The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

10 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

So the Clippers were fined 50k for their Gm Doc Rivers saying Kawhi is like Jordan. That was considered tampering...yet you have Lebron James actually calling players trying to get them to LA. Ridiculous....

In fairness, Magic Johnson and the Lakers were fined after he said this about Giannis last year:

“With his ball-handling skills and his passing ability. He plays above the rim I never could do that. But in his understanding of the game, his basketball IQ, his creativity of shots for his teammates. That’s where we [have the] same thing. Can bring it down, make a pass, make a play. I’m just happy he’s starting in the All-Star game because he deserves that. And he’s going to be like an MVP, a champion, this dude he’s going to put Milwaukee on the map. And I think he’s going to bring them a championship one day.”

The Clippers have been sending team officials to Raptors games all season and even attempted to purchase the rights to Kawhi's Klaw logo. I'm guessing the league is laying out these huge fines for mundane comments like these because they can't technically punish the Clippers for the other stunts they've been pulling off.

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

So the Clippers were fined 50k for their Gm Doc Rivers saying Kawhi is like Jordan. That was considered tampering...yet you have Lebron James actually calling players trying to get them to LA. Ridiculous....

He is quite literally the face of the NBA, and the cashcow. Can't mess with the King:lol:

Take with a grain of salt:(HE STAY)

"Could Kawhi Leonard’s impending free agency be much ado about nothing?

We obviously won’t know for sure until July, but True Hoop is reporting that Leonard may end up returning to the Raptors on a short-term deal. True Hoop’s sources come from “plugged in” people associated with players and the league, but not the Raptors themselves"

RUMOUR IS HE STAY

Edited by naslund.is.king
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Can the Raps win if KD plays? 

Well, they beat them twice during the season with Durant in the lineup (one game was without Kawhi, as well).

So, yes.

Golden State is a better team without KD playing, anyway. 

Fun Fact: KD’s favourite team growing up was the Raptors.

On Thursday, during an interview on The Dan Patrick Show, Durant said: “Believe it or not, I wanted to play for the Toronto Raptors, that was my favorite team.”

Durant cited that one of the main reasons he grew up cheering for the Raptors was because of the Raptors’ jerseys and the fact they were new to the league.

“They were a new team when I was growing up, so I wanted to be a part of that,” Durant said.

Edited by shiznak
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Doc knew exactly what he was doing. The Clippers have had Lawrence Frank stalking Kawhi and his uncle for 82 games this year. 

There's no tampering regulations between players btw. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Van40 said:

Doc knew exactly what he was doing. The Clippers have had Lawrence Frank stalking Kawhi and his uncle for 82 games this year. 

There's no tampering regulations between players btw. 

I am aware of the latter...but there should be. Lebron is basically calling the shots there just like he did in Cleveland ;) 

21 hours ago, shiznak said:

Well, they beat them twice during the season with Durant in the lineup (one game was without Kawhi, as well).

So, yes.

Golden State is a better team without KD playing, anyway. 

Fun Fact: KD’s favourite team growing up was the Raptors.

Who says he ever stopped being a closet fan?

We all know how much Stickman loves his burner accounts...

Just now, Pears said:

Offseason starts with a BOMB

Gotta suck to be Lonzo. Hometown kid always wanted to play for the Lakers. Bron was his favourite player and mentor. Then Bron ships him outta town like he's nothing. Tough Business

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Gotta suck to be Lonzo. Hometown kid always wanted to play for the Lakers. Bron was his favourite player and mentor. Then Bron ships him outta town like he's nothing. Tough Business

Thats a pretty good haul for the Pelicans isn’t it?  

King James is getting old, and might not carry the Lakers to the playoffs.  Those firsts could be top 10.  

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Thats a pretty good haul for the Pelicans isn’t it?  

King James is getting old, and might not carry the Lakers to the playoffs.  Those firsts could be top 10.  

Lakers will be favourites to win the NBA title now.  Other then this years 4th overall pick the Picks will be in the 20-30 range.  Lakers will still have room to sign an Irving or Butler. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, gmen81 said:

Lakers will be favourites to win the NBA title now.  Other then this years 4th overall pick the Picks will be in the 20-30 range.  Lakers will still have room to sign an Irving or Butler. 

King James needs to stay healthy.  He’s not a spring chicken anymore.  Irving would really help with James’ health.  Lebron wouldn’t have to handle the ball so much.  What if Leonard goes to the Lakers?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

King James needs to stay healthy.  He’s not a spring chicken anymore.  Irving would really help with James’ health.  Lebron wouldn’t have to handle the ball so much.  What if Leonard goes to the Lakers?  

Kawhi the type of guy to go to Clippers, just to beat the Lakers.

• Upvote 2