The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Who had Knicks vs Heat in the 2nd round on their bingo card?

Lol Knicks don't really have a stopper for Butler (who can they really put on him, Barrett?  Randle?  Toppin?  Hart?)

... Given how crazy the first round went, that's why I 1000% have the Knicks in 5!!! :frantic::rolleyes:

Edited by Phil_314
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Rooting for the Lakers not for Lebron but because it's been a long time since the NBA had a Cinderella Run

Nuggets and Kings for me....the Lakers are the NBA's version of the Dodgers or Yankees in my view....

That being said, I'm picking whichever team the comes out of the Boston - Philly series to win it all....

16 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Rooting for the Lakers not for Lebron but because it's been a long time since the NBA had a Cinderella Run

I haven't watched any basketball in years.  Then I recently watched "The Grizzly Truth" - a documentary on what went wrong with the Grizzlies in Vancouver.  It must have sparked something because I felt like watching some basketball.  Decided to see how the Grizzlies were doing after all this time and so watched their series with the Lakers.  And I found myself pulling for the Lakers.   A very enjoyable series.  I'd forgotten how entertaining basketball can be.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nuggets and Kings for me....the Lakers are the NBA's version of the Dodgers or Yankees in my view....

That being said, I'm picking whichever team the comes out of the Boston - Philly series to win it all....

The Lakers are indeed the evil empire.  So imagine how bad and hated Ja and Brooks had to be to get the entire basketball community to rally against Memphis and support L.A.

8 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The Lakers are indeed the evil empire.  So imagine how bad and hated Ja and Brooks had to be to get the entire basketball community to rally against Memphis and support L.A.

Did they? I didn't follow it closely enough to see how the basketball community in general felt....

I agree that Ja did an incredibly stupid thing, but it seems to me that Americans make a much bigger thing about a black guy carrying a gun, than they do a white guy...

As far as Brooks goes, I'd be pissed off at him if I was a Grizzlies fan...

17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Did they? I didn't follow it closely enough to see how the basketball community in general felt....

I agree that Ja did an incredibly stupid thing, but it seems to me that Americans make a much bigger thing about a black guy carrying a gun, than they do a white guy...

As far as Brooks goes, I'd be pissed off at him if I was a Grizzlies fan...

Yes.  Nobody wanted to root for the Lakers, but Ja and Dillon made it way too easy.  Brooks is an absolute bum - a Canadian one at that.  It's embarrassing, cowering from the media after getting humiliated on the court like that.

The only other time neutrals might actually root for the Lakers is if they played GSW.  Maybe.

As for Ja, he continues to shoot himself in the foot (not literally, of course...). That entourage of his has turned the dude into a fake gangsta and he hasn't really taken responsibility for it.  He tries to act hard and get confrontational with media folk like Shannon, but then he ducks out of post-game losses.  That's soft.  He needs to take 10 pages out of Giannis' book.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Under any circumstances.  I've never heard anything like that before.

I'm guessing that DB's comments to the press about LeBron after game 2, fall under the "Seemed like a good idea at the time" category....

• Haha 1