based on social media, hashtags, etc)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/news/meet-americas-team-in-the-nba-playoffs-the-toronto-raptors/vi-AAC6PsM

The entire country was Raptor red, except for Cali, Nevada and Hawaii....:gocan:

Edited by RUPERTKBD

15 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

062952CE-016A-4293-B2D6-7B66FC47A721.thumb.jpeg.0f8b4d2fb78ec6e26144161e10082f7f.jpeg

Siakam is such a likeable guy. The type of dude everyone cheers for and is virtually impossible to dislike.

Good guy :wub:

Klay Thompson is a big fan of his game.

Spoke about him yesterday in the media availability.

Said he is the prototype modern power forward you want at the "4" in today's game.

My dad said he looks like a Somalian Pirate...

2e0zc8jdzxnx.jpg

220px-Pascal_Siakam_2018.jpg

• Haha 1

Trap Curry and force Klay and other guys to beat you.

Siakam is the one of the few guys in the league that can keep up with (and limit) Draymond in transition. 

Kawhi helped end the the Heatles. Now it's time to finish off the Warriors. 

Raps in 6. 

Oh Danny Green is about to BALL in these finals. 

• Upvote 1

So the Clippers were fined 50k for their Gm Doc Rivers saying Kawhi is like Jordan. That was considered tampering...yet you have Lebron James actually calling players trying to get them to LA. Ridiculous....

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1